1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

And the creation of the Survival-server didn't help it either, hopefully we'll be sick of creepers blowing us up by the time MPUK update has been implemented.. ;)

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i already am...:grr:

3. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

Good work J, keep it going. Anyone else verify if J is on a world first? I think so at least. Can't wait for the formal video to be made for it.....

Now, as for the big hole. That's me that is. Wixi, Peter, MrsF, JR, PCClan and many many others have helped too.

We were building a massive sphere, but until the server is upgraded it's on hold. However, my current build on the survival server is probably going to take over from it, and I don't know that I'll have the patience to complete the Creative build once i'm up... might have to ask J for a little bit of magic there....

I'll get some SS up from SMP soon as the server is up. Meanwhile, here are a few from the creative server:

[​IMG]
    It's what it's called by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    JR's 8-sided pyramid by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Downtown by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Thank you all for the encouragement.
    I have finally, aided by a bit of wine and a distraction in the form of conversing with red-science, figured out what was wrong with X5 and am now almost done wiring it up properly. As for a world first ... I do believe this is a first. I have done a bit of searching, but have this far not found anyone else having done a Battleships game - which is quite cool. :D

Will have to do a video of it once it's done. Thankfully Player 1's side will be simpler to wire simply because I am able to plan it out better with experience from P2's side as ballast. I really hope MPUK will update it soon as it does get lonely sometimes, and since I have no real interest in monsters infecting my MC creations.

5. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

just got minecraft, could i have ips? :lol:

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Seeing as I felt a little left out after Kroy's nice bragging pics from the creative MC server, I had to add a pic of one of my own previous projects. So I present to you; Mahanakhon: :D

[​IMG]

7. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Monsters and battleship-game definitely does NOT match! :worried:

Worlds first - quite possible! Makes me think that a Minecraft equivalent of Guinnes Book of Records should exist. :rock:

fuus likes this.
  8. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

how long did this take you?!?! :eek:

9. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

The mananan..thingie definitely rocks dude! :rock: (sorry for the deliberate misspelling, I just had to.. :D)

10. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I NEED BIT TECH MINECRAFT!! :lol: someone pleaseeee pm ip >.<

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

No, it really doesn't. I still have nightmares of the incident with the pickaxe and the subterranean lake...

Indeed it should. And I think you should probably set it up... :D

Hm, I don't remember precisely, but I think I spent two weeks building Mahanakhon. As for clarification; it is as near a scale replica as I could do, of a tower currently under construction in Bangkok. I loved the design, and I knew I had to replicate it in MC as it seemed perfect for it.

Thanks. :D
    As for the misspelling...you just know that you're in for a proper bummin once the MPUK server is updated and you are all able to get back on, right? :thumb:

12. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

*falls to the floor crying*:idea:

13. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

is that the one that you, numbers and i discovered was a single spring block :lol:

14. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Who broke the survival server :'(

15. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

dunno, but with XM on holiday we're kinda stuffed.

[​IMG]

16. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Nice pic Kroy. Played a bit on the creative server tongiht (since survival wasn't up) man, it's good to not have to worry about creepers, diamond tools not being spawned (generally all things beeing spawned), fall damage, creepers...

And the big hole in the ground is massive Kroy, got any building-plans ready? ;)

17. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

the baseplan is a massive sphere - 61m or 62m radius or there abouts, needed to do the calculations to get max size based . The supplies are in the chest at top if you're feeling energetic. I'm catching up on the Yogcast, "shadow of israphel" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gi9-UZKYo4 if you haven't seen it already.

18. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Survival server is up again.

Used the downtime to upgrade hMod, so that's done already.
    The server does not need to go down sunday :)

The server 'crashing' is due to minecraft itself according to meaglin (hMod 134 author). So i'm afraid i cant do much about it. I usually keep a close eye on the server, trying to keep downtime at a minimum :)

On a side note, when my server administration tool is done, restarting on these 'crashes' could be automated, but that tool will take some time still. I'm trying to do stuff i've never done before in C# so progress is a bit slow :)

19. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Yay. I've mined a blue-block and it yielded 8 lapiz... Sweeeet! :)

You're the man XM! :rock:

20. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

amazing how productive you are when your favourite game/server of choice is not available.

I cleaned up over 200gb of fraps from past lives......

Looking forward to testing your server admin tool XM. There's usually never a better motivator to doing something great than knowing you can do a better job than the 'competition'.

edit: some new photos up of my current project (also used last night's d/t to reinstall betterlight and a new texture pack):

[​IMG]
    Kroy's New Base in MC by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    The lower level by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

and some from top-side in the New Town on SMP (click through to my flickr stream to see more)

[​IMG]
    BTSMP - New Town by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

Last edited: 13 Feb 2011