1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah I've found myself disgusted with some of the language on there; to the point where I'll go onto the website and email riot the report as well as on client. There are moments when the community surprises you but a lot of the time (too much of the time) people are just unpleasant and resort to swearing and racism/homophobia.

I tend to only invite people to voice chat after quite a few matches where i know whether or not the person i'm playing with is a pillock. If voice chat was integrated and really easy to set up i think i'd lose all faith that the community aren't all jerks, or at least come to that conclusion much earlier.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I believe vdbswong (SethAnubis) has always invited me to skype with himself and his friends when I play with them. I try to not swear or say anything inappropriate since I'm not 100% sure of what they find appropriate or not. When I play with my real life friends, we swear and joke around and whatnot in skype, but we rarely say things in game to our team / other players. I myself try to be helpful and when people are raging. I try to take control of the situation, provide some feedback and tell the person to relax and take it easy. Some people do take the game far too seriously and it's difficult to mediate their attitudes.

My biggest issue is when someone is playing a champion for the first time and other members of the team start bashing on them for buying the wrong items, or being unfamiliar with the champion. If it's a champion who I'm familiar with, I'll send the person a message with some useful info such as "try this ...." or "these items would be better suited". People don't get better without proper feedback and a lot of the community would rather bash one another instead of provide some feedback.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

You should see us on teamspeak. It normally consists of us taking the piss out of each other, followed by poo jokes courtesy of modd1uk and generally at least one inappropriate teamspeak picture being displayed a night. ^^

The LoL community sucks epically, good thing you can ignore people more easily now.

4. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

There are far too many ragers in this game, that's for sure.

I myself rarely rage but I do swear alot, come out with weird stuff and generally get a bit hyperactive and overexcited on voice (apologies to Xahl, vdbswong and yslen for my mindless jabbering on Skype yesterday, hopefully it hasn't put you off inviting me to games).

I just realized Xahl's avatar is a little swain. Awesome!

Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  5. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

lol well don't worry it was amusing.

When it comes to language I really don't mind people swearing. It's the manner in which people use it, which is quite often aggressively directed at someone; that's when it becomes unnecessary.
    Like mansueto posted, the refreshing moments are when people react to a bad performance with tips rather than flames. It's fairly easy to think of pointless insults but a bit more useful and actually entertaining to think of strategies to turn a losing game around.

I haven't played Swain in ages but did a 1on1 duel with Yslen yesterday. I got randomly picked Swain and he, Ezreal (who he plays a lot...) and I won. :clap:

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, I played a bit on Saturday and Suday morning.
    I must say I LOVE the new "accept/decline" thing. It means less AFK'ers and a bit less rage. Any change to reduce rage is a good change, IMHO.

A few more games with Jax (2), and the other games were just more suited to me playing Teemo than Jax, so I took Teemo. I am trying to fill holes in a team setup now more than anything else.
    My Jax still sucks (5 games total now... so expected, kinda), but my Teemo is getting more conssitent, since I dropped Malady from the build and replaced it with Nashor's Tooth. Not sure why, but it makes him more stable in terms of performance. I also switched masteries around a bit to make him squishier, but more useful.

Favourite moment in game this past weekend was me (as teemo) in bottom lane with a Wukong that was pushing a bit too hard. Facing us were Urgot and Varus.
    Obviously, we got quite heavily zoned, and outranged, making the lane hard. Kong tried to harass, but got ganked twice in the process. The first time I got ganked as well, trying to help him. The second time the move was stupid enough to force me to leave him to die.

At around level 6, Kong decides to abandon lane and run around helping ganks. I manage to freeze the lane and (thanks to shrooms) manage to zone a good bit around my turret, meaning I am "unrushable Teemo" as long as I stick to the turret. Whenever one of my enemies goes missing, I push back a bit, and in general, I am doing OK. Not bad for a 2v1.

Around levle 11/12, Kong dives a lone Varus near their turret (kong coming out of the jungle). I rush to assist, but see him being in control, and back off (besides - he's not as squshy as me, and I don't want the turret on me). He kills varus, and runs intot he jungle to escape the turret, only to run into a 2/3 health Urgot. Ir un for an assist, but it's obviously too late, and Kong is dead. I pick up an easy kill on Urgot in the process. The next thign I see:
    "GJ teemo. Wait till I am dead, then KS... ><" So I reply "Cry about it. I left you Varus. I can't help you running into this one all spent"
    The response I got was "OK... thanks.", which made me giggle.
    Why rage at me and then back off the moment I call you on your BS... kids... tssssk

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So I just watched the Diana spotlight, and have figured that she's not for me.
    She seems to kill well, and her abilities are set out to kill single targets. Typical assassin, I suppose.
    She does have a "get out of jail free" card in the cooldown of her ultimate and Moonlight, but I reckon it's likely to be seen in an aggressive way more.

An AP Assassin, then.

8. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I don't think she'll work too well as an Assassin and will end up being another choice for a Tanky AP that can jungle.

She's effectively Akali, but trades the Stealth for an AoE Pull and also has a Shield on her AoE Damage. However, i don't think it'll be enough survivability for her to realistically Ult into a group, AoE them in and then stop them from turning around a bursting her down.

However if she builds Tanky Bruiser, she effectively has a Gap Closer, AoE Pull and Shield which is perfect for rampaging around in the middle of the enemy team and disrupting everyone/distracting the Carry.

As for her Ult, i wouldn't really say it's a "Get out of jail free" card, it's still very situational in terms of escape (need enemy or neutral minions) and it's not like Akali where you can bounce here and there.

9. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

She appears to do blue rather fast... Yeah I suspect she'll get comfy in the tanky top/jungler positions.
    Anyone else noticed in the spotlights whenever Phreak does something wrong he'll refer to the champion rather than himself.. "Diana targets Brand and Nunu, leaving Kog'maw time to kill Diana before she can do anything to him" .. no Phreak, that was you with the fail focus.. :lol:

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agree witha ll of that.
    "get out of jail free" is proabbly an overstatement, because it is so situational (and requires an enemy, which makes it a less than dieal escape).
    A different Akali, then...

And she'll likely get focussed down. Yeah, she has an AoE and the shield, but that's not good enough, I reckon.

In a team fight, I'd be tempted to use her to distract/nuke down the carry rather than dive into the middle of it.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I tried eve out, my god it was hilarious but terrible. She just feels so useless, but it was fun sneaking around and trying to gank. Don't plan on trying her again though as she brings nothing worthwhile to the table.

Also tried jungle xin, and it went well. Going to have to play him a bit more now.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Went home for sleep deprivation yesterday (split a tooth while grinding my teeth at night, dentist only available today... don't ask), and so played a few games.
    Since the friends list wasn't working, I couldn't arrange any matches, and was solo queueing. This led me to plaing a Teemo again.
    And I can tell you that the build to build is (for me):

Tome + 2HP (though I might go back to one. not quite decided on the +gold ability yet)
    Basic boots
    Fiendish Codex
    Finish MPen boots (more often than not, these seem right)
    Stinger
    upgrade Stinger + Codex -> Nashor's tooth
    Lich Bane (starting at Sheen for the "next attack" bonus)
    Rabaddon's
    DFG
    Rylai's or something else. Rylai's works well.
    That's > 600AP, >1000 damage shrooms, and after blind, (which deals >600 damage), so does the next attack (thanks, lich bane).
    That cuts through most defenses quite heavily.

Of the games I played, I carried 3 games. One was a narrow loss 4v5 (we were 4, Soraka never connected), and the other two were convincing wins.

Edit:
    I played 2 games with (on the team) and against Diana
    She's got potential, and her "pull in" move has the ability to help endangered teammates out.
    Her arch-shot makes for a good harass as well. One that does a good bit of damage.

13. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

In my experience Eve has mostly been there to add dmg and slows to a gank; which is useful for the lanes but doesn't make her a real dmg dealer by the later stages of the game. In a tf she appears to be a bit naff. I'm sure there are those that can do a lot with her however.

Xin is just OP at the moment.. lol

14. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

That draw in ability "Moonfall" is rather strong and very possibly one of the reasons Darius is so strong (one of many reasons).

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I might have been wrong about Diana as I considered her as an Assassin, however it seems like many high ELO players regard her as aN AP Carry that can Mid, Top or Jungle.

As a Carry she can poke quite well with Q and her shield is a nice defensive and offensive tool. Her burst is pretty high which makes her rather nice to play.

However I still think she'll eventually phase into Tanky AP Bruiser since she just reminds me heavily of an AP Nocturne who was built as Assassin on release, called OP, toned down, and now sits as a Tanky AD Bruiser/Assassin.

Sent from bit-tech Android app

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

As I said to a few of you, bought Ez as I couldn't be bothered to wait for him to come on sale (and tbh, a few people wanted me to be able to 'block' Vincent from using him mid; I refuse to name names...

Played a fair few games as him with mixed results really. Initally I found mana to be an issue but I seem to be OK with that now. Read many different guides and builds so had a little play around....

Early game, yes his Q does sting a little. After that he is really gear dependant. Where other carries rush a BF sword, it difficult to tell which will benefit Ez the best in the long run. Sheen does rock if you can rush it so you can really hurt with those Qs, but if you are behind if feels hard to justify it when the enemy AD carry (if you are lucky and get a 'normal' team comp) snags a BF and really hurts everything it touches.

If you go behind on Ez, it seems more difficult to claw your way back. I had some amazingly funny games of injustice but I won't go into that (mainly just people troll picking or blaming me because they fed and my kills were low). Without going too deep, it seems LoL had a rather 'Lord of the Flies' thing going on where if things aren't to plan, they all just pick on the first person who is initated on, rather than admit that they too are responsible for the team being bad.

Unnecessary rant over, back to Ez. Triforce is good but expensive. After reading a lot of guides, some people suggest it but after I pointed at earlier - saving for that when the enemy carry had a blood thirster is underwhelming. Last game I played, Talon (my support, although it didnt even work as a kill lane as he was a bit of an idiot) fed them about 5 kills within 15 minutes. I went double Doran's Blades and a Vamp Sceptre to BT and then a Black Cleaver. Controversial? Black Cleavers are normally frowned upon (due to not being massively cost effective and LW being far superior for single target), which leads to my next point...

Playing to a champions strengths. Ok, so Ez's passive is attack speed and while he can do find with just using his passive, PD is a no no. I get that. When I first played without a TriForce however, he did feel slow to attack. Tried a TriForce... Awesome, but underwhelming in damage output tbh (after farming for that, the enemy has an IE and is on the way to a BT also).

So: BT, TF then BC - I like it. thoughts? AD carry I usually avoid BT until later (IE and Vamp Sceptre is superior IMO) but IE seems a little redunant on Ez as he benefits from so many goodies yet, his late game is pretty damn poor in comparison to other carries.

I know that builds are situation dependant, but can anyone cast some light on something I may be missing out on or give me a better alternative?

Last edited: 10 Aug 2012
  17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Yslen's just jealous he can't get my scores with his fail AD Ez bot :p :p.

AD Ez is pretty much solely dependent on Q and his Ult for damage, his Attack Range is short and since (like you pointed out) Phantom Dancer is a bit of a waste on him, he lacks a lot of maneuverability in teamfights outside of his E. As such he relies heavily (i'd say moreso than other Carries) on good positioning and being able to kite well.

