1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Intel Recalling SandyBridge Chipsets (P67/H67)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cei, 31 Jan 2011.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

2. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Thats the issue with Ebuyer, they were never really computer enthusiasts, just a market supplier for retail consumers no more than a import/warehouse business, every so appranent by a few facts including they would never given technical support on products and the fact there sister company is a kitchen supplier as well as the other guff ebuyer sell non PC related on there site.

3. ardz

ardz What's a Dremel?

anyone else think I should fight ebuyer on this or just go directly to asus?

4. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

It really depends on what agreement Ebuyer have in place with Asus....if Asus will not accept Ebuyer RMAs then you will have to go direct to Asus.....

5. md04cm

md04cm What's a Dremel?

I just went for it!

Just bought a mobo from overclockers.uk and having it sent to california in the states.

I tried to buy it from eBay 4 times after I heard about the recall, quickly trying to get my hands on one before the long dely.

I think it's stupid, intel already ****ed up, why not just give us the the choice to buy them knowing the potential dangers like our good friends in the UK did.

So my board should be on its way, I spent $1,200 on components and I don't want to wait for intel to fix their problem.

Does anyone think it will be a problem to get my order processed? It should be shipping DHL in the morning

6. Sarvoth

Sarvoth What's a Dremel?

Dude, I love you. Thank you.

I was looking for a UK vendor to buy the board from. I much like you, are really peeved right now. See, the motherboard recall came in RIGHT in the middle of my purchases for my build. I have everything, except for a motherboard sitting right next to me. I spent over 1300 dollars on the stuff and its just gonna sit there? The idea of it just infuriates me and I am a pretty patient guy. I don't care about the defect with the sata ports I am not going to use. I am only using the 6 gig ports.

Anyways, I appreciate you pointing out overclockers.uk to me. I also purchased an ASUS P67 Pro from them and it ships out tomorrow from DHL hopefully with no hitches. Please let me know if you encounter any issues - I am sure I will then too.

-Chris

7. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

stopped by one of the local computer vendors this evening for a chat. from the story he told, pulling the defective p67/h67 boards off the shelf is at the vendors discretion; intel doesnt require it. so for those of you stateside looking for sandy bridge kit, check your local shops and see if you can find one with boards still in stock that they will sell....it might save you a little hassle with international shipping.

8. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I don't even know whether I should bother changing my board when the revised versions come out. I don't use the affected ports anyway (downloaded the Gigabyte diagnostic software). And it would meaning having to drain and refill my waterloop.

Sounds like hassle for nothing really. Then again I may chnage my mind later down the line.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Resale value is a good reason to do the swap. Plus this replacement program will be probably time limited.

10. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Yeh the resale value would be my only reason really. The shop that I got the board from is only down the road, so I could just pop in and not have to wait for postage etc. It would also give me an excuse to make full use of my dual pump reservoir and put a waterblock on my cpu aswell as my gpu's, as I just have a 140mm rad sitting here doing nothing. A proper dual loop setup would be sweet.

11. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Couriers aside like DHL, you should have no issue with overclockers themselves, they are pretty established and reputable company in the UK.

12. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Hey, I'm not trying to revive this thread not that it's old news or anything... but I know of a shop in California that has some of these boards in stock. That is if you are having any trouble with your international order.

If I lived in California, or even Nevada or Utah for that matter, I would have just gone in and picked it up a few days ago but it is being shipped to me. See if there is one where you live: www.centralcomputers.com - they had the p8p67 pro for about the same price tigerdirect.com had the normal p8p67

They seem like a decent shop (no way to know until I start it up the first time) but I know California is a big state so it might not be anywhere near where you are located but they do have a couple shops.

13. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

I have seen on other forums that some shops are still selling boards in the US, only issue is you will not get the same return guarantees with a man behind a shop desk who owns his own business as oppose to a retailer..still as most of the USA E-retailers are not selling them at all it might be a option...then you could try RMA with the mobo makers themselves direct rather than through the shop.

14. kadombing

kadombing What's a Dremel?

I wonder if the returning process will be smooth.. Specially with e-retailers.

15. kadombing

kadombing What's a Dremel?

And that's I was thinking as well.. Only time will tell.. :lol:

16. Sarvoth

Sarvoth What's a Dremel?

Well I put my order in on overclockers.uk last Thursday and had a lot of issues. First off, had to figure out this whole mastercard secure code thing since they require it. After that mess, over the course of Friday and the weekend had to deal with this security verification step that required me to send all sorts of documents to them via email that proved who I was. FINALLY, on Monday, my order got cancelled because the shipping address used was my work and not my home address that was listed on my documents. So, obviously, I am peeved - I got permission at my job to call them (international call) and got through two guys where the 2nd guy just finally cleared my entire re-order (thats right, cause the 1st one got cancelled and I still haven't gotten the money back yet for that one...) and allowed shipping to my work address where all my PC parts are waiting.

Pretty horrible experience, part of me just wanted to give up and bite the bullet and wait till April, but looking at a pile of PC parts next to me would just drive me crazy for months on end. I kind of feel like the parts devalue as they sit and do nothing, I know in some ways they don't, but I just get impatient when it comes to spending money on stuff that isn't going to be used right away.

Apparently my motherboard was shipped yesterday and they said the ETA is about 2 days to arrive to my destination. DHL isn't providing any tracking info yet on the package, so I am not even sure if it really has been shipped yet. My guess with my luck, it hasn't.