1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple iPhone 5 rumoured for September launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Jun 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

"likely to sport a new 8MB camera"
    8MB? interesting, some sort of new technology maybe? lol

3. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Come October when my contract is up for renewal it'll be goodbye ios and hello android.

4. Gigglebyte

Gigglebyte :3

Can't the Apple bubble just burst already? I'm tired of seeing people being drawn in by, unfortunately, good marketing and bad products.

5. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Shiney, shiney ....ummm fruity smelling. ...precious , my precious.

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Hmmmm. I'm really not bothered. My Android is amazing and the fact that three people I know have got iPhones this year and said they hate them. Something which I've never heard from anyone about Android. I much prefer Androids openness. I like the fact that my friends with iphones say my phone is a brick because my screen is larger than theirs. Always makes me lol. Oh and the icloud doesn't appeal to me at all, not with my poor network signal in my area if I lose WiFi I have patchy network coverage and if my stuffs on the cloud and I lose contact I don't have my stuff. Give me phone storage or a microsd slot over cloud any day.

7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Whereas, of course, versions 3, 2 and 1 were massively dissimilar.

8. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Samsung Galaxy II v HTC Sensation I think... I'll buy an apple product when money means nothing and I have no taste or desire to tinker...

9. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Yes... just ditched iPhone at last and moved to a galaxy S2, seems like the platform is mature enough to leave iOS to the fans.

10. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

+1
    Just did the exact same thing and no regrets.. :)

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

nothing wrong with iOS or their products. they are high quality and people buy them all have a good reason.

before you bash on their products, consider this: still nothing beats iPad's battery life. still nothing beats iPhone 4's display. and for people who don't like to tinker, iOS is still the perfect OS. so far, only Galaxy Tab 10.1 have beat ipad 2 on weight, yet build quality is no where near as good.

with iOS 5, i've even started to reconsider my jailbreak habits. the biggest grip i have with iOS have been addressed (by copying Android, i admit).

can't wait to see the new iPhone, i am still unsure whether to upgrade or not, iPhone 4 is still miles better than the Galaxy S i used everyday last month when i was in America. Android to me, feels like Linux (i know it is running on the same kernel) or Windows 95, clunky and everything needs configuring to actually work.

no, im not a fanboy. i was going to buy Galaxy tab 10.1, but decided to get an ipad 2 for 2 reasons: cheaper (second hand deal on BT) and iOS 5 restored my confidence in future of the platform. yes, i did think stock iOS 4 was going down the drain, notification system (or lack of) were driving me crazy.

SlowMotionSuicide likes this.
  12. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I jumped from a 3GS to a desire HD despite being stuck on a sh*t contract im happy with my phone. But i disagree when people say the iPhone is bad product its really good, just I like the open source android. i just hope it doesn't get to fragmented for its own good. But there is no knocking iOS its really good.

I do enjoy the idea of Google setting some kind of advised spec for android so that all phones are getting updated for at least 18months. Android is moving that fast the phones are no longer phones they seem to be computers. Dual cores it going to scare me when there is a quad core CPU in a phone lol. But i suppose cant halt progress!

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

You've obviously never looked closely at them all...

[/Sarcasm]

It feels a bit like the upgrade from 3G to 3GS, keeping it looking and feeling the same with just a few little internal updates. Can't say that I will be that bothered about upgrading, especially not since it would cost me a fortune with the amount of contract I've got left...

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Relatively speaking, yes - pre-4 they were practically identical so the 4 was the biggest design change since the original iPhone.

15. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I have no idea how much contract I've got left, enough not to get this on release though. :(

16. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

Where are all the iSupporters?!?!

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

They've started queuing

18. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Might look at the iphone5 as I am on Android now, but without a way to import my text messages, I won't be moving back to the iOS platform.

Anyone know of a SMS cloud place?

Kimbie

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im surprised that android supporters are accessing forum actually, i thought their battery would have ran out by noon. :p

jailbreak your iphone and then extract SMS out easily.

20. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

My father picked up a Galaxy S2 about a fortnight back, I've had to play with it to set it up for him and tbh I'm not convinced that it's any better than my 3Gs.

My contract is up today actually, I'm just not sure what I want to do yet - I'm not happy with the 4G, I prefer my 3GS and I think I'd rather wait for 5 and see if the thing's I don't like with 4 have been sorted.

Tags: Add Tags