1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Anyone tempted by a day one Sandybridge purchase?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ph4ZeD, 3 Jan 2011.

1. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

A few companies, ourselves included, were led to believe the NDA was brought forward and listed them to sell...
    Said info was wrong though, so we've removed it from the site until the NDA is lifted.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I think it's laughable from intel to still insist on the NDA at that point of time. There's so many CPUs allready sold under the desk that people are simply pissed now that they still can't order these parts.

3. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Most places have stock from the looks of what has happened today so we will all have to just hang tight for now.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Damn that 2500k looks to be exactly the right price/performance ..

5. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

I agree, and thats on some more random site so lets hope scan is cheaper again.

6. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

I know Its like, where does it end right?

7. Cus_de_Sparta65

Cus_de_Sparta65 "There is no dremel"

Waiting till next year to upgrade from a i7 930 when Ivy Bridge come out. I am still getting to know this CPU and I like it a lot. No hurry here. :dremel:

8. CDomville

CDomville ^ I am THIS Possum

I'm tempted, I have to say, but it'll depend on how much money I have in my account total to see whether I can manage to take the hit on cash terms, along with a replacement keyboard and mouse whcih I consider to be more important because my current machine can still run most games on Medium, which is OK for what I need ATM. I DO like the sound of the i5 2500K though.

9. Dragonphreak

Dragonphreak Minimodder

Hey guys @ CCL, do you know if there are going to be any p67 ITX boards? it looked like Asus was going to launch one, but the only information i can find on the board is months old, and it looks like its a H67 board.

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I've seen the Asus listed -> http://www1.atelco.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=41293&agid=1601
    and the one from intel -> http://www.alternate.de/html/produc...ARDWARE&l1=Mainboards&l2=Intel&l3=Sockel+1155

Here's waiting for the Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3 to show up somewhere within the next few days, as I don't like either of the both I've found so far.

There won't be any P67-ITX boards soon tho, if at all, if we go by the currently available informations.

11. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

Well due to an aforementioned stores mistake, I should be the proud owner of an MSI P67a GD55 and an i7 2600k later on today.

12. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I might be changing jobs in the near future. So at the moment I wont be buying till I get a new place to live or a new job. Plus the fact that I feel like everyone and there brother has their hands in my wallet. Current rig is fine TBH, but pushing about 4 years old this fall its getting to the point of getting to slow for my liking.

There is always a nice side effect to waiting though - everything gets cheaper and better (albeit dated as this happens too, but eh)

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Tempted yes? Am I going to? No Me E8400 can handle it.

14. Mik3yB @ CCL

Gigabyte are coming in to visit today, I shall ask and see if I can get any details for you..

15. Mik3yB @ CCL

Right, official word from Gigabyte is -

"P67 is for full ATX boards. H67 will be for Micro ATX and Mini ITX."

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Yeah, just what I thought it'll be.

Not too big a problem for me personal tho as I haven't done any overclocking since the days of running a Celeron A 400@600MHz, but alot of ITX-enthusiasts will be pretty much let down by this one.

17. Mik3yB @ CCL

My ITX system is AM3 based so it's not an issue for me :)

It would be good if they had have produced some P67 for mini though for early adopters of the new platform.

18. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Hi Mikey. Are they going to release any boards with a proper UEFI, or are we going to have to make do with old BIOS systems for the forseeable future?

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Nah. I'll either wait till the prices drop, or skip this generation entirely. My Core 2 still does the job, and when it stops I'll overclock the tits off it (I don't now so I can use EPU).

20. Sensible

Sensible What's a Dremel?

Very tempted by Day One purchase, but expect I'll do the sensible thing and hold back to see what the early adopters have to say. My Socket 939 3800 X2 is due to be mothballed this year.

Looking forward with interest to Bit-Tech's MB reviews too.