Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Lack of work, two recent "repair"tech monitor RMAs, county court case against someone who owes me money.... life is full of fun atm! :rolleyes:

2. koola

koola Minimodder

Being so far from the girl I love...

mvagusta likes this.
  3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i'll be joining you soon

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

Ok I am now down to two lines, one of them disappeared when i picked up the monitor and shook it furiously like a baby.

After taking it apart 2 more times I think the 2 other lines are here for good. Guess I will just have to get used to them. The odd thing is, on the black background when the monitor has no dvi cable, the lines are clearly shown, but on the black background of bit tech they are completely invisible, I can only see them on the task bar and firefox bars. I know its just a cable issue as they change colour depending on the colour they are supposed to show, but I have a feeling its the ribbon cables that are fixed into place, so they are possibly dead forever unless I can get a new panel.

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

People at work. To be specific, people phoning in sick. Especially phoning in to say they're ill when they're meant to be in at 6.30am. And phoning in at 10pm.

Great, how am I meant to find someone to cover your shift at this time at night? There's no-one, looks like it's me. Getting up at 5.30. After finishing work at 00:00...

Sometimes I hate my life.

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

gonna be quite bored this week not having to go to work. oh well. i shall survive.

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Got stung by a wasp for the first time in my life! And yes, it did hurt, though not as bad as I've thought it would. Still, the pain lasted pretty much for the better part of 15 hours, while the numbness still hasn't subsided. Nasty little buggers! Now I just wish I'd thought to take a photo of my leg with the stinger still in place pumping venom into my flesh!

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ive been fortunate enough to never have that happen to me. i just smack them out of the air when they are near me and they leave me alone. :D

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, that's the tactic I've been using quite successfully for many years as well, though yesterday that very same tactic backfired fatally. Smacking the little bugger away from me only served to aggravate it further, and when I thought it had left me I felt something tickling my leg which I reached down to brush away. That's when the bugger stung me. I'm actually quite impressed by how quickly the pain and swelling set in. It feels somewhat like getting a shot; you know, the pain you get at the instant the needle penetrates the skin. Only with a wasp sting the pain increases steadily and rapidly (swearing at this point seemed appropriate), and eventually evolves into a swollen lump about three cm in diameter around the sting, and a red area about three to four times larger still surrounding the lump. As I stated the pain will last at least 12 hours, and will progress into a weird kind of numbness. I can still feel it, and now I'm pushing 22 hours since the sting. The wasp, while capable of surviving stinging something (unlike bees) met an abrupt and grisly end in the shape of the latest issue of Scientific American - the one with the article about the universe leaking energy.

Oh well, I am an experience richer.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2010
  10. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I'd rather get stung than bit though... My mom got bit on the leg by a hornet or a yellow jacket a while back and it got pretty nasty.

Also, I've never been stung :rock:

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Agreed.
    While I have not been bit either, it seems a lot more unpleasant than getting stung. Though, I'd rather avoid both from here on.

12. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i miss the demote thread :(

Mr A likes this.
  13. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

14. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

My girlfriend's been in Spain for the past two weeks, and I won't see her for another week.

15. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

+1

16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Not being able to complete anything i set out to do properly. I have way to many half-assed projects going on, and the lack of time/money/motivation makes sure that they will probably never get done either.

17. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

She seem to have never given a flying ****. She wouldn't mind if we never spoke again. She's made no attempts to communicate with me or initiate any plans or anything, plus I doubt she ever will. To be honest, she hasn't in several months. This died a while ago, basically, but I've been holding on like an idiot. She doesn't care, nobody cares, so I'm a fool. I have nobody. She was all I had. I have no close friends, no family around, and nothing to do. I cannot stand this. I have nowhere to go. Worst of all, I'm annoying. Annoying to all of you guys, annoying to my other friends, annoying to the world. I want to quit Bit-Tech and quit just about everything that I'm a part of. I have no interest in anything that I once liked. This is the best summer ever.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2010
  18. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The Demote thread. A few people ruin it for the many.

Zoon likes this.
  19. Ginger_Ace

Ginger_Ace What's a Dremel?

Losing my wired internet connection so i cant play BC2!

20. Psycho

Psycho Average

Welcome to Hell. I will be your guide.
    (I understand and feel your pain, bro.)