1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve: Portal 2 delayed until 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jun 2010.

1. robyholmes

robyholmes I'm under your desk...

Please do remember that EP1, 2 and 3 ARE HL3, they should have called them HL3 EP1 but didn't.

2. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I've never found Portal fun but I also never gotten past the opening levels. Does it get better? Sorta like Mass Effect which I kept quiting once I made it to the space port but finally forced myself to play past it and then became fun to me.

3. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

Totally gutted that it's not HL3 or HL Episode 3 or whatever they want to bloody call it.

They should have released something by now. Even just a few screenshots of artwork or a teaser trailer would keep my hope alive that it's actually getting made. I know Valve are known for making sure their games are polished to perfection but it seems that they are leaving their core base of gamers out in the cold. After all they wouldn't be where they are today without the people who loved hl1/counter strike etc.

As the months/years go on I'm finding hard to actually get excited about another hl game as it's been far too long between releases. The freeman just doesn't have the same appeal anymore, which makes me sad :-(

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Internet is alive with buzz about a new source game engine being the big surprise and possibly Half-life 3 (a full sequal rather than next ep) being powered by it.

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

If Portal 2 multiplayer is as fun as (it will be, I don't doubt for a second) the multiplayer portal 1 beta back in 2007, it's going to be awesome. The recurrent blue screens were not that great though

6. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

We all know its really L4D3 :p

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

that would suck... 150$ over 3 years to buy the same game

8. mighty_pirate

mighty_pirate What's a Dremel?

*cough* WorldOfWarcraft *coughcough*

9. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Being packaged with Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is still Portal 2 related, isnt it?

10. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

Well, didn't see that one coming…

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I will hunt down and kill everyone who thinks L4D is a good game if that happens :miffed: . Unfortunately, that's quite a few.

12. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I hope it is a new engine, the Source engine is ANCIENT and even worse, DX9 (hisses like a snake).

We need a new engine that will bring us into the Light of Dx11 Glory, forever saying to the XP users, "This far and no further!!!! We will progress into a new age of graphics glory, with or without you!!! Every gamer dies, but not every gamer ever plays!!"

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Valve + Delays = No Surprise

by default the company should just add two years to whatever release date they think of just to be covered but hey even with the delays they have yet to disappoint so Im okay with it

side note: if you see two similar post from me, well the first I submitted I didnt see it come up at all so Im not sure what happened there.

14. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Hell, valve even tell you what there time frames really mean on their wiki :p

15. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Sons of Steamland! I am Star*Dagger and I see whole army of my country here in defiance of DRM...

Oh please let it be a Dx11 Source 2 engine!

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Correct, I need an excuse to buy a new DX11 based system :D

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I sincerely doubt the new engine (if there is one) will be DX11 based given the work that they've just done porting away from dx9 to get games to play on the Mac.

18. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Not a problem, it means that my Christmas game is Crysis 2 (subject to non-slippage) and there won't be any other distractions, plus I have to get past level 14 of the first game again...