1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Suppose I could just slow my pace down a bit, I'm wasted & dreaming of sawing. :lol:

It was only the once so far though. :D

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

We've already said you aren't allowed breaks, we can't bear a day without a fix of this stuff. :D

Looking good. :)

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Cheers kidmod. :)

4. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Sawing every day is the road to perdition and blindness! Ps Going to sleep supine and cold showers helps (sort of water cooling...)

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Quite true mate :D cheers. :)

Too much of the same isn't so good I know but when I pull away from it I can carry on doing whatever I do, I knew after completing the first row of cut outs on the side panels that this was going to take ages but continued anyway rather than wuss out & change plans.

Just have to go at it with intense focused determination but at the same time stay really relaxed & accept it takes time & effort & it will be done eventually, grind mode, it's weird contradicting way of doing something but it works excellent, I'm sure most modders will know this method. :D

I expect it tipping into my dream that time was because of it being a slight concern of the saw dying on me with so much use, that is the main cause of weird dreams AFAIK having worries which is why I rarely dream because I only worry about things when I need to or when something is lurking at the back of my mind, most of the time I have a nice empty head. :D

I have it all laid out as stages & it all goes from gruelling to a nice walk in the park rather than constantly up & down in difficulty, I really think the cutting is the toughest out of it all & then the sanding, then precision curving of 6 panels.

Because I didn't get around to adding mounting holes on how it all fixes together that is something I'll do with the time off & I'll print them on clear paper & align & tack to the panels so I can add mounts precisely where needed. :)

1 cutting, start with the stuff which will take the longest so by the time I get to the more simple cuts it's really easy.
    2 smooth joining edges
    3 mount fixings
    4 smooth internal edges
    5 additional framework
    6 curve panels
    7 acrylic
    8 cut out additional blank spaces to lighten the load but retain the strength.
    9 clean up
    10 surface finish
    11 anodise
    12 sand edges for the raw aluminium for an extreme contrast.
    13 assemble & add any extra tweaks lighting etc.
    14 Enjoy an extreme switch of powers pc :D

So still at the beginning of the road really. :lol:

6. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

Stunning work. :thumb:

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Blood :) I might skip the break & continue, as soon as I mention of taking a break the skies turn grey again & news of possible snow on the way. :hehe::duh:

8. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Panels looks amazing waynio!!!!

9. Attila

Attila still thinking....

You're making amazing parts here mate. :jawdrop:

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks quiz kid :clap:

Thanks Attila :clap: seeing you work the chunky stuff so nicely is a big part of why I chose to give it a go myself instead of my usual overuse of bars, it is a lot more work but I'm pretty sure it's worth the effort. :D

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Fan grill revisions since I went for the chopper fans. :D
    [​IMG]

Second design is a further developed version to be a little safer than the originals I was going to use.
    [​IMG]

Think I like this 4th one the most, looks ok & won't be restrictive & will prevent fingers being chopped not that I ever place my fingers into fan blades but some crazy might. :D
    [​IMG]

Revised feet again, chopped the front 2 feet off & replaced with 3 stacked 10mm small panels shaped to work a bit better with the look of the design & removed the side middle feet & created a bigger arch, kept the back the same.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be able to do the 10mm triple layer parts from scraps from earlier 10mm cuts.

I think I can make these, won't be easy but it's doable with a good accurate cutting, filing & drum sanding session, still waiting for my drum sanders BTW, well over a month & supplier not sure when to expect, they are incredibly good which is why they in such high demand, you can put whatever sandpaper you want on them, already got 1 but it's a big 75mm one, waiting for a 12.5mm & 25mm one, they make such awesome work of cleaning up edges & very fast, can use them in a power drill or drill press.

I'll continue with the actual creating in the next couple days, still loads of panels to cut but nice & simple ones. :)

12. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Grills: number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number9...

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Number 9 :lol::D
    [​IMG]

It took a few hours to correct all the errors with all the crissy crossynesss, :hehe: was an attempt to do the wrapping panels thing but I thought ultimately it looked quite messy & nowhere near as cool as I thought it might be. :D

You really think it's the best one?. :)

14. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

Waynio, I think he`s joking! The 1`st of april, btw... or in Europe it`s not a day of jokes?

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:duh: D'oh :D of course :lol: got me. :blush::clap:

16. RcRon7

RcRon7 What's a Dremel?

Wow that is an amazing design, and those cuts are great.

Most certainly sub'd on this one.

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I like the first one the most.

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Ron, appreciated. :thumb:

Your right mate, the tiny curves are nicer subtle touch. :thumb:

Settled with intended grills but with the extra guards, the feet I removed the middle layer which will make them a little easier to make & think they look better so are now happy feet lol. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flying squirrel feet. :rock::D
    [​IMG]

19. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Great design work on those feet. Now I'm feeling those. Those are definitely a winner! Keep up the great work!

20. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Sugar Glider. I had two of them. Sweet pets

john