1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  2. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Getting a part time job with the company I've been doing my placement with :D

3. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Trying to find Future Music issue 247 from December 2011....

Only thought of the iPad and bought the magazine from there app for £2.99! :D

Also another Gold for Team GB 20 golds now!

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I now have a working 4S. It's much quicker than a 3GS. Also, even better? I'm about to grab a Gevey Ultra S to unlock it. I paid a fraction for it. I am a happy camper.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Winning! I'm still waiting for the "5", but I've had enough 4S handsets on my bench to know just how much faster they are than the 3GS. It's like comparing a 20th century 4-banger and a warp drive :D

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

No man is a Real Man™ until he has had a modern, expensive smartphone in its component parts on a table, and then put it all back together again for it to work.

8. Unicorn

True that! :D I have 3x 3GS and a '4 on my bench at the moment, also need to install a new "volume/headphone/mute/vibrate/sleep/wake" loom in my own 3GS today. I borked the headphone jack ages ago and am only getting around to repairing it now :p

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Just felt horrificily ill for about 20 minutes then, my damn addiction to energy drinks!! ughhh
    managed to crawl out off the bed felt sick, faint, weak and exhausted really quickly, im not sure why i keep doing it to myself :S.

Luckily found a biscuit in the cuboard after remebering a friend with diabetes used to have one when his blood sugar dropped, seems to have done the trick feeling alot better.

Two more gold medals! it would be nice to close the gap on USA and China a little more i don't expect us to overtake them.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Extra man points for not consulting any sort of guide on the internet or elsewhere too! I tries that with my 3G a few years back. Got it apart with no problems but had to fire up a teardown to work out how to get it back together again!

11. Unicorn

Basically if I took it apart, I can put it back together! Applies to anything; laptops, phones, iPods, engines, compressors etc ;) :thumb:

12. Elton

I know dat feel. :D Phones are a bit more annoying, and nowadays i still fire up the guides just in case.

Don't want to break someone's LTE phone y'know? And yes, all I need is the Gevey and a mini sim and i'll be using it. (Still have no data plan, but hey can't win em all). That 4S....it's just so magnificent.

Also, Unicorn, if you ever want to take apart something for the pure engineering pleasure. Try anything made by Sony during their heyday. Their XBR televisions, their ES series CD/Casette players. Hell their betamaxes. Sony did their stuff well. Very well.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So recently I bought and installed a new SSD. A Corsair Force 3 240gb to be exact. Here lies the problem over the past few days I have gotten BSOD's whilst playing Battlefield 3. This of course got me worried as I do not have the funds to replace hardware right now.

Having checked that things are connected correctly and also checked my tempratures also. I decided to switch back to my old SSD which still had windows installed on it.

Having gamed for ten minutes without a problem I decided to try updating the firmware. Though I didn't think it would make a difference. I did it anyway and huzzah. New SSD works without BSOD.

So ladies and gents. Updating firmware is not pointless and luckily for me fixed my problem.

Now only if I could pick those winning lottery tickets.

I was going to post a thread but it would be a little pointless.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Home-town girl done good!

[​IMG]

15. Elton

Dat 4S.

16. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

To Dublin!
    Except I have to fly Ryanair... D:

17. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

FTFY

18. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

some homemade cheesecake, it's soo good
    [​IMG]

19. Unicorn

You staying in Dublin the whole time or travelling? If so, are you heading northbound at any stage? ;)

20. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Just found out that work has bought us all tickets to go and watch the paralympics next month! awesomesauce. :thumb: