1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GregTheRotter, 24 Sep 2010.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Some PC footage showing off the Phys-X effects they've put in. Have to admit the game does look pretty.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I wasn't a fan of the smoke/smog effects in AA, but the other PhysX did add quite a bit of atmosphere, looks the same for this. Tbh I just want to stretch my new 560's legs on it.

3. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Ordered!

The giant Batman advert in Westfields yesterday got my juices flowing too much.

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The first Batman game is on sale on steam atm, is it worth getting for 4.99 as Arkham city does look good.

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Yes AA will always be a good game, Arkham city won't change that.

6. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

3 weeks for physx and nvidia 3d vision, guess ill have to get it on ps3 untill then..

7. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Mines been dispatched!

Awesomesauce! :D

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

say wut? Your arkham city has been dispatched? Since when? Amazon says it will only be released November the 8th :/

*edit*

nvm, thought you meant AC, not AA.

9. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Nope, Arkham City has been dispatched.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Console version I take it.

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Yep, I know it will be better visually on PC, but I'm just gonna use a controller on PC anyway, so I may as well just grab it on 360 and put it in and play.

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So I haven't played the first one yet...I'm guessing I really should?

13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I would, it's still on sale on steam irrc, great game anyway. I'm re-playing it again

14. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

have to put in the 460 for the physx gimmick.. but the original aa was a lot of fun- good quality stuff

just wish devs would use the cpu instead.. no reason not too- other than nvidias money

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Developers should just use Havok. Using Physx just alienates half the market.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

DEFINITELY!

Brilliant game, I'd give it 90+ish percent.

17. Deders

Deders Modder

Anyone seen this Slider pic (halfway down) showing the difference between console and PC full detail with DX11 and tessellation?

Really can't wait till the 18th, steams servers are going to be put to the test with all those copies given away free with Nvidia graphics cards.

18. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I have yet to see a game that implements tessellation in a manner that is very noticeable during gameplay.

The Physx effects have a more obvious visual advantage.

19. Deders

Deders Modder

I was thinking that but I think with a city a lovingly crafted as Arkham it would be a crime not to stop and admire the scenery. Remember it will be a lot bigger than a postcard on your screen so much more potential to notice things.

Having come form DX10 cards to DX11 recently I can see the difference Crysis 2, some of it is less offensively bad and some of it is quite impressive. Some of it on the other hand is just wasted on straight edges?

I also noticed that the Big dragon near the mines in dragon age 2 was much spikier than without tessellation, although this is the only scene I've tried since upgrading.

Also Deus Ex 3's character models (and metro 2033's) are noticeably smoother, but like you say only when you have time to notice them

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Tempted to get this on the PS3 - would be interested to see what people think. I have an AMD graphics card so all the nVidia stuff is irrelevant for me. So far the performance hit for DX-11 features are too much for me to consider games with it a 'PC must have'.

Anyway, thoughts on Arkham City would be good. I enjoyed the first one apart from the Boss Fights (repetetive and frustrating rather than challenging). I particularly liked the stealth aspect, so would be interested to see if they have expanded on this. I wasn't so keen on the button bashing fights (my fingers are too old to handle games with chained combos!). The atmosphere and voice acting in the first was excellent and some of the best I have seen in a video game.