1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phobya water-cooled case design thread - Stage 1 - Complete - see Stage 2 thread

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Combatus, 1 Nov 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Nitrix, as the all-deciding vote goes to Phobya, could you please comment (or get them to comment) on what they will be looking at in a case? As it is, the possibilities are endless, but i'm a bit afraid that all my creative effort is going to be wasted when they pick a more conservative design in the end, or vice versa. And no, i'm not assuming to make the final 3, but a man can dream right? :D

Also, can we use any serious amounts of acrylic, the same way as the aluminum (lasered and bent)?

2. rakesh_sharma23

rakesh_sharma23 Minimodder

My design Update:-

[​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

The whole idea of making the design simple is that even a newbie can assemble his PC with less effort and get good result.

Thanking
    Rakesh Sharma

3. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I like that Rakesh! You solved the doble radiator problem pretty well :)
    Maybe you can think of a way to allow this setup with the slim radiators, but also one fat one with push-pull fans?

Why did you put the PSU in the front though? If you switch the PSU and Rads, it will be much easier to install the PSU and plug the powe in :)

4. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

At this point in time we are keeping the options to you open, it later rounds you will be able to refine the designs to make them production ready.

And yes acrylic is nps :D

5. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Lucky timing to see this. ATM mine is function over form but I'll fix that. It is a very simple case to build with few parts and very simple parts but very easy to work on.
    [​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

As you can see motherboard slide out and provides plenty of room to work on it. Psu slides into the holder like the lian li tool free holder and then screws to the rear panel. The radiators are mounted beside the psu holder and in front of it which leaves room for 3 x 240mm radiators. 5.25" bays are put in through the front and hdd in the rear and exhaust through the top in between them. I will make it look better soon it is just a preliminary concept but made for enthusiasts who want to easily build and maintain there pc. If you could give me your email I would like to do a proper cad design for it and send it to you.
    What does everyone think so far?
    Also incase your interested heres my old designs:
    [​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

6. aquatuning

Motas - some nice ideas there.

The e-mail addy is stated on the first post and will be looked after by combatus.

7. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I'm actually starting to build that first rendered design. Which one do you think I should continue?

8. aquatuning

choice is yours ;)

9. rakesh_sharma23

PSU and Rad can change places, but i think PSU in current place can help in good cable management. (Distance between mobo Power connecter and PSU will help PSU mobo cable to be streched fully > If PSU is placed on back than hiding extra lenght of PSU cables will be difficult to manage.)

10. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Helpful. Anyone got an opinion?

11. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi Motas. I'm actually loving the 3rd and 4th renders from your old designs. I think the see-through sections at the top are awesome! Looks a lot better than your average cube - but cubes do offer a great deal when it comes to fitting large radiators.

12. rakesh_sharma23

I personally like the last Cude Design.

13. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I think the third one was too hard to build which is why I redesigned it but I thought the fourth was too plain. Now looking back it actually does look nice. I might try and join the 4th and my entry together to get the handy layout and the nice look. I was hoping to email the atual company though I was wondering a few things most companies don't want to post on the Internet.
    Thanks. No more updates tonight I got kicked off the computer. If only they had sketchup for iPhone.

14. aquatuning

you cam PM if you have private questions and i will pass it on.

15. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Sorry for double post bit too lazy to edit. Dunno why I posted it but the last one was the worst internal design ever. You can kinda see how my design evolved there lol. The last is oldest and bad designs just finally turned into a angles box. Also you can't see it but the rendered ones are actually held up by spikes. Nothing wrong with those designs I just wanted something
    cooler. Thanks for your opinions.

16. aquatuning

Will there be a fan at the front of tha case to give cool ar to the psu?

17. rakesh_sharma23

Yes Sir, the front panel space will have power botton, etc on top and then a fan blowing cool air on to the PSU. Sorry not mentioned this in my design.
    Updated :
    [​IMG]

Even can change Fans orintations according to user's need. Like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Nov 2010
  18. Crono

Crono What's a Dremel?

Wonderful idea! Let's start designing a gorgeous case!

19. StygMa

StygMa What's a Dremel?

How many designs will go to stage 2 btw?

And what water cooling parts can we use for this build, all the parts that are on the Aquatuning website? (perhaps a little early now ;) )

20. aquatuning

We dont have a set number tbh we want to see how many entries we get and then take it from there :)

The cases are designed to me used with any watercooling products you can think of the Aquatuning site would be a good refrence point yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.