1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 PC demo announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jan 2011.

1. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Worse, it resembles MW1. The kill steaks are exactly the same (except you have to collect the dog tags they drop, making the sniper rifle pointless), I.e radar, area of effect attack, and helicopter support. Likewise, the unlocks are big standard with little choice. The only interesting things are the modules, but they are basically just perks anyway.

The way they have handled the suit abilities is definitely inferior to Crysis 1, so it feels like old COD with powers. It's not terrible, but it just doesn't compare to the game it is following, nor the game it is seems to be ripping off. Horrible lag kills as well (killcam clearly showing your killer shooting at sweet FA), at least on the 360.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

so... is BT gonna test 560Ti on this demo? :)

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Multiplayer demo on 360 looked poor - engage "Maximum Armour" and let someone shoot you for half a minute without any effect...

This game will live or die based on the single player campaign only.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

man, that looks promising !

5. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

*Unfortunately I feel on the PC. I think if the multiplayer isn't great then it'll fail on the consoles. Maybe I'm just being prejudiced but I get the feeling the average console gamer these days only really cares for multiplayer in FPSs.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's also true for the PC, which isn't a critique as I am just like this.

7. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Fair enough. Some day we will be musing over the days when people cared about singleplayer games :(

8. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

EA are console centric ...Crytec profess not to be ...hence a proof.

As for MP v SP in shooters ...I've always regarded the SP campaign as training for the MP ...which is where the game lives on long after the hype, press and 'community' have moved onto the next game. (I still indulge in the odd hour of the original Halo MP).

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

The Maximum armour actually seems to be pretty fair in terms of damage reduction. It doesn't take a lot more to kill some one, but it makes a difference and has been my saviour a couple of times. What DOES suck about it, is that it drains energy at all times, and it makes you slower.

And since there is no speed mode, sprinting always costs energy. Sure, it's fast, but you end up in fights with no energy half the time, just trying to get to them. Couple that with constantly draining energy with amour mode on, and you find that everytime two people meet, it's a question of who can hit armour and start shooting first. There's always a little pause as people turn it on. It's so stupid.

Strength is no longer a suit mode either, so no more reduced recoil. Instead, holding down jump does a strength jump, and melee is always power draining (I think, or it might just be on successful hits), whether it is something movable (say, a car) or a person.

10. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Great news to hear there is a PC demo coming out when the PC always seems to be the last platform to get a demo these days on a multi-platform game. It's just a shame that it's a demo for a game I've lost all interest in after beating the first game and going. . . that's it. . . a giant enemy alien crab-octopus, mother-ship thing that only the ULTIMATE WEAPON, A.K.A. a fancy rocket-nuke launcher can destroy when you shoot it in the glowing weak point. Haven't seen that one before.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

awesome I cant wait

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I won't ;)

At least not single player FPS games. I only enjoyed a handful of them. Those I did enjoy were absolutely brilliant however (Metroid Prime and Half Life 2 being the first examples that came to my mind)

13. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

So download the 360 demo or wait for the PC?

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Same.

A few can be fun. Metroid Prime like in your other post. I'm a fan of Resident Evil, as well. I think the key distinction is that you're not only playing against AI, but also against a totally different opponent. Compare that to, say, CoD singleplayer where you're against AI with the same health and same weapons as yourself. It's basically a staged multiplayer game all the way through the singleplayer.

Just a shame when games can't decide what they want to be like Crysis. You take a player fighting against aliens and such in the singleplayer which works well, your opponents behave in distinctly non-human ways that multiplayer can't emulate. Then you take the player and all of his mechanics and have him play against himself and call it multiplayer. That has nothing to do with the game! It's just a cheap way of trying to reach more markets.

15. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Great single player FPS games still exist but a lot of people are blinded by the CoD and Halo franchises. Personally I'd rather play through something with a meaty storyline and made-for-PC graphics on my own than spend hours on the same four maps receiving verbal abuse from a mal-adjusted twelve year old.

If it's going to have multiplayer, I'd rather it have a full-fat coop mode. In fact, the first things my friends ask when new games are announced is always "does it have coop?"

16. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Why not do both? I'm hoping for more out of the PC version (if they treat grenades as a seperate weapon that you need to select and then throw, like on the 360, then Crytek have officially lost all credit as a PC developer), but the 360 demo can still be fun, and will give you a head start on the workings of the game.

17. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

This pisses me off about most PC shooters.

18. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I can't remember the last game I played, on PC or console, that did this.

It reeks of not having enough buttons on the controller, so if it makes it in to the PC version, where we clearly do have enough buttons, then Crytek can officially shove it up their ass. I doubt that would be the only thing that makes it in to the PC version from the consoles.

19. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

wow another cod "clone", why did they even bother ?

20. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Beats me. I expected a lot more from Crytek, especially considering how much they tried to reassure people after it was announced that it would be on consoles. Looks like they have just done everything they said they weren't going to. All we can hope for now is that they have not just copy and pasted the console version on to PC.

Tags: Add Tags