1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Jun 2010.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Any news on DRM? Being an EA title you can expect some sort of fail in this area.

2. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Definately what was wrong with the original - spray aliens with bullets then run away cos you've exhausted ur ammo and they're still throwing blue shots at you

it appears from the pics that the aliens have been busy watching terminator movies in the intervening 3 years and made they're own T900's

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Were there a lot of civilians in the environments? I think one of the biggest aspects to "humanizing" the Crysis experience could be a scene where you may be chasing an enemy through a burning street, down an alley, then into a subway station. You bust down the gate ready to lay down some lead and you find a large mass of people, huddled under blankets and cardboard, hiding from the war raging in the streets above.

I'd like to see a lot of people!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

so what you're saying is the game is rubbish because you are rubbish? jesus christ what is with gamers these days "unless it meets my level of perfection its automatically ****"?

just because theres one aspect of it you dont like you'd willingly write it off, theres moments in the original that piss even me off but you dont hear me screaming about how crap the whole package is, and its not even as if the arguement is only crysis, im seeing equally pathetic levels of fail on a multitude of games as of late, why just in another thread someone was saying just cause 2 was utter shite because he could'nt control the cars at high speed and another person was whining about the new PoP game (the one based on the movie) about catering to the "elistests" by including the ability to actually die!

heven forbid should people have to engage in some sort of skill and use thier brains for once when playing a game. at the rate things are going in another 5 years people will be expecting the game to play itself and they just sit back and admire the 90 quid they've just spent on "press start to win game"

/rant.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2010
  5. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Quite. I never really had a problem with ammo in Crysis, and I definitely didn't in Warhead. Especially after being given that weapon...You have to look for it, but the ammo is there to be found. If you run and gun and don't take your time looking in huts for supplies, you are going to run out.

6. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Jaysus gunsmith calm down, search that other "is crysis a good game" thread and you'll see I'm not a crysis hater. I never mentioned my ability or lack thereof ;-), I just thought the other posters comments were a good synopsis of why the first half and second half of crysis felt different. I'd never given it much though tbh and that post sums up for me why it lost a little of it's sparkle half way through, call it an epiphany! Having to spend slightly more excessive ammo and time taking down the aliens changed the pace and style of the gameplay and imo not for the better. I'm not saying it sucked thereafter, just that some of the fun was gone. As the person who played crysis probably the most on this forum, not detracting from ur not gonna think about the new game stance, surely there were the odd subtleties in the first game that made you think "if only...."?, that's part of the fun of having played the game as, the article said- everyone played crysis their own way, therefore everyone is gonna have a different opinion of what could be, which makes these comments interesting to read!

7. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Actually, having thought about it, and to add my tuppence worth as to what would improve the alien aspect of the original's and future games gameplay... adding animated emotions to the aliens would help. The Koreans were interesting to fight because they interacted with you, which communicated there AI to you. This was evident in their character animations, whether that be stalking you through the forest, chillin out having a smoke before you ambushed them, or the grimmace on their face and the physical reaction of their torsos when shot at. This added to the immersion, sense of achievement and satisfaction of taking out a camp of enemies. The aliens on the other hand were too static visually. They moved around with no real visible sense of purpose, you shot at them for a(n extended) while, they moved around some more then they blew up, next alien, repeat. I think I could live with the extra time it taook to take one out if the exercise conjured a sense of satisfaction.

8. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

I doubt the aliens could smoke.

Or have an oppressive overlord - perhaps we might have a chance to storm NK in the third game? That'd be awesome.

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Never noticed this or agree with what you said, maybe Crysis is just too hardcore for your Pc? ;)

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I don't think there has been a single game I've ever played where I haven't thought that. Except maybe for Portal. But then I think "if only it had cake."

11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Food for crytek thought... What could aliens do when they're stan... I mean floating around on sentry duty???

12. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

The aliens where a nice change IMO but I don't feel they where used right. The last stand at the mine is my biggest hate in warhead but you couldn't of done that part with the Koreans. Up until then you could use predator style tactics but that didn't work with the aliens, in fact, they became the predators!! By creating a tough enemy you had to change your tactics and also created tension. I just wish their AI was better to take account of the fact they where predators, rather than having them randomly floating about or running away to charge straight down the barrel of your gun. That worked with 2 or 3 at a time but one on one they just seemed like retards.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Nikols, sorry if it felt i was ranting at you, i sort of used your opinion to highlight the flaws in todays gamers and for that im sorry, but you can see where im going with it.

I for one did actually like it when the aliens showed up, the finale on the aircraft carrier was one of hte best and most atmospheric boss fights I've ever had.

14. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Except incredibly buggy at the near end - I had to reload the level thrice to get past the scene where the superior gets killed.

15. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

No offence was taken Gunsmith, I just though you misinterpreted my post. The cut scenes, set pieces and boss battles were epic for sure, it was the running into the clusters of three or four midget aliens that I was referring to. I get fed up of the "is crysis good or not" threads, it's obviously good otherwise there wouldn't be 5 pages of forum posts every time it's mentioned

16. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Bit-tech should have demanded to see the PC version (only because 96% of your readers are PC gamers)

Anyway looks like Crysis 2 won't live up to the best graphics on a console hype and the game is still boring.
    With very little talk about Crysis 2 PC it seems Crytek is just gonna give PC gamers some ported crap and cash in on Xbox360 sales.

Tactically switching between Speed, armor, cloak, and strength quickly during combat is what made the game fun and now they remove it. Bad Move.

17. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

disagree, i dont want another trash arcade shooter.

18. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

First gameplay demo on gametrailers.com: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/94?ch=1&sd=1 (running on 360 of course).
    It looks incredible, especially considering it runs on current consoles.
    Here are some GIF's taken from the GT.com demo to analyse the graphics/gameplay: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30714&p=3 (scroll down a bit)

My only concern so far from what I've seen is that the aliens don't seem as sinister and agile as they were portrayed to be in the trailer.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

pacing looks the same as the original tbh however id have been more impressed if they had someone with some skill playing it, i like the idea of modding the suit in the same way as the weapons but id need to get my hands on it to see if mashing speed/strengh into each other was a good thing

20. birdmaniw

birdmaniw What's a Dremel?

What a shame. The tropical Island was what made Crysis different from other games. It was nice to see lush vegetation rather than boring blocks and tunnels. It was also fun chopping down palm trees with a machine gun on a landrover or shooting distant birds with a fixed gun, even if it didn't have anything to do with game play. I hope their efforts to make this game console friendly wont destroy the PC version which I know to be the best platform for games.

Tags: Add Tags