1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Jesse,

This is an amazing piece of art!! I'm so jealous of your mad mod skillz... lol... I wonder how heavy is your mod right now lol.

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Thanks for reading everyone - and a special thanks and welcome to the forum to Gaming_Freak_10.

Still just finishing the filing, I had a whole mess of house guests come and take over my tiny 2bdrm condo this past couple weeks - therein lies the reason behind my lack of updates.

Admittedly I've been spending a lot of time planning my next mod, project Helios - but this is not to become a new focus. Don't fear, Helios is not about to take priority over the completion of this project, I just had a few deadlines to meet.

Guests are now all gone, and I plan on spending tomorrow rise->bed working on this project.

Tune in soon - thanks for reading - and don't forget to BECOME A FAN OF JLI ON FACEBOOK

*j

llamafur likes this.
  3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

You've done an amazing job with this project so far, but don't tell me to register on Facebook.

/!\ I MIGHT BE PARANOID /!\

Did you know, that FB scans your Outlook-Adressbook upon registration and copies all information stored in it? Or that there's no way to hide any information on Facebook once you add someone to your friendlist, allthough you made the settings accordingly, that stuff shouldn't be visible to guests etc, etc, etc... ?

/!\ I MIGHT BE PARANOID /!\

On another note, your Helios-project looks interesting ;)

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

One of the lines of work I find myself dealing with the most lately is pushing the limits of social media - and generating the algorithms behind the aggregation of content. My clients are demanding more and more personalized experiences for their users... and at this point in time that personalization is created by using tools like the Facebook graph.

As a 'bleeding edge' developer I'm well aware of the Facebook issues, and let me say that they are pretty tame by the measure of less reputable sites online. (where reputable is mearly a measure of popularity and not ethics because it is the popularity which yields news)
    I've made systems which probe browser history, flash cache, and all kinds of other so-called 'private data'. Facebook is by a large margin the lesser of the evils of the internet... it just gets the most publicity.

There are few people on this planet who take their security as seriously as I do - and I say this: Facebook is a puppydog - no-use sweating it out - I'd argue (and I do) that you're better off just embracing it. If you really think about it - the better the info you feed the machine the better the results will be. And by 'results' I'm referring to the next leg in the internet - we all dream and talk of a smart web who cateres itself to our individual interests... however many of us counteract this by hoarding our data.

Facebook is as it is, do with it as you wish.

I will end with this: If you want exclusive news and JLI SWAG Facebook is the gateway.

*j

======
    Before this goes off into a facebook discussion - what I've stated is just my $0.02... agree or disagree please keep it to yourself. ;)

5. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

Did you ALSO know that the Department of Work and Pension in the UK will look at your facebook profile and monitor your activities if they suspect you of benefit fraud?

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

what a con, you got us all happy with potential updates and stood us up! lol!

Sorry to all the guys who think this was an update! lol!

7. Monsta

Monsta Dremel Blades in ma head!

Awsome project, i've been following this build... :jawdrop:

Love the contrast of the black & cf with the copper :thumb:

Only one thing I would mention as i'm sure someone else may have said already is that you might want to look at some different tubing or maybe changing some of your fittings as some of the loops look too tight and the pipes are flattening out on the bends. This will reduce flow and effectiveness of your cooling and can increase the risk of pump failure. ;)

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Just watched the video. I think it needs a single-frame flash of the case at the very end instead of the "coming soon."
    -I have a cruel sense of humor...
    Also, I noticed you have a big*ss hookah in you living room. Can we blame that for the lack of updates?:naughty:

9. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@monsta - i havent spent all this time just to rock kiny loops my man - i just thre hose in there for effect. In the end all the tubes will be sleeved and will be sporting anti-kink springs.

@Cheaps - Lol, afraid not mate. That particular device is used solely for Sheeha - flavored tobacco.

