1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Top ten most satisfying weapons in gaming - allegedly

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by johnnyboy700, 19 May 2011.

1. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Surprised since the cerebral bore was mentioned the nuke weapon from turok wasn't... when fired the weapon made the most awesome boom.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

While it was certainly bigger and better than all before it, it as still 'just' a large explosion. Supreme Commander's nuke looked and felt like one - the mushroom could hangs around for ages.

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

That reminds me, the nuke from WiC! (the second in this video)

4. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Minigun from vice city.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Most bolt action rifles or pump action shotguns but even better the Barrett .50 cal in MW/MW2, with paractice you could make 3 to 4 on target shots a second and each one of them hurt.

Oh, and let's not forget the trusty knife.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

An MMO might seem an odd choice, being purely numerical at the core, but the Greatsword of Ashkandi from World of Warcraft was gleefully fun just for its aesthetics:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=19364

Check out the screenshots. The model doesn't scale to your character's size, and it's absurdly big to begin with. So if a gnome wields it, it's about 3 times bigger than him. Final Fantasy, eat your heart out.

edit - oh, apparently they fixed that since. But still.

In fact there's a general lack of melee weapons on the list. What about the huge axe in Ninja Gaiden? Or the bladed nunchaku that just turned you into a walking blender? Or Nightmare's weapon from the Soul Calibur games?

7. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

Would like to have seen the Quake 2 BFG and the Quake 2 Rail gun, Nothing better then a flying rail and seeing the gibs FLY! :)

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The problem with this list is that there are just simply too many guns or even just weapons to list. I mean classic weapons like a bolt action rifle or a revolver are definitively some of the more satisfying weapons but how about anything Agent 47 used in any of the Hitman games? Or airstrikes in world in conflict? Or that carpet bomb in mercenaries? There are seriously just so many good and satisfying things to kill things with.

Oh and you can't forget the bow and arrow of call of juarez or the horse shooting in that game. Now THAT was satisfying.

9. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

I agree with a lot of whats been said in this thread, especially the HL and UT guns but there needs a mention for the Shrink Ray and Freeze Ray in Duke3D. Man those guns were fun, especially in death match.

Freezing or Shrinking a mate at a LAN and then giving them some foot lovin' was immensely satisfying.

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Kar 98 & Moisin Nagant sniper rifles - Red Orchestra
    MG 42 - Red Orchestra
    Flak Cannon - Unreal Tournament
    HE Grenade - CS:S
    Mega Power Fist - Fallout 2
    Knife - Commandos 2
    MP5 - Half-Life (nice weighty recoil animation and noise if not that powerful)
    M14 EBR - Killing Floor
    M79 Grenade Launcher - Killing Floor
    Dragon's Tooth Sword - Deus Ex

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

most games have 1 or 2 great weapons but i find Perfect Dark has the most unique and cool weapons in a single game.

cyclone smg- it "scans" ammo

Dragon AR- has a proximity self destruct mode

Farsight- shoots through walls in trippy colour

Phoenix pistol- absorbs ammo and can fire explosive rounds.

laptop gun- can be thrown onto the wall to act as a mounted sentry.

.....and thats only a handful of the game's guns.

i never really knew what the N-Bomb did though. it always came across as an offensively named weapon :D

12. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

Best part of nightmare's sword was to stand on the edge of a map then plonk your enemy off the ledge :D
    Personally i really like the hulahoop tira walks around with; its not everyday you see one kill her opponent with a cartwheel :hehe: