1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Is anyone from bit-tech still playing this? I've been putting in a few rounds over the past couple of days, still trying to find good servers which promote "fair play" and ban idiots like cheaters, vehicle campers, base rapers etc. I had a ridiculously good game yesterday with the attack helo on Kharg Island CQL. All it takes is an awesome squaddie for a gunner/pilot.

2. Unicorn

I'll take that as a "no" then...

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not playing anymore on BF3 as i am trying to get back into BF4, however i could download and try again if your wanting someone to play with? i did enjoy BF3

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm also only on BF4

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I just unistalled both off of my system, kind of got bored with Battlefield tbh.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Pretty much, my favourite servers (BUMS and BiA) both closed and the communities fragmented onto other stuff when BF4 turned out to be arse and now I don't have a gaming computer at all.

I keep meaning to build a new one and there's money to do it sitting in the bank, but the effort...

7. Unicorn

Fair enough, I appreciate the replies nonetheless. BF3 is still pretty annoying for me at times as well. It seems to be impossible to find a "fair" server on a regular basis. I like playing conquest large on air maps, so that's what I've been focusing on mostly, but most of the time I'm either on the winning team, winning by a mile, racking up 3-5 KDRs whilst the rest of my team keep the enemy pinned in their base or one flag, or I'm on the other end of it, being hammered by jets, TV missiles from attack helos and being base raped into oblivion. I have had a few close games where the score could have gone both ways which have been a lot of fun, but those are few and far between.

It's still buggy in minor, annoying ways as well. The repair tool progress bar sometimes appears when you're repairing a vehicle, but mostly doesn't. The MBT still gets stopped dead by things it should blow through with ease, whilst it rolls through stuff you'd expect it to struggle to move.

Also, despite a lot of practice, I still can't dogfight with the jets. My attack and scout helo flying and fighting has come a long way, but I can't win dogfights against experienced jet pilots, which is super annoying for me because I was very good at it in BF2 and 2142.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2014