1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Top ten most satisfying weapons in gaming - allegedly

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by johnnyboy700, 19 May 2011.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I found this link on Den of Geek:-

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/8580...fying_weaponbased_moments_in_videogaming.html

The only reason I posted it was because of the last entry, I remember using this weapon for the first time and I couldn't stop laughing at just how insane it was - especially the sound effects. Makes me want to dig out the game and play it again, assuming it will work with a modern O/S.

I was surprised that the magnum pistol from Halo wasn't here, I thought it was ludicrously overpowered in Combat Evolved and nuetered in the sequels.

:D

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I think they meant "ten most broken guns ever".
    Most satisfying list can't be complete without the super shotgun from Quake 2... I played Q2 again over christmas, and I giggled every time that "booooom - chack-chack" from the SS Played.

Also on that list should be the Arctic from CS 1.6 - the sound alone would make people duck behind their screens... thoguh it didn't recoil like Q2's SS.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Page also has a link to how 3rd-person shooters are better than FPS....

Yeah, alot of weapons missing from that list. I'll take Serious Sam' minigun over a Brute Shot any day. Or the Mulcher for Gears over the Hammer.

Then again, to each their own. :)

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've never used any of the guns on that list.

So erm, it's wrong :D

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

How about the bolt gun from painkiller? That was freaking awesome! Also, the Halo 2 shotgun was Awesome!

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Some of the guns in Goldeneye were sick. Used to love in multiplayer seeing an enemy and just opening up and raping them :D The AR15 and Uzi were particular favourites.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

You've never used the BFG... or the gravity gun.... :eyebrow:

How... I mean, how can... WHAT!?!?!?

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

Cerebral Bore was kick ass. Really though, the most satisfying weapons in gaming are all the weapons in Firearms: Source.

9. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

You've never used any of the weapons, really?

I take it your not a FPS fan?

Regarding the 3rd person games being better than FPS, yeah I saw that and didn't agree, I play and enjoy both. The only game I've played where both styles are combined is Jedi Outcast and I think it works because I found trying to fight a lightsabre duel in FPS mode was a recipe for a quick death, I never got the hang of it.

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

WTF... what a ******** artcile

No Redeemer or Sniper rifle from Unreal Tournament (the original)
    Or the SMG +GL from HalfLife 1
    Or Duke's Boot o'Fury? Now THAT was satisfying!
    Or the explosive tipped arrows from ?Thief? i think
    Or the Shrink / Ice guns from Duke aswell?
    The Pulse Gun from UT
    The DEagle from CS
    Ezio's wrist blade from AC
    That thunder-b*tch-slap mallet my barbarian had in Diablo 2 (50% for lvl 10-15 nova, 50% chance for lvl 10-15 charged bolts, 20% for chain lightning lvl 5-10) (still pissed I lost those saves)

Oh... as for 3rd person being superior to FPS?
    Yeah.. leave the REAL gaming to us PC players and f*ck off back to your consoles!

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The original unreal tournament had the best collection of weapons in any game ever. Each was brilliantly realised and had its own unique properties and play style.

Doom's pump action shotgun is still probably my favourite fps weapon.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Half the weapons from Blood deserve to be on those kind of lists. Who can tell me that the one which split enemies in two wasn't good? What about that rail gun from FEAR? Epic lolz.

13. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

The shotgun and the ripper from Duke Nukem 3D. Great fun using them to mash up pig cops

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Rocket Launcher from Red Faction... NOM NOM NOM

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Actually, the most satisfying weapon of all times is the Plasma cutter in Dead Space 1&2. Seriously, how often you start and finish the game with same weapon ?

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

It says 'weapons' and not 'guns', so butterfly knife from TF2 anyone?

Other than that there are so many weapons to list its not even funny and the only one on that list i would agree with is the BFG to be honest.

Guass Gun - Syndicate
    Beserk - Doom (it allows stuff to be killed so i call it a weapon :p)
    Railway Rifle - FallOut 3 (crap gun but it goes WooWoo like a train :D)
    Hailstorm - Resistance: Fall of Man
    Javelin/Predator Drone/AC130 Gunship level - CoD:MW (how much fun?!)
    G36C - Black (just an awesome awesome weapon in an awesome game for it's time)
    That one magic spell ring you find in Oblivion basically nukes anything you use it on with lightning (really can't remember any names)
    Madness Gas - Hogs Of War Multiplayer
    Banana Bomb/Holy Hand Grenade/Concrete Donkey/or a perfect, wind affected bazooka shot - Worms
    The Painkiller - Painkiller (messy much :D)
    Rotavator - Dead Rising (the big drilly things which get a zombie stuck on them when in use)
    Any top level, final ultimate weapon in Final Fantasy games (especially Lulu's in FFX, lightning dodging FFFUUUUUUUUUU) - Just the satisfaction of getting them is massive.
    The concealed blades in Assassins Creed - Hello? How can these not get a mention?

This could go on forever lol

17. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Also missing is the winchester rifle from Killing Floor, it's not overpowered, it's just serious goddamn fun to use. (also the 9mm should get some sort of award for most awesome sound)

AA12 is always a laugh too, the easy way to turn anything you see into a fine red mist!

EDIT: Speargun from the original AvP

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

TF2 Huntsman, when fired across a map and the arrow arcs down a hill... THWONGGG headshot.

Otherwise, I'd say the Flak Cannon from UT2k4 or the UT99 sniper rifle..

EDIT: Forgot the biggest one. Getting a headshot with any gun in The Battlegrounds (revolutionary war source mod)

19. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Fallout 3 - Railway rifle!

Not only does it pin mutant's heads to walls, but it also makes an adorable sound! :D

20. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

also since it says weapons, where are all of the non projectile weapons? if there is a crowbar or chainsaw in game i will make a heavy effort to complete the game using that as my only weapon.

also regarding turok 2, it does work in win7 if you find the right combination for gfx card and hunt down the unofficial patches, also dosbox is another option.