1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^this.... :naughty:

Looking at Jax... I might give him a try...
    i know I personally am always careful when I come up against a Jax. His jump can be quite mean, and he dishes out damage.

2. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Urgh just played some ranked matches. Won one and did really well with a premade Blitz/Ez bot combo.
    "Oh that went well, let's play another"
    I support a random solo queue and he was afk for ten minutes; i held bot as Leona against a Blitz/Ez and didn't get killed at all. In fact I got a kill on a diving jungle Ali. Graves returns and we start to turn things around but inevitably we just lose.

I hate winning a ranked match with skill then losing one due to some problem I can't control. :waah:

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

+1 on that point (not that I play ranked, but counts the same for all solo games).

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

So what's everyone's summoner name on EUW?

So far I've added:
    ijuma
    Leejs
    PlusRedSun
    SethAnub1s and his lowbie account
    Xahl

One of those people in the list randomly added me so not sure if they're a BT member or not.

Also, what time's are you normally online / available? I'm on the Eastern timezone and I'm pretty on at the most random of times. If anyone ever wants to play you can add me on msn or xfire or skype if anyone still uses it. I rarely leave my league open.

5. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

There's Yslen as well!

6. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

A ridiculously fed Fiddle is not fun FYI

7. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

This. Tell me good sir, have you by any chance heard of Alicrank?

8. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

lol. I have heard of it but haven't tried it myself. Would be good to try it with a willing second party. :clap:

9. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Quite often do an Alicrank when we can get away with it (full premade or one take ashe and switch last second). It's plain evil, being able to force a vayne/Janna lane right off xp because they don't want to suddenly end up under our turret from halfway down the lane is just not right. If you can play blitz, I'm more than happy to Ali

Btw, Is anyone here by any chance interested in setting up an arranged 5 for ranked?

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  10. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I think I have been mentioned in this thread more times than I have posted in it... haha. Yes, I am Yslen on league too, so feel free to add me.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

BentAnat
    Mostly online on weekends early in the mornings... mostly. ;)

So as not to double post - an edit.
    So I played my first (3) games as Jax yesterday (one with Xahl and Yslen, one with Xahl, one Solo - thanks, guys - makes it easier playing a new champ when you know that there's someone who's not going to ape when you make a mistake or 5).

Jax is fun - as always, after spending a long time playing one champ, I find I have to remember to use abilities the right way (for example, Jax's W can be used to hit twice in rapid succession, as it resets the attack timer, it can also be used to buff-up the Q. The E can be used defensively, but it COULD also be used to Q->stun->attack, for example). But the important bit is that I feel I can work with Jax (plus, his comments aren't horribly annoying - unlike Tristana or Kayle), and he's fun to play.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  12. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yes just having a blitz usually zones the beejesus out of a janna/vayne/ashe lane (incidental rhymes f t w) so having an ali to continue the displacement and cc is just hilarious. Definitely willing to give that lane a go with you :rock:

We are planning on getting a ranked team together; currently have a solid 4 that play together at the moment and maybe a few more still developing. Would be good to have a large pool of bit-tech members to play ranked with whenever 5 are online or even 5v5 if we get enough people together.

13. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah you'd definitely got noticeably better with Jax after just one match. Plus you were against Olaf in the first match so you had a difficult start.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The issue in that first game was that I learned Q+E hurts Olaf, and managed to harass him up until level 6.
    Then he got Giant's belt, and a few other goodies, which made him a LOT tougher, and -silly me- I was focussing on playing the champ, not the player in that case. I only noticed that he had substantially more health left than I had total after he'd killed me.

Now to learn some more and get a build going. I kinda enjoyed playing him with wriggle's as first non-boots item... the added wards make him more useful, and more aware, which is critical since he normally solos or jungles.

15. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Right i will be playing ranked matches all day and post the results later... The tone will likely be indicative of how i've performed ...

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

17. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Sounds good :D

As far as ranked goes, that would be absolutely awesome if enough people took part, beats the hell out of solo and duo. I can see it being great fun doing arams, find the teemo etc as well as gathers if enough people are online.

My summoner name is modfx on EUW if anybody wants to add me.

I'm usually online early morning - early afternoon (i work nights at the moment so its rare for me to be on past 1400).

18. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah would be great to get a regular team going, even if it's not always the same 5. I fortunately won the ranked match I played today (turns out i only had time for 1, but still).

I'll add you next time i log in :thumb:

19. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Good times, I've all but given up on ranked, having experienced elo hell, I'm reluctant to do solo q anymore. What's your elo btw?

Oh thanks for the add Xahl and Sethanub1s

Last edited: 2 Aug 2012
  20. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

My elo's currently 1320 which doesn't seem great and it isn't, but when you actually take into account the elo percentiles you realise it's not as bad as you think.
    20% - 1300
    10% - 1400
    3% - 1500 (i think)
    0.2% - 1600 (i think)
    so to be better than 80% of the community is a nicer way of looking at it, particularly as I was 1450 at the start of this season. The only reason I don't mind playing solo/duo q at the moment is because I know ranked teams have a separate elo and is the one i'd be more interested in.

Wow im patching for like 250mb, what on earth is in that? New champion prepatching for a later date, change of stats, new splash art, couple new skins, small rework on proving grounds.. and er? What else? :eyebrow: