1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Theiving toerags and barbed wire, feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by unknowngamer, 27 Oct 2011.

1. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

This.

You can just say they grew there.

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

200 decibel fog horn and a motion activator :D
    oh yeah and spotlights that turn night into day.

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

A 120dB foghorn would do, 200 is louder than Concorde I think. (120 is the point where pain is induced, according to my old physics teacher anyway.)

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Black thorn...

5. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

punji stick pit on the inside of wall :naughty:

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Dress up as a ninja and hide in the shadows with a sword...than..when you see them jump over the fence run at them full force shouting anything which remotely sounds japenese....Maybe change the sword to some foam or something...Should scare the **** out of them ;)

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

So basically you just want to hire this flashmob?

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Just dig a hole "For building plans" or whatever, and line it with spikes/sticks, broken glass.

Truth be told, I'd go the "obvious" method, and make it clear that you took note and are taking action.
    I'd probably also let the barbed wire "lie around" for a few days, just in case.
    Check the legality in terms of someone getting injured, possibly badly injured, while breaking into your yard...

9. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

That's actually f*cking disgusting. If that floated in a court of law then I've lost a large amount of faith in the legal system in this country.

To the OP: Even if the barbed wire has to be visible, the thought of having to go past it may be enough of a deterrent. That being said, some people would just throw their coat over it and continue on. Either plant some thorn bushes as has been suggested, or get a large dog like a German Shepard and have it stand guard.

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Start breeding skunks?
    They may not be able to bring much pain to the trespassing chavs, but they will certainly leave an unforgettable impression...

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

That is so awesome...Do that!

But seriously, get a friend or something and just sit by the back window...and wait for them...;D

12. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Dig a hole in front of some "Goodies" and patch it up to make it look like solid ground. That'll teach those good for nothin' young un's.

13. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Dig a moat?

14. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

No, no. Leave something like a bike sat there, with a Live-mains connection to it. Be sure to signpost it saying "DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE." or something to similar effect. Make it bloody well impossible to miss the sign.

When the stupid prats climb over your wall, then proceed to get their hair stood on end; It's their own bloody fault then. Plus you should be free from litigation, as you did signpost it clearly, and it is sat on your private property, which they have no right to be accessing in the first place.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The problem with this is that you are legally responsible for the safety of anyone who comes onto your property, whether they are invited or not. Try extending the fencing up a little with some trellis, makes it a pig to climb and it is not strong enough to support weight so hard to get over plus there is little chance of people injuring themselves.

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

17. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Under UK law all potential dangers must be clearly labelled and obvious, particularly if you're aware that people are actively coming in and the method by which they would come in has been given some sharp implements.

If you've got your heart set on injuring these idiots, put the signs up, but make the defences invisible at the street level. They'll likely ignore the signs and you still have the legitimate 'ye be warned' defence.

Just make sure your kids can't get at it, last thing you want is your kids getting hurt because you wanted to protect them from the local morons.

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

To be fully legal you should really go for the fence guard plastic spikes. From their website.

19. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

From that website:
    What?

20. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I don't mean to be rude, but from what you've said is it possible it's not a 'thief' per se, but a haggard neighbour/area resident, tired of the junky eyesore that was your garden (as you've described it anyway)?

All that's gone, in your own words- are old, unused, broken childrens items? - Nothing of real value, especially when you obviously have a shed with bicycles in it (which are both smaller than those play homes and more easily fenced)

That being the case, while the trespasser had no right to remove anything, is it really worth moving towards all-out bunker defence? Barbed wire & anti-climb paint at your place of residence, where you seemingly have kids - seems like an considerable overreaction.

I'd suggest just going with a really bright spotlight. It would take the most brazen of 'thieves' to perpetrate such an act under the luminance of a thousand suns; if that doesn't deter them, barbed wire certainly won't!

I've risked and been cut by barbed wire time and time again just to avoid doing a full cross-country run back at school out of sheer laziness; so how trivial must it be to a burly intruder with something to gain?

TSB