Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yes!

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Mate brought round his G25 last night... 7 hours of solid driving...

Finally completed the All Stars Championship...

Christ, drove like demons for that race! The game becomes so much more in depth with the wheel. Felt myself actually fighting with the car to get it round the track. So much fun!

3. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Good News Everyone!
    tuning shop menus are much quicker now

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I buy several used cars at a time and it's a pain. If there was a way to tick a box for all the ones you wanted to buy in one go, that'd be grand. Has this been made any quicker?

5. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

with regards to used car dealership

no multibuy but...
    but there is a tick next to some cars (i assume cars you own)
    the new PP value is displayed,
    and the "new" is now a red-ish colour

6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Before i bought mine i wasnt sure if itd make a diff but when i plugged it into GT4, world of difference

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I am very pleased by this, the top speed value is so insensitive to the fine tunings!

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Even GT4 is actually much better than we thought with a wheel. The gameplay is actually very good

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

just take what were given is it

10. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

my point was, you can delay something, and delay something and delay something, and whilst you are delaying, you can think of more things to go in your game, so you delay it further
    or some rival game does something similar but better than one of your features... so you delay to include it their way/make yours better

you can end up delaying your game forever that way... just look at Duke
    games take a long time to make, and delaying a game is expensive, at some point you just have to say, we aren't going to add anymore to the release version
    but maybe if the game sells well, we will patch it to add in these extra features

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Seeing as this is an entirely luxury industry, yes.

With the exception of being in accordance with applicable sales laws (IE: working as advertised) the developer has no obligations to the gamer.

On the flip side, the gamer has no obligations to buy any given game.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hard commercial fact. Same goes in the commercial software sector too (with the exception of defence and safety systems). I have had to release many an unfinished system due to commercially critical dates with subsequent functional roll outs.

At least they are releasing decent patches - we need to be thankful for that at least. Although it is disappointing that a game is missing features at launch, at least it wasn't 'broken'. I can think of a few other games that were over the years!

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Anyway

There is a new seasonal event that pays out very well

Losing interest in BSpec alot

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

They should have new seasonal events every day! I am getting a bit bored with running the same races over and over. I even did the Laguna Seca Endurance race last night as I was fed up with the others! It took about 2 hours and 40 minutes in a 1969 Ford GT Racecar by the way.

Come on PD lets have some new tracks - save licensing costs and make them up, I don't care. Make them interesting and long. I don't count lobbing in a few tracks made with your editor though - I can do that!

15. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Anyone want to add me to there friends list? I Don't have enough shared drivers to do any remote races atm. Its just Teamtd11 if anyone wants to... Please? :D

16. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

I've added you, out of curiosity for this remote driver stuff (even though i've maxed out my bspec)
    I've "shared" 5 of my drivers (created a couple of new ones)
    It turns out I have no one on my list with shared bobs, so if anyone wants to add me, feel free (PSN: QuarkyPlugs)

Edit:
    I found your drivers teamtd. I had to restart my game before you appeared in my community tab though

17. teamtd11

At the moment i only have a couple that i just made as when you set them to shared you can not use them normally any more. I should really lvl them a bit before sharing them :)

18. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

You cant use them if they are shared?
    *Goes to check*
    Hmmm, that is a bit weird. Especially as you have to "collect" your prizes, so I cant see any concurrency issues.

What is strange, is actually running a race from the internet, and seeing it play on your playstation. One of my lvl 0 racers is smashing yours, td! :p

Also you can only race one of your own bobs, but you can run as many bobs from other people. (The race i just mentioned above has 2 bobs from teamtd)

19. teamtd11

*goes to restart my game and try it out*

Thats cool :) It looks like you can unshare to be able to use offline again. also looks like there is a time limit to when you can use a driver again. so my 2 bobs where not able to race so i shared another and raced with 4 of plugs.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2011
  20. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

My bspec drivers are too busy running the 24 hrs of le mans to remote race my friends at the moment.

Also, the Ferrari Formula Challenge is really fun... the last course was challenging but it's high-speed and therefore extra exciting. Also, the F2007 is actually drivable with a controller...