1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Just logged in fine.

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I keep watching that Caspian Border trailer. Can't get enough. Unngng that part where the pilot looks up and his companion is shooting his machine guns. The sound effect and scope/scale is just awesome. I can't wait. I'm going into cryo. Wake me up in 2 months.

3. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

+1 Was joking with my flatmate about that SP episode where Cartman freezes himself for like a thousand years because he can't wait for the Wii to come out. :hehe:

I'm just worried how difficult it's going to be trying to stay alive in a chopper when there's 2 enemy jet's circling overhead :worried:

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ha ha, +1 too!

Though I'm not worried, those bloody helicopters are no longer the apex predator! Thank god!

(ps: new question: how do you shoot down the jets?)

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

New to Battlefield?

6. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

look back a few post and you can see a video of the game play, plus there's also a list of the weapons and vehicles. Its huge!

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no VSS :waah::waah:

only 2 semi-auto sniper rifles, rest are bolt action rifles, and all from America. :sigh:

Jilted, i expect Stinger will play a vital role in shooting down jets.

8. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

As long as they got the G3 then im good to go

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Thats good news for us then :)

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Can Heli's still go higher than planes?

I loved being team lead on Wake Island, and flying ridiculously high over the enemy base and having my team spawn on me and sky dive down!

11. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

I'm not actually, Battlefield 2 was one of my favourite games and I've played Bad Company 2 more than I care to mention.

I'm referring to the jet's ability to lock on guaranteeing a hit unless the pilot uses flares but with 32 people on the ground with 6 rockets launchers as well as several AA vehicles to choose from it's likely to be in short supply.

Are you new to Battlefield?

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I was just wondering because you seem worried about flying a chopper with jets in the air.

No, I've played Battlefield since 1942 days and back then with mods like Desert Combat it wasn't a problem manoeuvring a chopper around jets and isn't an issue on BF2 which also has integrated auto lock on, so I can't see it being an issue on BF3.

13. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Apparently: Steam does do this, but not to the extent that Origin seemingly does.

I was happy with it until I saw the mention of third party. I'd like to know what kinds of third party the info will be shared with. If it's just other developers pushing stuff through Origin, I'd be happy with it, but they don't elaborate.

Thoughts?

Again: Not crusading, I'm just wondering if you guys know anything more about this?

Here's a link to the full EULA:
    http://forums.mariosworld.org/showthread.php?p=537

14. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Its anonymous the data they share "with third parties". Only EA allowed to use it in combination with your identity for marketing. Based on that I can see little difference in comparison to steam hardware survey.

15. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If it's in an form which doesn't allow for the identification of specific individuals what difference does it make? To be honest it seems like a pretty standard declaration detailing pretty standard uses of information.

16. dave_salmon

I was just wondering if you guys knew specifics about the third parties and anything deeper about the collected data.

This isn't some tin-foil hat wearing crusade post implying EA are evil, I genuinely wanted to know if any one could shed more light on this.

It's also got me thinking what sorts of services these third parties will be pushing. I may not be identified personally, but I don't want blanket emails and offers flooding from these third parties for useless pap.

17. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If they can't identify you then how would they be able to contact you?

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'd imagine it's like Steam's hardware survey. you'll just be a digit in their number game.

19. dave_salmon

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that, as partners of EA, they contact you via EA services in an indescriminate way. Have you never received an email or offer that has come from the main service providing company but contains information regarding a partner company?

Any way, this is derailing what I was trying to ask and making it seem very much like I'm trying to bash EA. Which I'm not.

I'll clarify what I'm asking about: Does anyone know the specifics of how this third part sharing will work or have an insight based on EA's previous data collection and sharing?

I want to know because I'm actually attempting to see what makes Origin tick instead of worrying about EA's intentions with Origin and being accused of 'crying' or 'bellyaching'.

20. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

My understanding of the Third-Party line in EULA just means that third parties can use the information that EA gather but not in any way tailor any advert/email/product service for you (or me) in particular but they can get an overall view of the demographic (be it average gamer age, etc).

But I'm no expert ;)