1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
The boy 4rm oz
Last Activity:
12 Jan 2016
Birthday:
7 Apr 1991 (Age: 27)
Home Page:
Currently doing a Bachelor of Business and Technol

Share This Page

The boy 4rm oz

Project: Elegant-Li, 27, from Balhannah, South Australia

The boy 4rm oz was last seen:
12 Jan 2016
    1. The boy 4rm oz
      The boy 4rm oz
      Thanks mate :D
    2. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Good to see you back amigo!
    3. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Hmm... Let's see if I can arrange something in India. Tech tends to be a pain there, because you're rarely dealing with the manufacturers - it's usually a 'distributor' which is a sort of legalized smuggler. They hold the import/distribution rights for the products but often leave us in the cold for stuff like warranty.
      I guess I could email a manufacturer internationally and see what they can rustle up in India.
    4. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      That's a neat drive :D

How do you get sponsors? I've heard the term, and they seem to be generous (when available) but I've always wondered how to get them, and what's in it for them anyway? Don't the users/modders get to keep the hardware?
    5. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      I'm going to be building in the Fall (at the very earliest) so I haven't begun calculating sizes and costs just yet. Need to get a job too! :(

I'm not sure on the PCIe-to-PCI risers. Seems unlikely.
    6. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Yep, that is definitely a sweet card.
      I'm pretty much sold on the Xonar D2X or the Essence STX so PCIe riser (and lots of praying) is pretty much my only option. :p
      Anyway, I'm not sure a low-profile card would fit inside a game console anyway, so I might as well roll with a full-size card.
    7. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Dear lord, we DO think alike!
      I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing! (for WiFi) :lol:

Also, I was toying with the idea of one of those flexible PCIe risers (like so) for a sound card that could perhaps be held in place parallel to the board's surface.
    8. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Wow. That *is* a bit steep :p
      I wanted an Atom solution for mini-ITX over a full-featured 775 board because I want to try something like modding a PC into a game console (NES/X360/old XBox/anything). The CPU HSF on an LGA775 board would have killed the plan.
    9. stonedsurd
      stonedsurd
      Yep. :D
      I'm thinking, if they don't come up with Wifi (and powered USB) by the Fall, I'll pull the trigger on the POV board. Although I'm hoping Zotac works some magic a la the 9300 WiFi board.
  • About

Birthday:
    7 Apr 1991 (Age: 27)
    Home Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/jasonbottin
    Currently doing a Bachelor of Business and Technol
    Mods:
    Project: LEXA, Project: Alpha, Project Elegant-Li
    Shooting, girls, video games, driving and modding.

Signature

Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08