1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Some 'lovely' individual just did this...

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 2 Nov 2010.

1. zombo

zombo DOWN UNDER

god damn I absoloutley hate vandals like that! one of my old cars got keyed and its tires slashed for no reason at all apart from me parking in a dodgy area :( I feel your pain

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Oh well.. the recently announced plans to get scrounging, lazy chavs back to work, may instil some pride of ownership in them, because pretty soon, we may once more have a culture where the lowest classes in our society actually work to pay for things instead of subsisting on government hand outs... or just stealing other people's stuff.

Until then however... if you catch them doing stuff like this.... shallow grave... they won't be missed.

3. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Don't waste tome digging a grave. Hang the buggers from a tree and leave them to slowly rot

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Could be worse. I saw a picture recently of a case where someone threw a bucket of sh!t through the window of a car.

The consensus was the car was probably totaled.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Back in my days as a filling station attendant, I saw a (then) new VW Golf that had two litres of paint stripper thrown over it, which resulted in removing all the paint and leaving bare metal on pretty much every panel. The owner was gutted. Naturally.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

4 days later and some complete tit puts his foot into my sisters door panel!

Three neighbours heard multiple banging but could'nt see a thing (the council turn the damn steet lights off 9pm!) She is pretty angry she is 18 and has her test on monday its not even completely paid for yet

She always wanted a 206 and someone has come along and ruined it luckily my dad has fixed the most of it but its just ****ing irritating someone would do this no reason, she has no enemys or anything, im keeping an ear open next few nights

I hear ANYONE!!! touching my familys cars i will personally rap the ****ers around my axel!!

I wish my mum would let me install cctv it would have given me great pleasure handing a dvd of the perps to police just after i beat twenty bags of **** out of them!

/Anger over

7. togster

togster foolish

Hey. Hurts like hell when something precious to us gets trashed. It's happened to me many times, I'm sure the same's happened to most people. Such a bummer when things like this happen. In a way I'd like to be the most popular person on this thread, but unfortunately after saying what I'm about to say, I'm likely to be the most unpopular, sorry about that, but I feel compelled to say it. What's hurting you most my friend is anger. It's usually the thing that hurts most; robs us of our happiness, destroys our inner peace, takes away our self control, makes us irrational. In truth it's our worst enemy and one of the biggest problems in our world. Most of our prisons are full of angry young men (been there, wore the T-shirt). Leave it to the MP's mate. Let them do their job and hope that this person is brought to justice. One day, you may even feel sorry for that person. What a sad life he/she must lead, wouldn't you just hate to be that person? Talk of retaliation will get you nowhere. Retaliation itself could have grave consequences. I've been down that road and committed and done terrible things. In the end I was the one suffering as a result. What we tend to regard as an evil person in reality is often just an angry person. This is the extent to which anger can harm us. I'm not saying it's easy, but you have to try to "let go" of it. Do your best in a situation and then relax, knowing you've tried your best. Hope this helps.

Cthippo likes this.
  8. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

GDam someone unleashed the ****Tards.

Well im a firm believer in what goes around comes around. Hopefully these scum will get ball rot.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Wat.

/Nazi.

10. DeadP1xels

Oh balls

My spelling is pretty awful, infact as i write this im double checking i don't fail

I have always had difficulty with english from childhood :sigh:

11. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Wisdom right there, folks.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

+Rep and welcome to the forums.

12. DeadP1xels

I'll answer this in three parts too make it easier

baring in mind this was a deliberate malicious attack there where SEVERAL who heard multiple banging and there was multiple footprints left on the door this was one or multiple beings

1) The council do nothing about this thing we had multiple events of youths (i feel so old im 18 :p) causing deliberate trouble it came to our attention that the officers new the family and ignored it! they smashed windows caused trouble and tore wing mirrors off anyway this is besides the point

2) I shouldn't have to feel sorry for these people, i shouldn't have to settle for things like this happening it should'nt become an occurance that is the norm in society you should feel comfortable parking your car outside your house without worrying its state the next morning.

