1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. eldermatius

eldermatius What's a Dremel?

the server address to the Surival server dragon gave me doesnt work , says unable to find host or something :-( QQ

Last edited: 13 Feb 2011
  2. eldermatius

eldermatius What's a Dremel?

can someone send me the address to the survival server?

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The address is correct, make sure you type it out instead of copy-pasting.

4. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

you connected, Eld. Problem solved (whereever/whatever it was).

5. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

*cries* please, all i want is the ip :'(

6. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Like I try to tell my kids
    Nagging or crying doesn't help.:rolleyes:

7. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

What is the new server IP?

Cheers guys

EDIT- and Kroy, what is that texturepack?

8. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

On this - Have you investigated setting up a simple mail server with triggers for server status?
    You could have it e-mail you when it is down, and if you pair it with say an iPhone (if you have one) you could receive notifications on a purpose-created account to tell you (and hopefully free up your time!).

But other than that appreciate what you're doing! I'm sure there are some capable C# coders on here (and possibly in this thread) who could give guidance/help code?

9. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

No i have not, Although it is possible, i do not deem it necessary.
    I can RDP into my server from my phone (thank god not an iPhone :p) so remotely checking on my server is not a problem.

The whole idea of the auto-restart function in my tool is no/little downtime :)
    It should auto-restart the server when a [SEVERE] error (with an exception) is outputted on the console :)
    Understand this, it's a possibility not a function i have implemented allready. I can finally start and stop my java-process neatly and i am receiving the console data from it. That was hell already :p Now i can implement some filtering functions on the received data which could be coupled to certain actions.

What i already have implemented are some basic console-interaction-functions, such as a chat/tell and send-to-console line. This saves you the whole problem of typing in a console that also outputs data :)

All the back-up and Overviewer actions are also a work in progress, but something i have not yet looked at, at all. I started this three days ago ;)

10. jsheff

jsheff What's a Dremel?

The creativity of some people astounds me. I have no eye for creating aesthetics, but I sure as hell can appreciate them!

Would someone be willing to PM the IP of either (or both!) servers to me? I'd love to join in, if anything just to see first hand what you guys have created - as I said, I'm not exactly creative myself, but I'm a willing participant in building to other people's plans if needs be!

11. logonui

logonui Minimodder

You don't have to be particularly creative to play minecraft, I usually start off with a square wooden box as a house and expand it from there. Most of my design decisions come from trying to make life easier for myself rather than what it ultimately looks like.

I have seen both good and bad designs in this game, as long at the person is having fun thats all that really matters

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  12. jsheff

jsheff What's a Dremel?

Yeah, most of my designs are very much function over form. Generally I re-purpose the entrance to a cave or something to start out with, building little outposts here and there to further my exploration. I like building farms and greenhouses most.

I definitely get enjoyment from Minecraft, but not in the same way that some others do. I guess that's the beauty of the game - there's almost something for everyone there.

13. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

14. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I'm mostly more practically oriented, but sometimes I get and inspiration or idea that I improve/work ahead on...
    Aye! That's the really beauty of this gem!:thumb:

15. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

sweet nerdy love :hehe:

16. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

thanks Fio ;)

17. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I'm the same, it gets quite anoying when I feel compelled to build the same thing over and over again though because it's not quite right. I'm currently building my farm again for the 6th time! :eyebrow:

18. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Sounds like you're well on track bud! It sounds like your experience is leaps and bounds ahead of mine, but I'm currently working with some talented programmers at work, so if you fancy bouncing something off me/them drop me a pm! :thumb:

19. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Heheh.

That's a pretty cool texture set, anyone know which it is?

20. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I feel your pain, sometimes it can feel like a compulsive disorder. The only game that has taken me over like minecraft was Transport Tycoon. Man, talk about repetetive gaming. My favorite custom map was called flatland and had cities around the edge that I linked with trains. and 3-4 and even more coal in one corner with power-plant in the other corner. I remember the intricate railsystem I created pre deluxe (where you didn't have light-signals with one-way option)

Those where the days...