1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows GSC closing its doors?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by spectre456, 10 Dec 2011.

1. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Lots of mixed news. Some sources say some very different things. In Russian news it was eluded that the owner is in some sort of trouble with Ukrainian government and had their assets seized. Some sources site the reason as general financial trouble, while others say it is not closing.
    Regardless of the circumstances, it will be sad to see them go. In spite of them releasing incredibly buggy games, they were very good in environment, challenging and had some originality.
    If they sell off s.t.a.l.k.e.r. I hope it is to 4A / 1C or to another dev like CD Projekt that would do it justice. I would rather see it die than end up in the hands of one of the big publishers.

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I think CD Projekt would do wonders fort he Stalker series - I mean, just think of the Witcher!

3. Crackdown_uk

Crackdown_uk What's a Dremel?

Seems strange, I thought the STALKER series sold quite well? Surely enough to float the company for another title or two. Sad times.

However, I expect the IP will be bought by another company if not the working project.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

They'd probably have to add female stalkers :eek:

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

"The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays."

Source <3

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

7. Cutter

Cutter What's a Dremel?

:sigh:

Much as I loved playing the first 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, you have to wonder if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 not seeing the light of day might be for the best, given the tendency publishing houses have to ruin otherwise great games with DRM or a requirement that you use their own (rubbish) version of STEAM...