1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Game Music

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nemo, 12 Dec 2010.

1. nemo

nemo Foregone Destruction

Hey ! Post a you-tube clip of your favourite game music. Music should be composed specifically for the game (so November Rain from Burnout Paradise is out).

Bonus points for giving a situation where you listen to it in real life.

For me, there is a bunch of driving related music I listen to, but my first love is the classic GTA3 theme

2. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Seeing as though I'm too much of a 'tard (lol @ Frankie Boyle) to embed the code here's the bloody URL.

I love all the music in this game.

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Dec 2010
  3. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Mirrors edge theme....

And I have it on cd and used to listen to it on my stereo !!

So what do I win ???

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

far FAR too many to list here but i'll start with this.

5. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

6. nemo

nemo Foregone Destruction

The love and respect of your fellow forumites :p

Good post, though it's hard to think of the perfect real-life place to listen to this. A roof-top office party in a big city perhaps ?

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

When I think pirates, I think:

Pretty much all the music from the Witcher is just brilliant, but I think:

wins in the end

8. Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome I go to 11

I tend to listen to this when I'm bored, or theres some part of a game which warrants this kind of backing awesomeness.

9. Paddy

Paddy What's a Dremel?

What about inspired by?

Vader - Sword of the Witcher:

Overall favourite has to be Quake 3 soundtrack by Front Line Assembly and Sonic Mayhem, but hey I'm a massive FLA/Leeb fan!

10. October

October Mariachi Style

I'll see your Still Alive and raise you a Shine, one of the most played tracks in my iTunes library :thumb:

Edit: this is another one of my all time favourite game tracks, I love how there were snatches throughout the game...and it fit the credits perfectly.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Just love this, I don't listen to it anywhere special though. It is on my instrumentals playlist as I find I read quicker when listening to music, but obviously not anything with lyrics.

Also, hello... why isn't this here yet? :eyebrow:

That's always on my iPod when I go out, also on my playlist of songs to practice singing for Rock Band domination :rock:

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

...Yes I've been playing MGS1-4 these past couple of days. :p

Also:

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Last edited: 12 Dec 2010
  14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Some of the usual suspects.

*The entire soundtrack for The Darkness*

*The whole Killing Floor soundtrack*

Ah, the memories

15. Mister V

Mister V Argh...

I don't have an enormous archive of game music, but there are a couple of old favourites.

First of all, a page on game music without this? Really? This theme means gaming to me.
    (a slightly better version here, but it doesn't have the epic intro)

I'm not from the older generation of gamers, but I still think this one's killer, excuse the lame pun.

Something more recent:

Sure, the whole soundtrack is awesome, but as far as memorable goes, the theme takes first place.

And of course:

Reason I'm not posting anything from the first KOTOR is because II is too often disregarded. I love both (and the sith/republic themes from the original also rock).

smc8788 likes this.
  16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I pretty much listen to the EVE Online soundtrack religiously at work, it's the only thing that keeps me relaxed and from going insane between phone calls from impatient people who don't know what they want. This is one of my usual tracks to start things off...

Then there's the Cammy Stage theme from Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, I tend to listen to this when dropping in a bit of inline freestyle slalom practice. It's great for getting you relaxed and into a nice flow.

17. October

October Mariachi Style

I prefer the Max Payne 2 version of the theme, that got played a LOT on my old Jukebox II.

Also, I'm still only about 20 minutes into Mass Effect myself but a few of the guys in work are game nuts so we regularly have this or the Halo 3 OSTs playing in screens, most awesome song.

smc8788 likes this.
  18. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Game soundtracks make up a huge part of my own music collection and listening habits, but I find it hard to choose single tracks as I like to listen to whole soundtracks as a whole in relation to the games they describe.
    This post is going to be long enough without whole soundtracks though, so here's some favourites! :D

Older games had some really incredible electronic music and I love almost anything from the MOD tracker era of game music from the likes of Alexander Brandon and Andrew Sega. Unreal, Deus Ex, Jazz Jackrabbit, Crusader etc.

---

There's definitely nostalgia involved in this, but I absolutely love the Quake soundtrack by NIN/Trent Reznor.

That track just makes me think of gibbing 3 zombies at once with a grenade launcher.. I wonder why. :eek:

---

This is an absolutely incredible track by Kurt Harland/InSoc that was used as the main theme for Soul Reaver and Raziel's theme in SR2/Defiance.
    The layering of voices is fantastic and the buildup is just incredible. Every time I hear it I think of the epic story of the LoK series and just how well this track fits it.

---

Another nostalgic one for me - The main theme of VtM Redemption. I spent years playing and modding this game, so I heard this track so often that I attach thousands of memories to it.

---

Something more recent, the soundtrack to the Wrath of the Lich King intro. I have a passion for epic buildups in tracks and it's hard to beat this one:

---

Another one from Blizzard, the town music from Diablo:

Really spooky and atmospheric, it really helped to set the mood of the game.

19. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I honestly do not know how I managed to forget:

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Ah ha! maybe you guys can help me solve a riddle that's driven me crazy for over a year...

Listen to that track, about a minute in - the background bass beat that loops...

...it's definitely from a game, I thought it was from UT, have listened to the entire soundtrack and it's not there!

Dear god what's it from?!

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Dec 2010
Tags: