1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

You actually got it working? ****! Wish I didn't ragequit after the hacker now :(

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I would not be getting a server due to money. And because of the hackers.

When DayZ becomes stand alone then maybe its an ok idea. Though as long as server control is better.

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Definitely this! Although I've not played for a few weeks since the last patch, once you're fairly geared up it grows a bit tiresome. Mainly due to the fact every time you open fire with a powerful weapon, bandits and tits alike are drawn to you like a fish to water, so they can rape you for your hard work and spoils.

I think not long before I stopped playing was the first time ever in a game where I was genuinely offended by a players actions. I was on my own at the time, and an American lad had wondered past shouting friendly, and seemingly unarmed. He asked whether I had any blood packs, to which I responded sure. It was bugging out and not letting me fix him up, so took a few moments. After he had said thanks and went on his way, I noticed the cheeky yank had stolen 2 of my packs from my bag.

CHEEK. I just kept saying to myself for the next half hour "Cheeky c*nt" LOL.

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Yeah, you gotta be careful with that, especially if like myself you store weapons in your bag!

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Before the hacker I was making my way down to Cherno from Stary. Found a tent, with loads of good gear. Changed server due to restart and then hacker kills everyone. I know the general location of the tent. Might make my way to it xD

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

The DayZ team need to encourage the server owners to use the new logging tools developed by $able at BattleEye - this in conjunction with the script detectors written by Dwarden from BI is a huge leap forward in deterring the script-kiddies. Although these tools will not prevent the hacking, they quickly detect it and ban the perpetrator - eventually they will get bored.

BI are also looking into getting rid of the SetVehicleInit command being run remotely (by far and away the most popular way of injecting scripts). Unfortunately this command is used legitimately by a lot of missions so it's quite a drastic step to take. SVI was actually 'accidentally' removed from a recent beta which caused some concern amongst mission makers!!

7. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Meh.

1.7.2.5 started acting up again so I can't join any servers running that version. Rolled back to 1.7.2.4 and it works on first try.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dont know if it makes a difference but you tried DayZ Commander

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Yup.

10. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

A poor gamer?
    Hahahahaha...what an idiot.

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I think i'm ducking out of DayZ until they can fix the graphics glitches. It's very frustrating to get into a fire fight and the world turns into massive grey polygons after you look through the scope.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree!

13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

This has been fixed for like two weeks though?

14. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

It really hasn't been fixed i still get it and mostly worse than before.

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

It's fixed for some not for others. I thought I had it fixed till I visited NWAF last night and now I can't see anything. Meadsy said there were three players we had perfect sights on but there's no way I could've got into any sort of firefight.

16. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I get the wire frame bug occasionally but it's nothing major. I don't understand what peoples problem with the graphics are on the whole though. They're really not that bad. Increased grass range wouldn't go a miss. :D

17. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I never experienced it until they "fixed" it and i've never had it as bad as I did on Friday night. I was in Cherno and looking in one direction was fine, when I turned around and looked other way, polygon mess. Sometimes the flush command would fix it, other times it just made it worse.

18. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

oh my, ive just got myself a copy of arrowhead today for some zombie survival. im extremely excited :D have to wait til tomorrow to try it though. arrgggh! i cant wait that long!

19. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

Try this if your using Nvidia,seems to work

Okay, I did this and haven't had the graphics artifacting since, no matter what my in-game graphics settings are. I'm running a single GTX 560 TI and Windows 7.
    First thing is you want to make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Go to nVidia's drivers site and find your card and update it. No matter how recently you did it, just do it.
    Second, go to your Start menu, then Control Panel, and then nVidia Control Panel. This is going to let you configure your card IF you have the latest drivers installed. I'm not even joking about the drivers thing, update it to whatever the site says you should have.
    Once you have NVIDIA Control Panel open, on the left side of the window you should see "3D Settings." Go ahead and click the "+" sign to expand that down if it isn't already. After that category is expanded, click "Manage 3D settings."
    Now, on the main part of the window, you should be looking at a box with two tabs. One of the tabs will be labeled "Program Settings." Click that one.
    Click the drop-down menu and you should be presented with this big list of programs that nVidia recognizes. If ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead is in there, click it. If not, you'll have to add it
    To add ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, click "Add" and then drill down to where your ArmA2OA.exe is. I have the Steam version, so mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead. Select "ArmA2OA.exe" and then click "Open." BAM. You just added ArmA2OA to the list of programs that nVidia recognizes. Grats, you're a technological wizard.
    Scroll down until you see "Threaded optimization" and TURN THAT OFF. It should be set to "Auto" by default, but we're not even going to mess around with that. Turn it off.
    There. You're done, it's fixed. Exit NVIDIA Control Panel, if it asks if you want to save changes, you best save it.
    Fire up DayZ and go ahead and look at some dead soldiers to your heart's desire .
    EDIT: Hey, ATI card users/wiz kids/geniuses, if ATI cards have a similar setting, go ahead and look into turning it off and see if it fixes the problem.
    EDIT3: Because a bunch of you were bitchin', I changed the instructions to include how to do this for ArmA2 only and not have this settings change affect your other games. On a side note, now that we know this work-around, maybe it'll help Rocket get this actually perma-fixed. I'm pretty sure he's got it covered, though.

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Thanks subset 7. I read that on the ZiiP DayZ forum yesterday but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm on ATI but the similar fix apparently works much the same.