1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Illogical Control-Freak Moderators

Discussion in 'General' started by tyrandan, 30 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

I have for you, my fellow friends, a hypothetical situation:

There exists on the inter-tubes a forum. On this forum is a thread. You following me?

The thread is devoted to spreading joy and freedom of speech amongst the masses. It is a beautiful masterwork of funny pictures and over 9000 posts.

Noobs eventually encroach and attack horrifically with their shock pics and reposts. Eventually the leaders of the forum turn a concerned eye to the happenings of the thread and close it.

So the thread is missed by those who love it so dearly that a petition is written up, in another thread. It just so happens that nostalgia arises and a certain member decides to post some funny pictures, per request of another member (We will call him... tyrandan). The mods suddenly begin raging and travailing with fervent anger!! The banhammer comes down and the member who posted the funny pictures is.... BANNED! No, not the member who requested the pictures be posted, but the one who posted them. In a completely different thread than the one originally created. The pictures are awesome and epic and bring joy to many hearts but alas..... The moderator has PMS!! And so, in senseless violence, the petition thread is closed due to the following reason:

" but because you guys always want to push the boundaries."

Boundaries? What boundaries? So it is against the rules here on Bit-Tech to post or discuss funny pictures at all???? You mods are NOT clear on your decisions, hardly ANYONE who was in the thread knows why it was closed (I don't even really know, besides bindi's inbox got full....(???)), And you never even so much as TOLD us that we are not allowed to do another demote thread. Talladega's banning is cruel, unusual and without rightful cause or warning. He did absolutely nothing wrong (He didn't even post any DEMOTIVATIONAL POSTERS or anythign that was even remotely offensive or NSFW) and did not break ANY rules.

Also, if the demote thread serves no purpose or isn't in-topic anymore, then close the videos of awesome thread, because according to you guys it isn't either.

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Don't like the mods or the way the forums are run? The door's over there. Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. :blah:

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Hmmm, you need to understand this forum is maintained for our general happiness and the moderators do a good job of keeping it generally free of rubbish.

Secondly you appear to need a lesson in asking and doing. A man says to a man "hey, kill that guy!". The man then proceeds to murder. Is it the man who told himt o murder the man in the wrong? No, its the man who killed. Actions are not justified by requests in a world with free will - so your man who posted the pictures is only vindicated if the person asking him to post images was indeed a moderator (such as an executioner was never jailed for murder as he was asked to kill people).

Now - the way you go about getting threads back is not by continually annoying moderators, nono, you leave it for a while - let the situation cool down, then come back in a month and say "hey, I think we have all had time to reflect upon what happened and can now carry on with a renewed sense of right and wrong within the context".

As was said, nobody is forcing you to be here, and regulars don't appreciate this kind of message coming up in general discussion.

P.S. Not to be rude but it should be BLINDINGLY obvious to anybody that if a mod has just closed a de motivational thread, creating a new one is just plain lunacy!

4. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

Yep, it sure is. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Oh, by the way: You don't like my rant? Door's over there.....

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Kinda this.

I don't know why you would make yet another thread about the demot-thread, and if it's moderators you have problems with, surely just letting them know/politely ask for further info on why something was done.

Anyway I promise if I were a mod on this forum some bannage would have been delivered already much earlier.

EDIT: it used to, and is supposed to, be a whole-family forum with clever techies talking about stuff, recently the general has turned into bs whinage. :(

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

More like, doors are closing.

IF you don't like how we run the place, then there's plenty of other places to go.

We keep it tidy and try to balance freedom with a clean spirit, bar a few specific exceptions. If people can't handle that then they don't stay.

boiled_elephant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.