1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Return of Monitor / OCUK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pete*, 20 Oct 2011.

1. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Hi guys, (Sorry, posted in the Consumer Rights thread also, but it won't get views in there.)

Need a little advice (if anyone reads this) - I ordered one of the "B Grade" U2711's from
    OCUK (Yes, silly me) - on Friday. I sent them a message on Monday saying I don't want it, don't send
    it and to refund me. They said just refuse delivery and they will refund me. Fine.
    So it arrives on Tuesday, I refuse delivery to be sent back to sender (OCUK).

However, for some reason they re-delivered to my accommodations reception on the Wednesday (Yesterday) -
    who promptly sign for it. I have yet to sign for it personally, I have to sign a book at receptions office to get my parcel.
    So now i'm (well, reception until/IF I ever go to sign for it) stuck with a u2711 I don't want. I know I can still send it back under DSR - but it's gonna cost me money I don't have to do that which i'm sure OCUK aren't going to reimburse.

Is it wrong for me to send them another "Note" on their site saying it's been re-delivered, why? and
    I expect them to send a courier to collect it as I haven't signed for it personally and didn't want the
    delivery.

Anyone know where I stand with this?? :/ :confused:
    Can't be bothered with all this faff. It isn't helping my uni work thats for sure. haha.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2011
  2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

This has already been covered in the marketplace which I don't think you have access to.

Sit tight I'll copy and paste!

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Okay, a couple of posters had the same problem more or less. In your case I assume you haven't opened the monitor and tested it yet? If that is the case then send OverClockersUK a message explaining the situation and ask for them to send a courier to collect the monitor which should not have been re-delivered in the first place. Wait and see what they say first then post whatever the response is here.

If you did try the monitor and found a fault here's a template letter you can use, make adjustments to your own circumstances.

4. pete*

Cheers Blogins! :)

Nope, not opened or even seen the box yet tbf. I don't want it, whether it is working or not.

So i'll send them a note and hopefully they don't arse about.

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just to clarify, I assume it was the original package you refused to sign for that was re-delivered by the same delivery company?

Also PM sent.

6. pete*

Yup, was exactly the same parcel by the same company that was re-delivered.

I spoke to the reception (after a very small angry "GRRR" at the receptionists for not listening to me
    originally) - who said they refused it on Tuesday, but on Weds it was different people in who accepted
    the parcel. The same delivery man was in today (for other parcels) - and the receptionist asked why
    he had delivered mine again. He was told to take it straight back by his Depot apparently..

So god knows whats gone on there.

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Contacted OverClockersUK yet?

8. pete*

I've sent them a note. Only managed to do it the last half hour. Been at Uni most of the day and still quite busy with a lot of work. :)

Will see if they respond today or not.

Cheers for PM :)

9. pete*

From OCUK.

Guess i'm paying to send it back then. It was erroroneus on my part, but meh.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I have to say that is really charming customer service OverClockersUK has there!

I would test the monitor and if it's faulty like others have experienced on Bit-Tech then you can claim not only Distance Selling Regulations but also the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and (if you paid by a credit card) Section 75. If the item delivered is faulty the law is quite clear it's the retailers responsibility to cover return postage and I quote 'whatever the circumstances' which suits this situation. It might sound weird but I truly hope OverClockersUK sent you a faulty monitor! :thumb:

11. pete*

Well I went to reception to pick up the monitor.

The packaging (personally) I think is a joke. Picture included. - Wouldn't have thought i'd get a
    £400 monitor in such terrible packaging. Note: The box was hardly kept shut by little parts of
    wide sellotape.

There is no displayport cable, but I think thats part of the "B Grade" crap. - But also,
    the power cable is a euro 2 prong cable!? Are all U2711's like that or what!?
    There was no mention of that on the site when I bought it. So I can't even TEST
    the damn thing!?

The nobs. Wish I was good on/could use phones I wanna scream at the *DF****ADS*FA*D*. Indeed.

[​IMG]

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Must be a kettle plug somewhere you can use?

13. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

How contrasting to SCAN's packaging. They seal their boxes to survive a nuclear holocaust.:D

14. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

OH WOW! you got a driver cd? you lucky *******! mine arrived just as yours did, and I am taking bets that yours is broken :D - test it, confirm its broken, and then demand they send a courier to come and pick it up. After many strong emails, they are coming to pick up my broken U2711 on monday, will keep you posted...

15. pete*

Nah no kettle plugs haha, um. Still piss take it's a euro plug.

Might try my samsungs monitor cable. We'll see.

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If it's a PC monitor it should have the same hookups just put the U2711 in place of the Samsung.

17. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Hello

Post your inital post and how your reception took delivery of it.

unfortunately this isnt something OcUK or any other etailer acn control as those delivery companys for some reason just dont seem to give a monkeys and will just try another means of delivering it if the person who tried before hasnt filled the paper work out to say it was refused.

Your more than entitled to return it under DSR however the mix up with the delivery company I doubt will be compensated for finacially as such.

Drop Andrew Moore a message over in trust with your address and details to the customer support thread. I will keep an eye out to see when a post is made so that it gets dealt with in the morning.

Ill have a look to see if there is a game code or 3Dmark11 code or something that I can mail over to you. :)

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

That's no way to package a U2711 for delivery, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it does turn out to be damaged. Do OverClockersUK actually check the contents of these sorts of goods before shipping them out to paying customers? I'm genuinely curious.

19. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Would you be able to ensure that the courier actually turns up to collect my completely broken U2711 on Monday please? I am still really angry about the whole waste of time.

20. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Thats how the item would have arrived from Dell which would leave me to believe it was one of the "1 year warranty recert" lines rather than the 3 year ones.

The reason I say that is because we have more than one packaged U2711 in B-Grade.

One like the above and one that comes in a smaller box without the stand attached and surrounded by a hard white foam like you would usually expect to see a monitor shipped.

As this is one of the larger boxes I would say its likely to be a B-Grade version of the 1 Year Recert lines because at £400 its a very good deal less than a new line as stocked for £635.99inc