3) Letting go is hard as stated above if we all "let ago" it would become a norm kids would damage cars for fun! steal and vandilize property for the sake of a laugh its not right it shouldn't be "let go"

I will admit retalliation is not always the best answer heck part of me is over it im certainly not taping my knuckles for an all out street brawl with chavs but its just hard to except someone could do this, how i should accept them doing it, and how i can just let it go

Not a attack at you my friend just pointing out my thoughts on the matter :thumb:

13. togster

togster foolish

Hi. Actually, I agree with the points you make. Maybe I should have explained my thoughts a bit better or clearer. I don't mean to say that we should be obliged to feel sorry for these people. I used to live in a part of Liverpool where vandalism happened, well, all the time. My car and actually also my house would regularly get trashed, mostly by kids. It drove me insane, nearly to the point of nervous breakdown. The police did nothing. It was a nightmare. After a long campaign by residents, the council eventually fitted alley gates (alleys were the main escape route used by vandals). Overnight, the problem virtually disappeared. But I realised my hatred and anger towards these individuals was like poison and was actually the thing hurting me most. I realised I had to get rid of it. This is what I'm referring to when I say let go. I don't mean that we should accept this kind of s**t when it happens, we should do everything in our power to stop it. I think it's terrible that these things happen. So I'm not suggesting a kind of soft feeble attitude or response to it. What I am saying is that it is possible to respond and at the same time keep our cool. I'm not saying we should just give up and let people do whatever they want. We can try our utmost to stop these things while remaining calm. This is always the best way to solve problems. That way even if we fail we can still have some peace in our mind. I have the view that there must be something wrong in the minds of these people. How sad must someone be to want to do these things, what an incredible unfulfilled life they must live. I'd rather have my car smashed than be so terminally brain dead as this. This is why (and I'm not saying this is always the case) I can feel sorry for people like this and also thinking like this helps me to let go of my anger, but I do agree with you - it's not at all easy, takes a lot of effort, but is completely possible.

14. Pookeyhead

You're right. It's not their fault after all. It must be awful to be so insecure, unfulfilled and disenfranchised.

BAZINGA!

Sorry mate... but since when has leaving anything to MPs resulted in social issues being resolved? I don't give a rat's ass what it must be like to be them. Why should anyone feel sorry for someone who causes hundreds, or even thousands of pound's worth of damage to something they work their balls off to have? Do THEY feel sorry for scratching your car? Oh they may SAY sorry if they think they'll get off more lightly, but they'll be re-offending no time at all.

I've said it before... and I'm saying it again now. In Singapore, getting caught doing something like this would result in your being flogged. Cars hardly ever get vandalised in Singapore. Hmm... I wonder if there's a connection?

Too much left wing, let's all have a hug bullcrap in here for my liking.

15. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I agree entirely. People are better off in prison than some people who work bloody hard for a living. Prison should be scary, a deterrent. I have a strong work ethic and a good moral code because I was always taught do something naughty and you get punished. Not like today's you can't attack a burglar on your property mentality cos of there human rights. What a crock! Rant over

BioSniper likes this.
  16. togster

togster foolish

Hi. I'm not saying you're wrong. Neither am I suggesting for one minute that this attitude will solve society's issues. I only know from my own experience - given the choice between being annoyed angry and agitated and being calm and peaceful, I know which I'd choose. I've spent nearly forty years of my life afflicted with with an angry head on my shoulders; angry at the incredible injustice and unfairness that seems to be rife in our society. One day I realised that getting angry about doesn't actually change the situation - it actually just leads to health problems; stress causes heart disease amongst other countless health problems. I hope people don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying do nothing about life's ills, I'm just saying that anger helps nobody.

PS America still has the death penalty and also the highest murder rates in the world. When we had capital punishment in Britain, crime rates were not significantly different to today.

17. Pookeyhead

We're not talking about Murder though. Of course a death penalty won't stop people killing others, as most people who kill are driven to it by unspeakably harsh circumstances, and they aren't stopping to weigh up the pros and cons.

With anti-social crime like vandalism, graffiti, harassment... harsh punishment works.

"Should I scratch this car? There may be a camera on me somewhere, and if I get caught, I will get whipped until my back is bleeding.... Nah.. I'll give it a miss I think"

compared to what happens usually,

"Should I scratch this car? There may be a camera on me somewhere, and if I get caught, I will probably only get a telling off anyway, as they can't touch me... I know my fuc**ng rights. Yeah.. why the f**k not?"

