1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Canadian ISP admits throttling World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Mar 2011.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I pay $67 a month for 12 Mb and have to deal with the idiots at Comcast :wallbash:

2. sWW

sWW Minimodder

Is this the only ISP in Canada? Surely you should just change ISP if you're a gamer. Should be able to break out of a contract if they hadn't made it apparent that they would be 'blocking' gaming.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Videotron (Quebec only - super expenisve), Bell (throttle, terrible DNS), Rogers (throttle the most) and Shaws (throttle and horrible service). Make your choice. Note most region has at most 2 IPS to choose from. Rarely 3 choices.

4. doggy

doggy Cave Canem

At least it gives WoW players something new to complain about on the WoW forums rather than how underpowered their character is since the last patch which nerfed the class into oblivion......

5. Gunnerbob

Gunnerbob What's a Dremel?

Hi Elise,

Very nice marketing-speak there, I notice the subtle comment about disabling P2P while playing (even though it can be necessary for updates). Sorry, but that's like someone complaining their mechanic broke their engine and the mechanic saying to just turn off the car and the problem is fixed!

The problem is not with the paying customers; the problem is with Rogers treating all P2P with a blanket mentality that it's inherently illegal or wrong. Here's a concept: how about you stop throttling the legitimate, paying customers?

The real shame is Rogers is just as bad as Bell. Pick your poision fellas: death by throttling and bad service, or death by bad service and throttling?

Nice deke move Elise, you almost had the goalie beat, but a quick glove hand will always beat Rogers trying to go top shelf on customers.

6. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

This just opens the door further for competition from smaller local providers as customers finally get fed up with the big nazi monopolies and leave... I hate Bell, I hate Rogers, and will only spend my money with whatever small local company I can go through.

Tags: Add Tags