Early game Sheen is the most cost effective way of boosting your Q's damage, giving more than even a B.F. Sword. However, it won't proc on every attack so is best suited in the laning phase for harassing. Getting a B.F. Sword will do pretty much the same thing, although you'll trade less damage on your Q, for more on your auto-attacks, meaning you have to "commit" to a trade in lane if you want to make the most of things.

If you want the best of both worlds, in that you want more "consistent" damage than a Sheen, but can't afford a B.F. Sword yet, then have a look at Brutalizer, it costs 1337g but gives you 25AD and some ArPen to go with it. Don't bother going for a Ghostblade and sell it later in the game, but it will make your Q's hit harder.

With regards to TriForce, you're right in that it's a complete waste of money, especially for early game. The "25%" base damage increase on his Q isn't worth the... ~2700g extra you pay, same goes with the 30AD/AP. Sure you get some Crit, Move Speed and Attack Speed, but those are really secondary stats on Ezreal. I also now feel inclined to point out that this was the way Yslen thought Ezreal should be played... rather adamantly in fact >.> :p.

Bloodthirster is definitely the way to go after Sheen however, since it's raw damage and nets you some Lifesteal so even if you get pushed out of a teamfight, you can still Q in for damage and some health regen.

After Bloodthirster should be Last Whisper for the Damage and ArPen... the latter is the more important part, since Q hits the first target it comes into contact with (unlike AP Ez's Essence Flux :p) you'll find yourself often smacking a lot of the Tanks/Bruisers that occupy the front line of a well placed team. As such Ezreal often will simply Ult (at the start) to hit the Carry and as much of the team possible (helping your own Bruisers take down their Carry faster) and then kite the Bruiser/Tank line that's trying to kill you. It's here that a Last Whisper really helps go through the Armor that most Bruisers should be buying.

It's normally after LW that i finish up my TriForce as usually you're pumping out quite a bit of damage already and want some of the supplementary stats.

As for Black Cleaver, there are some champions i prefer it on, usually those who really benefit from having some Attack Speed outside of a Phantom Dancer (i liked it on old Xin, for example as it synergises very well with his early game wrecking ball style). On Ezreal, not so much as I'd rather pay the 500g more for a Maw of Malmortius for the extra AD and Magic Shield. It doesn't synergise so well since he's so squishy, but the extra AD when low synergises with his Lifesteal and can save you in some instances.

Anyways, to summarise:

Doran's Blade
    Boots
    Sheen
    B.F Sword
    -> Bloodthirster
    Last Whisper
    TriForce or Hexdrinker/Maw of Malmortius (depends if you're getting bursted down by the AP Carry or not).

And lastly my final piece of advice is that whilst AD Ez has his place on a team... AP is so much better :p.

EDIT:

Oh, and one thing i noted from looking through your Match History, Beserker Greaves = nono, go for CDR boots :p. More Mystic Shot spam = good, and your Passive (and later Trinity) should give you all the AS you need.

18. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

I don't play Ez and so have no opinion nor advice to give. I am, however, awaiting Yslen to make a comment on the preceding posts. :rolleyes:

19. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Hmm I've just noticed the following item on the PBE patch notes:

Bonetooth Necklace

Item Cost - 1000
    +20 Attack Damage (+2 per level) UNIQUE Passive: Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death. 2 Trophies: +25 Movement Speed. 6 Trophies: +10 Armor Penetration, +5% Cooldown Reduction. 12 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range. 18 Trophies: New Active: Instantly gain 5 Ferocity.

It seems a bit unbalanced to have an item only purchasable by one champion, unless it's going to be available to others with slightly different effects. It doesn't appear that way at the moment though.

20. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

Having a competitive videogame is like have a "Punch Yourself in The Face" contest. It takes alot of blood sweat and tears but achieves nothing. It's why I hate E-Sports and the whole Progaming scene. No matter how much attention effort and money is poured into it Nothing Is Achieved. Nothing is done.Nothing is made. It's a mindset that places wining above fun in a medium where wining is meaningless.