1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Wow:eeek: what a day you had!!!

Device Manager will show you 2 hd5900 series.

Use GPUZ. at the bottom click on ATi Radeon HD 5900 Series. If it shows 2 "ATi Radeon HD 5900 Series"then you have both GPU's working if not then you have only flashed the Master GPU and not the slave.

Did you use the BIOS I left to flash in windows? If so you should be able to flash properly from DOS.

When you flash in Dos check the PN no. and the new Bios version which should be XXX TEST XXX. If you do not see this after you have flashed, then the flash did not work.

Simon.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 May 2010
  2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have change the Vender on the Bios from Sapphire to Gigabyte using ATI RBE. So try using this with your Gigabyte card.

Clocks adjusted from 735mhz to 725mhz Core/1010mhz to 1000mhz Memory.
    Adjust Low Power state from 157mhz to 400mhz/300mhz to 1000mhz Memory.

Master Bios

HD5970GigabyteMaster.AC1

Slave Bios

HD5970GigabyteSlave.ACL

Sorry for the Crap upload site.

Download Link is at the bottom of each page.

To flash these files in Dos you need to type the following commands

atiflash -p 0 HD5970GigabyteMaster.AC1 -f

After that has completed you need to flash the Slave Gpu

atiflash -p 1 HD5970GigabyteSlave.ACL -f

Don't forget to add these files plus the files from Zip 40 to the USB flash Stick.

Simon.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have change the Vender on the Bios from Sapphire to PowerColor using ATI RBE. So try using this with your PowerColor card.

Clocks adjusted from 735mhz to 725mhz Core/1010mhz to 1000mhz Memory.
    Adjust Low Power state from 157mhz to 400mhz/300mhz to 1000mhz Memory.

Master Bios

HD5970PowerColorMaster.AC1

Slave Bios

HD5970PowerColorSlave.ACL

Sorry for the Crap upload site.

Download Link is at the bottom of each page.

To flash these files in Dos you need to type the following commands

atiflash -p 0 HD5970PowerColorMaster.AC1 -f

After that has completed you need to flash the Slave Gpu

atiflash -p 1 HD5970PowerColorSlave.ACL -f

Don't forget to add these files plus the files from Zip 40 to the USB flash Stick.

Simon.

4. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Thanks I got it to work. You were right, I didn't flash the slave BIOS so it didn't show the second display driver but crossfire was somehow on.

I flashed again in DOS mode and it worked fine. Now my card is back in action.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Good job:thumb:

6. VicVip3r

VicVip3r What's a Dremel?

Hello, can I use the sapphire bios update with a standard ati hd 5970 from ATI(1002)?
    I have a crash on win 7 64 log on but with the drivers deactivated I can log in and the monitor flickers every time even on the bios.

7. VicVip3r

Hello, will the bios update work with a ati hd 5970 standard(ATI 1002) I have a random cold boot problem and if I have the ati drivers it crashes on the windows log on screen.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2010
  8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hi, you can give it a go. But if you are getting problems during post, then I think its your card that is at fault.
    I would try the bios first to see if that cures it first.

Cheers,

Simon.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

a £600 card that requires bios fixes to run does make you wonder what play testing went into this

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

This was a problem for all 5000series cards brought before Christmas with the first vbios installed.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

i own 2 5870s (vapor x editions dout it would make a dif) brought before chrimbo and have no such issues both run over 30c at all times though so maybe you have hit hte min core on water cooling perhaps

12. Rofl_Waffle

Its a problem with idles clocks screwing up with the drivers. It doesn't crash in bios screen or when drivers weren't loaded. Since crossfire doesn't have the same power saving function as a single 5970, you wouldn't see the drive crashes.

Of course this is all in the past. The new drives + the bios flash is working just fine. Couldn't be happier with great performance and great overclockability.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Same here, couldn't be happier now.
    Just a shame they didn't spend more time researching for faults.
    Hopefully they won't have the same problem with the 6000series when it comes available.

14. VicVip3r

Looks like my 5970 is broken or something the atiflash couldn't find it =S

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

If you give me the exact manufacture, I could edit the Sapphire vbios and change the manufacture name to the right one. This should work.

Cheers,

Simon.

16. Rofl_Waffle

Editing the BIOS vendor doesn't really work. The BIOS has the vendor info and you are changing that. The best thing does is make it say a different vendor in CPUz and nothing else.

However the BIOS version number and BIOS part number also has vendor/card ID, which you cannot change. You would still get a warning message for flashing to a BIOS for a different card unless do you a force flash. No gaurantees it would work perfectly.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2010
  17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

When you type -F in the command, that is forcing the flash.

18. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

DUAL screen flicker problem 5970..Please help new to editing video card settings,, :(

If anyone can actually help me learn how to fix this it be nice.. anyhow i just got my 5970 sapphire card and i installed it with the latest 10.6 catalyst drivers.. it works fine with one monitor but when i hook a 2nd monitor to it and leave any application i.e ccc or even my temp sensors from asus to even youtube videos when i go to to play my games i get the dreaded flicker and it crashes my games.. however when i use the 10.5 drivers this isnt a issue.. and my problems go away.. i want to know if i should rma my card or if i can fix this.. people say if i adjust the core clock voltages in 2d or w,e i can fix my flicker problem when i use the 10.6 catalyst drivers.. I need to learn how to change my voltages and what not in my video card step by step it seems to fix my flicker problem when using 10.6 cata drivers.... SOME one teach me how to do this iv never done it and dont want to loose 700 dollars.. .

19. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

can anyone help me step by step how to get rid of my ficker issues with my damn 5970 sapphire card..

20. _REAPER_

_REAPER_ The only easy day was yesterday

true_gamer thanks for the bios update man I really appreiciate you posting that update. My 5970 was giving me all sorts angry moments. DMN EK waterblock lol and my 26C idle temps I have not ever been so mad in my life. Thanks again