1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free next day delivery for bit-tech members

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by Liam @ CCL, 18 May 2010.

1. drue123

drue123 Laird Drue

thanks ccl

2. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

"This is a 404 error. The page you are looking for cannot be found.

Click here to go back to the home page."

from your link in the OP.

I haven't ordered from you guys before, and I don't need much this time, but you might just help me make someone's day if I get this order to them in time for the weekend :)

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm disappointed. When I looked some time ago my account was linked to bit-tech and it said I had free shipping. I was going to place an order yesterday but I couldn't log on and it turns out my details have been removed:
    I also had this
    So my details have been completely removed, it's link to bit-tech severed and I'm given the impression that linking the two is not possible anymore.

Really annoyed to say the least. Unfortunately the order has to go elsewhere now. :wallbash:

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Looks like my account has gone too.

Edit 15/04/11: Just re-created my account but I have to wait until it registers my bit-tech affiliation and I have missed the boat for delivery tomorrow (which I was willing to pay for anyway).

Sorry CCL but you have missed out on a sale. It would of been nice if you had warned us that your website refresh would wipe our accounts out.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2011
  5. adidan

Make that >1 sale.

Very unfortunate and badly handled I must say.

6. Srcr. Maligree

Srcr. Maligree What's a Dremel?

Well I was going to ask "I guess this doesn't apply to the Easter weekend?"
    But right now it's more important to ask "Is this offer/promotion still running?"

7. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

I was about to splash some cash and was just popping to the forum to find out how to take advantage of this offer so I could fit some stuff over the bank holiday.

I guess I won't be.

-1 order to CCL (mainly due to the lack of communication, I wouldn't mind if someone told us if the offer was gone.)

8. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

The offer will be back shortly, we are just having some forum integration issues on the new website which is causing (most) people to have trouble placing orders.

If anyone wants to make use of the free shipping please call our sales team who will happily extend the offer to you over the phone if you qualify for free shipping.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

9. adidan

The apology is appreciated but, seriously, WTF went on? Someone has made a right balls up with your website, things that should have been sorted out before it went live.

Not only have accounts gone missing but you've lost orders because of it. I paid a few quid more for an order with Scan because I know what I'm getting, this whole fiasco has left me very uncertain about using ccl I'm afraid.

Those items were initially in my basket on your website a few days ago until I went to pay and I suddenly found out all of my details had been wiped from your system.

I'm not saying that just to rant, I'm just letting you know how I, and perhaps others, feel.

10. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Thank you, I spent my money elsewhere this time but I do appreciate the update, things go wrong.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2011
  11. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

Just phone sales and get your free postage while they fix the webserver yah miserable bleeders. :D :thumb:

No Gratitude some people. :p

12. adidan

You don't understand, they lost my entire account.

13. shadow_boxer

shadow_boxer Minimodder

Never realised they had free next day delivery for members here. Tempted by the Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB - not a bad price £87 in del!!

14. chaclegecex

chaclegecex What's a Dremel?

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

Ok, so I noticed that my free shipping had also gone when trying to place an order today, would it be possible for someone to point me to the sales team tele number to place the order?

16. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Phone number for sales is 01274 471201 - open while 5:30PM

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Let us know if this free delivery is still available, I am having my doubts due to the complete silence from anyone from CCL here, since 19 April, to our concerns about the lost accounts.

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Free delivery is still available but I believe you have to phone up to get it.

I ordered something last week by phone and got free delivery via DPD. :)

19. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Yep still going, you just have to phone up at the moment, Just tell them Dave Or Tom Sent you, whilst we sort the account linking on the new website, the only reason I am aware of accounts being "lost" is when no orders had been placed at all since the accounts creation and thus had never pulled down to the internal systems.

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

Order successfully placed. I do hope this gets fixed though, I always prefer to order with CCL for the great service and ease of checkout, so thanks again I guess.