1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I won the Zonda R in B-Spec GT world championship, its worth checking out the prize cars because you can save alot of the grind.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Fixed that for you. Anyway, the Zonda R is well worth having. From what I've seen it's basically the best non-F1 style car and it'll blitz any championship you throw at it.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Ahhh, Just need to grind my B-Spec then, at least I can go make coffee while that's doing.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I seriously love the FGT. It may be overpowered, but properly tuned it changes how you drive dramatically.

If you can master that car, you can master almost any car.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

FGT on the Extreme GT World Championship's first race, the Indy track, b-spec earns 108,000 credits easy. 22 laps in about 16 minutes.

6. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

if you can put up with a little bit of grind, ive found using a chevvy ZR1 RM on the first race of the American championship A-Spec extreme, yields 117,000 creidts per win and takes 4mins. Easy money tbh

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Idiotic AI drivers...

Tell him to overtake, could fit a few tanks in the gap. But no, he edges out and slams on the break... *****.

750bhp Gallardo, versus a 50yr old Muria... go figure.

And now he's just sitting in 6th place... God damn it DRIVE!

8. Elton

Like the wind, you can use the FGT and it'll destroy any car in a really short time.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

My gf is sick of my shouting at the TV calling bob a *****

10. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

The events races aren't that rewarding any more. But at least I had fun winning the Ferrari F1 event even if the com was awful.

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

They need to up the prize money and XP for the seasonal events. It is starting to be a bit of a grind getting my A-Spec driver up the levels. I am level 30 now and I have raced most of the events (other than endurance) several times. It is depressing to see the XP go up a tiny, tiny bit after a race!!!!

I would like to see some new tracks now as I have raced most of them to death now. It would be nice to see some long winding scenic tracks like 'Amalfi Coast' and 'Fujimi Kaido' on Forza 3. Dare I say that a lot of the tracks in GT5 are a little bit boring?!?! I am not so bothered about them making the cars premium as I drive in bumber view anyway!

12. Elton

The new patch, significantly upped the XP for all events.

The prize money's a bit less, but the XP is multiplied by a bajillion really.

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

In case it is of interest here are the patch notes for the latest update;

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
    ・Remote Racing
    [Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen.
    Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends' "My Drivers", and gain rewards and experience from it.
    For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new "Remote Race" page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
    In [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.
    Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
    You can now use one of the "My Courses" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).

・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races
    We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars.
    For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
    The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) have been increased.

・More Event Settings in Online Races
    [Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] have been added to the event settings for online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・More Penalties for Special Events
    Penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] under [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
    The rewards and experience gained in [License] and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
    In A-Spec, B-Spec and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], you can now borrow cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
    For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・More Car Settings
    Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Multi-Monitor Feature
    From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi-Monitor], you can now access the multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
    You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in a wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
    For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Gameplay]
    - It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.
    - [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
    - [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].
    - In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
    - In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
    - Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
    - Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
    - When tire restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars with tires that qualify will be displayed in the garage.
    - Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
    - Karts now have [Quick Menu settings.
    - You can now select multiple items in some important menu screens, such as when registering your favorite cars in your [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
    - Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
    - Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
    - The evasive maneuver of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
    - Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
    - Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
    -Corrected an issue where the sound effects would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
    - Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
    - A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added for room creation in the [Open Lobby].
    - The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
    - Game save speed has been optimized.
    - The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
    - Car demo backdrops during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
    - The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
    - The [Force Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

[To Check Your Current Version]
    To check the version of your game, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page.

If the number starts with 1.06, you are playing the latest version of the game.

Some good stuff there!

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Blimey, that's a lotta update!

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Its nice to see that they do seem to be continually improving it. Lets just hope it continues.

And, finally, gear ratio adjustments instead of that stupid top speed value.

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Booooo - you can't remote race the endurance races, just a specific set of races (9 in all). Also, it seems you can only remote race against a friend - you can't just race your own Bob.

There was me thinking I could set up Bob to run the 24 hour of le-mans and then 24 hour nurburgring while I was away next weekend.

If someone finds I am wrong, then please let me know!

17. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

Sweet little update. Can't wait to try some new features out.

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Thankfully theyve taken away that stupid note at the beginning about auto save

PP should make online more interesting

PD are really impressing me with the updates, im honestly suprised. Given it should have been right from the get go but still

What do they mean by power limiters anyone?

19. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Have they fixed the savegame curruption yet?

20. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

It's statements like this, that led to the game being delayed so many times.
    My guess is they wanted to have all this stuff released on day 1, but Sony said "No, it's been long enough. Release the game and patch the extra stuff later!"