1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 getting exclusive Crysis 2 demo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jan 2011.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Sorry, since when have demos been anything other than marketing tactics? They exist to demonstrate the game to you, the virtual equivalent of a man at a press event walking you through a small part of the game. they have only ever existed to market the game, it's just the methods in use now are more sophisticated than "here's a game, go play. If like, buy."

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

"here's a game, go play. If like, buy."

gave me an idea to help beat piracy and give you demos.
    completely free to download game, enter credit card at start and it gets verified.
    if get to level 3 (ingame warning comes up and asks for progression?, we take £20
    will people really stop at level 2?
    of course it could still get hacked etc.but means risk free purchases and maybe make more sales than otherwise.

3. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

It finishes on the 5th from what I've seen.

To be fair, the game looks alright on the PoS which is XBOX. And we all know PC>Xbox.

Give Crytek a chance, we've seen NO PC footage yet, but I've been assured by them it's epic.

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

The use of piracy as the crutch to hop over to console sales / development is laughable. All three major consoles are just as, if not easier, than the PC to pirate for. They're just looking for a wider, dumber userbase.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I don't see how having to flash your 360's disc tray is easier than copying a crack over on PC.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They are really not.

Torrent, crack, play vs firmware updates that potentially brick your £200/300/400 purchase.

13eightyfour - Hells no! The first two weeks of this year we had ~50 spammers a day, every day in the authorisation queue. I must have banned 500+ easily this year already. Thankfully it's a lot quieter now, maybe just 10-20/day

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

That takes about 30 seconds of work. Then all you ever have to do is put the game on a disk. Peasy.

And Bindi, the only way a firmware update is going to brick your console is if you're an idiot that can't read guides. Things have gotten so sophisticated that all you have to do is copy games to your external drive, or pop a friend's in the DVD drive and rip it.

This is not so hard.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Do people really care about demos any more? I can't remember the last time I played a demo. In fact I probably haven't played one since the last time I bought a PC games mag. And I've not done that in years either, as everything you could want to know about a game you can find online already.

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Thank god for that. Having to listen to his pointless ramblings about how he hated Oblivion was getting a bit tiring.

Back on topic - I am currently enjoying Crysis Warhead on my M11x (heavily customized CCC v3.0 config) and will be looking forward to Crysis 2.

Whatever platform I get it on I am sure I will enjoy it.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

this weekend someone has felt the need to link my ironman runs to CVG, GameTrailers and reddit.

my mail box has exploded with fanmail. kinda makes those months and the hours of rendering and uploading worth it now :D

11. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Until a new game requires an XBL update, then you have to uncrack it, update it, re-crack it...

Not to mention you still need a DVD burner :p I haven't used one in god-knows how long. How I miss the original Xbox mods!

13. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

FOOLS!!!

Dont you know..the demos evolved....into the BETA TEST!

All hail the beta.

14. iworld

iworld What's a Dremel?

Needless to say guys -PC fans will have the last laugh - it will be so uch better on the pc

15. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Not too bothered about Crysis 2, the first one was hyped to death to shift DX10 cards for Nvidia.

16. LJF

LJF Modded

Played this for about 20 minutes the other night. Nothing exciting about it at all. The graphics look good... for an xbox. They clearly have so much more potential though.

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I hope Crytek haven't made multiplayer the main focus. I'm not that excited about multi, I will play it and check it out, but I want the single player fun I had from part 1.

Tags: Add Tags