1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Illuminate your PC - Part 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 2 Feb 2012.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This is the bit-tech we've missed. Absolutely delighted to see an article like this on the front page again, thanks for listening to the feedback guys.

As the others said: More please!

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Top stuff.

3. TeeJay88

TeeJay88 Whens the Damn Zombie Apocolypse

What about using illuminated plexiglass. Installing leds into the side of a plexiglass window by drilling holes into the side of plexiglass and installing leds into these holes.

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

That only works if you have an etching on the plexiglass, it will look good if you do!

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Applause! Viva modding articles!

6. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Very nice stuff BT, more focus on modding (preferably without abandoning the hardware and gaming sides of things) would be great :D

7. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Hoping to pick up some good ideas with this. At the moment the lighting in my case makes it look like a Jukebox.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

This is so freaking f*cking awesome I just can't f*cking describe how f*cking awesome this is! I want bit tech to stop reviewing games and computer hardware and just do light mod features that's how freaking excited I am! Can you tell I'm really hyped up and very excited now? This goes way beyond the high I had when I tripped on mushrooms. It's just the most freaking fcking awesomest thing ever and I want bit tech to show pretty lights every day. This is so awesome I want to mod my X52 Pro as well, maybe add some green lights and an LCD showing temperature, time of day and other stuff.

9. feathers

feathers Minimodder

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Where can you get the LED flexi chains? (the ones with rubber boots things).

12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Is this bit-tech bringing back some of what many missed of old bit-tech which I wasn't around to see?. :D

If it is which I think it is combined with all the rest of what bit-tech brings tech news/previews/reviews/gaming then things are looking saaaweeeeeet as I had a feeling they would be. :rock::D

Just don't go mistreating the awesome staff you have whoever runs things. :nono::D They all rock & keep things running awesome. :clap:

14. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

15. Pirra

Pirra What's a Dremel?

Nice Article Bit-tech.

I really like your guide like this one. Keep goin' with this.

Regards

16. andy_mcp1

andy_mcp1 I may have an I.D-10T error...

17. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

UV lighting. It's subtle, and won't glare through the room when you're sleeping.

Also, mount a switch to the side of your case that runs between the power source and the light, and it's easy enough to kill any light source you install.

18. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Hey chaps (and chapesses), don't only be restricted to illuminating your cases, you should see what I've done to an old pair of Y-Fronts I found in our lasses drawers. Hang on a minute.......

19. PaulInGermany

PaulInGermany What's a Dremel?

Here's a ighting mod I made in a HAF 932 case. It's subtle and easily defeated by tuning the internal software volume down a bit. Uses a direct audio connection, not those electret-mic based sound modules.

It's comprised of two main mods: glow under the motherboard and a hardware-hacked TB Apollish 140mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zWugKPG0Aw

20. PaulInGermany

PaulInGermany What's a Dremel?

That's not entirely true. The acrylic will need some soft of surface disruption for it to emit electons, but it can be as simple as roughing the surface lightly with sandpaper. Otherwise, you'll get a very sharp edge of light at the exterior edge of the acrylic, which is itself a very nice effect.

An edge-lit acrylic mod in a HAF 932 case with lightly sanded edges:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zWugKPG0Aw

Tags: Add Tags