1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bit-tech launches Android app

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 7 Jul 2011.

1. tehgypsy

tehgypsy What's a Dremel?

F41L.

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Surely only a tech savvy website would do this? Oh wait.....

3. PlayedStation

PlayedStation Possessed like an apostrophe

a chicken and bacon sandwich i just had for lunch cost me £2.40.

quit moaning and put it into perspective. If you like the website, consider it a donation, its hard time for publishing companies now days and it's hardly alot of money.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

+1

5. longweight

It is for an Android app, publishing costs may well be high but that should be reflected in the cost of the CPC magazine not in the price of the Bit Tech app.

I like the forum so I use Tapatalk which lets me access many other forums too :D

Website? Articles are no better really than the others that come up on google search results as far as I can see.

6. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

a donation to the hard working publishing company? are you out of your mind? You don't think they turn my clicks on the website into money? You don't think that the money I pay in subs to the magazine is used to sell advertising space to all the companies out there who want me to look at their ads?

I used to work in print, and I know that a very small amount of the magazine costs are paid for by subs - it's all advertising revenue...

I have a Desire - what do I need another app for that takes up the small memory space that doesn't give me anything over what regular web access does?

...and to end this foolishness I just had a chicken and tomato pasta, melon and mango fruit bowl and a bottle of fresh orange juice of £3.39 - go Boots meal deal!

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

* bought
    * looked at
    * refunded...

sorry this is not worth anything, not going to spend money on something I can just browse to on my phone for free...

Put it up on the Amazon Market Place so I can watch for it to go free app of the day... then I will get it.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2011
  8. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

I think I *might* try it if it was free, otherwise, no ty.

9. longweight

It is free for 15 minutes ;) you can get a refund for up to 15 minutes after purchasing!

10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I missed out on being able to get a refund as I took too long trying it out, oh well, consider it a donation.

Despite it logging you in to the forum, there is no integration of your forum account (no MP access & no access to PM's).

I might use it to browse the odd article whilst on the train but I reckon I'll be using Tapatalk instead given it has more functionality for my requirements.

11. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

WAHEY!

Excellent stuff guys, use it daily!

12. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

£1.79 no thanks. Free with the odd advert, i'm in! :)

13. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Why pay for this app when I can just browse on my PC or Android browser?
    Just seems like a silly thing to charge for something thats already free.

14. Velkro

Velkro What's a Dremel?

I allready use Tapatalk for forum and Doggcatcher for feeds and potcasts I cant really see what else this would offer other than an annoying subscribe button to something i have been subscribing to since issue 3.

If it was to offer a e-book copy of the mag to complement the subscription for subscribers then it may have been worth it.

As it is I see no use for it at present even if it was free.

15. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

I heartily agree.
    I'd much rather you didn't munch upon my testicles, though. Certainly not for the cheap price of 1 pound 79! For that price I would have to read advertising copy to you.
    But seriously. I own an ASUS Transformer tablet and have no use at all for anything other than a cell phone from which I can dial "911" for emergencies. I don't even need a service for that, just a cell phone with a charged battery. That's the law here in the U.S.
    Accessing your site through iGoogle on my tablet is all I need when away from home. And I don't even do that.

16. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

is this why i cant connect to bit-tech via tapatalk anymore? everything was fine until yesterday now i get the 'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum admin if the problem persists' error everytime i try to connect.

I really hope this isnt the case tbh but the way things are atm i wouldnt be surprised.

17. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?

Why doesn't bit-tech maintain the stuff they should be maintaining (like the PC Buyer's Guides) before they add a new crap app?

18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

So I've been visiting Bit-Tech for over 7 years, never had to pay a penny and never really had any intrusive ad problems. £1.79 is half a friggin pint for an optimised, ad-free, mobile version of free content and includes another service which in itself costs just as much as this app; how bloody stingy do you have to be to complain about this?

19. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

downloaded, installed and waiting to be impressed.

20. longweight

Its not stingy just a lot of money to ask for an Android app that doesn't really add much?

Tags: Add Tags