1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Humm... Pounds please. I can buy alot of spuds for 5 pounds. :p

2. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

It was making me LAV sick, he kept fidgeting about whenever I got out to repair it :hehe:

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

give Draca a LAV/tank, and he'll dominate.

Siene Crossing. my team almost got all points, Draca got in the tank and pushed us all the way back, when the tank was destroyed, we pushed across the river, followed by getting pushed back by the same tank and the same driver, lost the game :(

4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Aye, it was a tough but good game :)

5. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Started warming up early last night on the CPC server. (People do drop in quickly once one person is there) Evening away from her indoors. Then she arrives to supprise me! Denied Battlefield action.

For the brief moment I was on I think I was Digis target practice.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2011
  6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I ragequitted yesterday after TheDweller killed me for 6th time on Seine. 3-12, 6 from those was TheDweller.

Flying with wyx on Firestorm was fun, got my first Transport Warfare ribbon :).

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Draca in any vehicle with a good engineer (me) and we dominate!

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Been loving the MBT with canister shells the last few days. The amount of firepower you can put down is insane!

9. Metwinge

Metwinge What's a Dremel?

lol, Thermal vision and canister shells = infantry slaughter

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Each ball does 50 damage, one direct hit=instant death!!

11. wyx087

canister shell is the best add-on. can't get any better than that! :D one reason why Draca is so overpowered in a tank. i'd say nerf Draca!

Reactive armour, thermal vision and canister shell = almost invincible tank.
    Reactive armour, thermal vision and guided shell + CITV spotter = tank killer. 1 shot, followed by guided shell, followed by another shot and it's destroyed.

canister shell is so good, if you use it with proximity sensor, you could pretty much lone wolf against C4-ers. as long as there is no tank or more than 2 rockets.

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Out of curiosity, what approach are people taking with weapons? Are you dabbling with everything to find one that suits, or just ranking them up to 100, or levelling them further?

I'm working my way through all the primary weapons to Service Star 5.
    9 done so far, 336 kills with the Mp7 at the moment, then back to the RPK-74M.

Damn you stat-whore addiction!

13. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

I just go up to 100 kills then move on to the next. I've only done this with the primary though. My K/D has always been poor. If i'm ever near the top it's because if done the objectives.

14. wyx087

all to 100 to test out different weapons.

pick my favourite to get to whatever service star after the last unlock (3rd?). then do that for all weapons to get everything unlocked.

finally back to my all time fav weapons and grab onto it until BF4.

what bothers me are those medals. i don't want to play 50 SQDM or TDM games..... but i want them all!

in fact, i still need to get MCOM defender and emplacement ribbons...... must play more 1000 ticket server for the emplacement ribbons. and camp for a round for the defender ribbon. camping is so boring :(

15. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

:lol:

Destruction derby is the way to play, get a lot more roadkills by smashing through stuff hehe.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I got my first defender ribbon for MCOMS last night. Just kept slapping C4 onto the MCOMS and waited for people to get close... BOOM! happy days. Going to take a while though to get them.

I'm hunting the Service Star 5 dogtags for all the weapons. Some have unlocks still at 350 kills, some are less than that. The AK-74m though sticks out the most thus far as a fantastic all-round weapon. I prefer using it with Ironsights over anything else.

17. Metwinge

Metwinge What's a Dremel?

I give any gun ago, now using the AS VAL which is excellent close range as im useless at sniping so ranking up though assault class guns. Rarely use hand guns which i know isnt good but have enjoyed using a G18 recently.

It there's a tank about thought then im guaranteed to cause havok :)

18. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

FINALLY had a decent game on the CPC server last night http://postimage.org/image/5dazjcl7j/. Still.. played about 5 rounds and don't think I was on the winning team once :(

Spent most of the night getting to grips with the F2000 but I'm just not feeling it. Much more comfortable with the M416. At the moment it's all about the PKP pecheneg as support or the M416 as assault for me, though I do try to get weapons up to the first service star and see whether or not I like it.

19. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

There's a lot of competition on the CPC server as we're all on mumble communicating etc so it can be hard to come top without the teamplay dynamic, so congrats! You should pop on mumble if you're on later :)

:D Thanks for all the repairs! This is the main issue when there's noone from CPC on the team/squad, you can pretty much beg for repairs, and 1/100 times someone might bother, but if Dom and F1BRE are around, they'll always back you up! :rock:

Yeah, only issue is in locations like Firestorm where C4 can be planted on you from the roof of buildings and you don't have the range of motion to aim up there if you're within the radius of the cap points. Usually if the gunner has proximity sensor I'll just tell them to look at the roof as much as possible and I'll cover the ground with thermal/canister shell.

Haven't been using guided shell lately though, canister shell is just fantastic against infantry and doesn't do too badly on Caspian and Firestorm either due to its ability against helis.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2011
  20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You'll get a lot more repairs if you get on the mumble server! As a engineer repairing, its hard to know whether the person in tank is just going to drive off and leave you mid repair, so there's not much incentive to do it.