1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty: Elite delayed for PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Nov 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Doesn't that imply that people are going to buy it in the first place? From what I recall BF3 is out... ;)

But from the glitches I used to see on PS3 on the CoD games, they aren't that secure either!

3. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

for "insecure" read "continually evolving".

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

:yawn:
    careface :eyebrow:

5. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

Activision doesn't trust PC gamers, how surprising. At least they're giving the massively reduced functionality for free.

I'm sure they could make their software more robust to would-be cheaters but hey, why bother doing anything for the PC when you can port it straight from consoles, right?

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

It's great they're doing this for free (that's what it should be anyway) but if they trust us enough to keep our stats personal, why don't they let us rank up on dedicated servers? If everything is balanced as well as it should be, it shouldn't matter if someone cheats to get all the unlocks immediately or if they go through the intended process.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

in another words:
    "a lot of users" - we don't trust any of your PC gamers
    "reduced functionality" - most of Elite online service

so to sum up:
    "We don't trust PC users, so we'll take out most of the online services."

i would actually be surprised if they follow up with promised competition features on PC. This, and the fact ALL dedicated servers are unranked meaning this is not much better than MW2.

but on the bright side, at least there's no Origin.

8. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

It suddenly dawned on them this close to release that they save player stats on the client side on pc and that won't work for Elite. /fail

Call pc platform insecure, insult valve whilst your at it, when reality has been bad game design and lack of foresight.

9. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I really hope MW3 is a flop... Realistically it won't be but I hope it sells less than Black Ops. Maybe then they'll realise they can't ride the COD train forever.

10. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

If you install MW3 and BF3 at the same time, its all gravy - origin will keep scanning all your files to make sure nothings going on! how handy!

Excuse me while I go and vomit, then return to playing much betters games. Like chip's challenge.

11. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

surely this is just a design fault on their end of things?! Work harder, sort it out and get it online for PC players. Lazy shits.

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I love the way the call they PC Insecure, when the PS3 was ripped to bits and the 360 has never been all that secure.

More like the PC is too open. Insecure is something else entirely in this scenario.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Then link the player stats to CD keys.

If a player is on the fiddle, toss them off the service.

Valve do it.

14. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I am pretty sure I saw on the pre-order charts that MW3 only had 60k pre-orders in america for PC and BF3 had nearly a million. I would imagine that no one is going to give a rats arse about the PC version of "elite".
    We will all be too busy playing BF3.

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

And it has been already leaked on the xbox360.

16. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

I've preordered it for PC for £27 from Sainsburys. For me it's BF3 for the multi and COD for the cinematic single player. They both have a place in my heart.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have to say I would rather have this game on Origin than on Steam with the SLOW DOWNLOADS, due to the overloaded servers, higher price than retail shop's and other download services, and off course don't forget VAC.

The main issue with Call Of Duty since they decided to start forcing that piece of garbage Steam on us is, that they are using VAC, which mean's anyone can cheat and do so for nearly 2 years or longer before they are banned because VAC just doesn't catch them.

Just look at BF3 I am constantly seeing messages saying "X banned for Gamehack", unyet on VAC there still would be no ban's issued on that game because VAC just rarely catches people.

I was going to buy Elite because of the DLC etc but as it's now going to be free because they have had to rip out allot of the stuff because of there mistakes in using VAC.

Won't be long though before someone hack's the server files to allow ranking on the dedi servers, considering the files are going be simillar I would think to those of Cod 4.

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

reduced functionality?

sad :(

19. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Isn't it a Steamworks game this time? I would have thought that Steamworks SDK and VAC would have ensured a trusted source for stats, perhaps if a little work was put in to make it so.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

pfft, **** them. there are plenty of other games out there from respectable developers that can have my money.

Tags: Add Tags