I guess I'm due for something here, aren't I?
    ======
    ON 'PROMETHEUSCU':
    It's all just more of the same until I'll get all this copper looking perfect.
    As a point of reference: it takes ~2-3days of morning-night filing to finish each piece (and I still haven't started buffing and polishing).

======
    ON OTHER PROJECTS IN LIFE:
    I've been working on a couple other projects at the moment...
    most of my work is all digital, but sometimes I get to get dirty. Currently I'm volumteering my time and skills to build an interactive museum exhibit for school-children.

A project funded by Environment Canada (although I decided to use the entire meager budget on materials and fabrication instead of taking home a paycheck) - the table will be reproduced and set-up across Canada in various museums to communicate point-source and non-point source pollution.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's how it stands (the surface is being CNC machined ATM from ABS plastic sheets):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still need to wire up all the lights, the water-pumps and all the fun interactive arduino stuff.
    I know it's not exactly topical, but it's for the children so I feel it to be appropriate for posting.

======
    ON 'HELIOS' (MY NEXT MOD):
    On another note. The fabrication for my next-mod (a super rapid production) called Helios will be going down next week. July 5th-15th
    Here's the planning thread

======
    ON 'JLI1' (MY NEXT COMPUTER BUILD):
    On another, another note: I'm also building an EVGA SR-2 system featuring 24GB of ram, 7xwatercooled GTX480 GPUs, and 2xXeon x5680s under phase-change. This will just be an assembly project and won't be featuring any 'real modding'.
    Here's the planning thread

======
    ON LIFE:
    This week as also seen the debut of my company - I'm very happy to say that JLI (Jesse Lang Innovation) is now incorporated, has offices open for business, and comes to the table armed with some new heavy financial investors. :D

Doing consultation and development for large-scale social algorithms, system frameworks, information architecture and other cool sh*t for improving online/offline/and mobile experiences.
    Were in the process of SEC filing, so look out for us soon in a stock market near you. ;)

I'm also very excited to say that the office is located at the plush Park Place building at 666 Burrard here in downtown Vancouver's financial district.
    [​IMG]

======
    ON CONCLUSIONS
    Therein lies the reason for my lack-of updates... everything is planned to take me closer and closer to what I love to do most - modding. In the next year I hope to be spending the vast majority of my time grinding and filing my way to modding bliss.

Despite the seeming lack of updates progress continues steadily these days - my new career path grants me a lot more freedom than I've known in the past (I've finally learned how to hire others to do my work for me, lol). Expect great things.

I'm well on my way to participating in this whole modding game on a whole new level - and I'm excited to say that it's coming together faster and better than I ever could have planned.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this mess.
    Take Care, and see you all shortly.

*j

Last edited: 29 Jun 2010
  10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

just blew my mind :jawdrop:

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

WOW, congrats on your business dude. I really do like that table as well, looks great :D.

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

So you're taking over the world huh? Can I be on your side? :D

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

+1

Congratulations, dude! :thumb:

14. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

If that thing were a bit lower, it'd make a killer coffee table :p

15. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

im 3rd in line!!!!!!! :D

16. perplekks45

Making a sandwich there, are you?

17. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Haha, who dropped the ball and told everyone about my domination plans?

Thanks a lot for the support everyone - I'm elated with joy these days. All seems to be right and well in the world again.

[edit]uhh... Sandwich? I missed something I think.[/edit]

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

on another note, when you get back into modding I guess there could be a future in production run of cases. Any possibilities of shipped or retailing in the UK?

19. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Back into? I'm still modding nigh every day - working on Prometheus and Helios (moreso Prometheus admittedly) at the moment.
    It's waaay to early for questions like that - I'm not decided on whether or not to proceed full force with manufacturing, let alone where to retail. However I can say that IF I get into this game I'll certainly ship worldwide (part of the design I have for a production case packs like IKEA furniture to save on shipping costs).

20. perplekks45

You, talla & disturbed...

Never mind, spent too much time trolling Cheaps' threads. Innuendo and weird comments all the way. ;)