1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC Kyubu: Help me donate to the Tsunami! | 21.3.2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 21 Sep 2010.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks everyone and merry Christmas!!! Cya all next year and there is plenty more to come!

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Uuurgh, I loooooove the red-ness of that dyed fluid. It's just so darn sexy!

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Wow that looks A.m.A.z.I.n.G!

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Agreed. it's turning in to a MOTY contender for next year I think. Or should that be this year.

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

And a strong contender too for sure + HUSH + Osidias + Acronym , wowee so many ultra cases on the rise :rock: & I'm sure others too :thumb:.

6. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah its so damn red!

Thanks Combatus :)

It will be finished around March of next year, partly because I am leaving for Dubai and Singapore tomorrow! Watch this space, I will be back on the 25th and straight back into this project!

Happy New Year all!

7. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Enjoy your holiday mate. I have always wanted to go to Dubai.

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Hi all!

I am writing from Dubai, you'd think I would be emailing family to tell them how it is but actually they live here, I just live in Brisbane (and my car is probably floating along the Brisbane river atm, thank mother nature for that one whilst I was away).

Anyhow I am still alive as is this project which will be coming to life on the 27th when I arrive home. I will be heading to my previous life in Singapore (half singaporean here :p ) on the 20th and then back to Brisbane just 6 days later. Its been a good haul!

Consider this a project log postcard :) All these were taken with my phone so its not up to my usual standard, if you even thought I had a standard lol.

[​IMG]
    Ferrari world, got to go on the worlds fastest rollercoaster. Crazy acceleration, couldnt even keep my eyes open due to the wind speed initially.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On top of the worlds tallest building.

[​IMG]
    This was pretty cool, you are looking at the largest single cast piece of acrylic, EVER. They even have a world record plaque for it :) And no, it doesnt fit on my CNC.

[​IMG]
    Worlds largest water fountain feature, everything in Dubai is either the biggest, tallest or only in the world...

[​IMG]
    Not the greatest but I had to try it.

[​IMG]
    Oh and indoor snowboarding, mad fun!

27th, I will be back! Watch this space!

Last edited: 18 Jan 2011
  9. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Would love to see the view from up there!

10. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

WHAT?! My idea has already been done?! :grr:

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks like your having an awesome time mate. Ferrari world would have been soooo cool. I also like the idea of the chicken big mac.

12. Nutman

No update since you returned home the 27th... hmmmm.....
    I hope your workshop didn't flood?

13. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Haha you guys are persistent! I was lucky and my place was fine but I am currently working on a mountain of signage jobs that have come in. Don't worry, I will be onto Kyubu soon!

Also, mATX Sandy Bridge....

-_- Well it looks like there is an issue with the motherboard chipsets and I am yet to be fully impressed by any of the mATX sandy boards. If you guys know of something suitable for the project, let me know.

I won't be crossfiring anymore, might just get a 6990, watercool it and BAM, I'll be all over Crysis 2 :)

14. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Why no crossfire? If sandy bridge isn't impressive all I can suggest is a good X58 system.

15. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

An update!

I am actually waiting on the hardware side of things as pretty much everything with Kyubu is done besides hardware installs and some cable management pieces which ill only cut when I know what I need.

Specifically I am waiting on a good mATX sandy board, the 6990 and the waterblocks for the above. Until then, we can all wait right?

Heres some stuff to keep you guys on your toes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Until some awesome sandy bridge mATX or ROG comes out to play, stay tight!
    Oh and if you guys are keen, this is part 1 of what I was up to in Dubai!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Feb 2011
  16. Nutman

I hate your skills. ;)
    On a more serious note: It's good to wait with adding hardware until the case is more or less finished. Keeps you from using outdated hardware when the build is finally done.
    Of course, there are certain tasks that cannot be completed unless you have the hardware in your hands (such as doing modifications on that specific piece of hardware), but good practice to wait as long as you can.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Okay, first off congrats on getting engaged! Send my regards to your fiancé as well! :)

Now, despite being extemely disappointed at not seeing your last project not being totally finished as originally designed, I am subbing to this one. Three reasons really - First of all, I've seen what you can do with plexi and that laser cutter in the last project and was very impressed. Secondly, this looks awesome so far. I don't spend much time in project logs any more mainly due to not having much free time but I love where this is going and I really have only glanced over it this morning. The rest of the reasons have to do with me loving the components, colours and materials that you have chosen - EK waterblocks and fittings, Corsair PSU, MDPC sleeving, laser cut plexi, black white and red theme etc etc.

Tl;dr? I'm SUB'D! :thumb:

18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I want to go to ferrari world! I can't wait till you get home.

19. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Oh I am back already, have been for three weeks now.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ugh CNC whoops ass too much :hehe: it's good to see what can be done with it though & still very much looking forward to the finished case up & running, it's a gorgeous design :thumb:.