Same with corporal punishment in schools: When we had it, we never used to have kids throwing furniture around, or punching teachers.. nor did we need security guards, and metal detectors. So people who think I'm being too hard core can posit as many counter-opinions as they like, but if the more liberal methods are working as well as they imagine they are, how come behaviour is getting worse?...and don't pretend it's not.. because it is. Anyone over 35 reading this? You may recall as I do, that there were no security guards in schools, and kids didn't carry knives, and you knew how far you could push your luck before you were caned.. and that fear of being caned WORKED. Teachers could still physically punish you, and not get prosecuted for it. End result? You behaved, and you ended up gaining respect for your teachers (if they were good, and interesting). I can think of nothing more horrific than teaching in the compulsory sector these days. Why anyone wants to do it is beyond me.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I agree with this but unfortunately we live in such a large society now that one size doesn't fit everyone so we have to be careful about how we deal punishment out.

19. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I am 26 we never had security guards at school. And fear is the best deterrent. This can be proven by using my toddler as an example, a 2 year old. if she is being naughty I ask if she wants a smacked bum, she says no smacked bum and then behaves, if the threat of prison really was a threat, and I mean a total loss of all rights, 2 meals a day 10 hour shifts making something useful to society, or manual labour. Then locked in single cells for 13 hours. People would not want to go there. Prisons get less crowded. Public spending is reduced and the country becomes a safer place to be!

20. togster

togster foolish

Hey. Good lively debate - how fantastic! Originally I commented on this thread because I sensed so much anger and wanted to comment on that. I was trying to make the point that anger harms our self the most. It seems now that we are debating crime and punishment. In a way I don't want to debate this, 'cos I think this argument can go round and round in circles. Politicians and sociologists have been debating this for years and don't seem to have found any satisfactory solutions. So I think I'll make this my last post on the subject. I accept what you are saying, I think you make some good points but I don't entirely agree with you. I went to school in a rough part of Liverpool. Our school had the dubious title of "The most vandalized school in Britain". I grew up in a violent environment. I still remember walking home from school and seeing somebody with his eye hanging out because he'd been beaten with bricks. Personally, I was subjected to violence regularly - nothing unusual were I grew up. I got canned four times when I was at school, but to be honest, I found it quite amusing. To watch my headmaster, trying his utmost to hurt me and inflict pain upon me. Compared to the violence I grew up with?. Seriously man, I had to physically stop myself from laughing. This is the problem. Many of these kids today live and experience horrendous conditions. The threat of a beating will not deter them even remotely. You'd have to better or increase the violence they already experience; basically you'd have to torture them. In other words, if somebody's life is crap then the threat of making it more crap isn't really a deterrent. Do you see what I'm saying? Some people just don't care anymore. I was quite a nasty piece of work when I was young, actually for a large portion of my adult life. I was involved with organized crime and in general I was quite a nasty character. This despite an incredibly strict upbringing. My dad was a policeman, if I ever did anything wrong I was literally beaten senseless. Did it stop me becoming a criminal? No chance. Later in life I was fortunate enough to meet a Buddhist nun. She treated me with respect and showed me great kindness. This had an infinitely more powerful effect on me than all the beatings and punishments I'd ever known. As a result, in time I became a decent law abiding citizen. I now spend a lot of time working with criminals, drug addicts all kinds of people of different ages, trying to get them away from a degenerate lifestyle and to be decent members of society. Anyway, to be honest, this is all irrelevant. In reality - it's not possible to make the world a nice safe place. Life is going to throw an unending stream of crap right at you. In other words, it's not the crap that's thrown at you, it's how you deal with it that matters. You'll never change this fact. You can't change the world, collectively or as a whole, you can't change people. The only thing you can change is yourself. This was my original point about anger. It's pointless getting angry with the s**t in the world, 'cos that's life. It's not what happens in the world, it's how you deal with. If you react negatively - with anger for instance, problems increase. React positively and your happiness will increase, actually you'll find you can cope with anything life throws at you and remain peaceful. Isn't that what we are all looking for?