1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

In vague response to the comment earlier about having found every items, I'll do you one better:

I've found 50 of every item in DayZ.

While investigating a boat in Solnichniy I came upon a resupply crate containing 50 of everything, minus a couple items which were removed and dropped on the ground nearby. Just sitting out on the dock. After a little bit more exploration a crashed attack helicopter (forgot the name, not the Huey) was found in Three Valleys. I can only assume the former pilot is responsible.

Seems my favorite server has finally got itself a hacker! Hopefully it was just a transient player and not a regular.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Your name on steam literally makes me chuckle almost everytime without fail.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Brace for laughter, it's been changed again!

Also

4. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

lol :p

N17 dizzi likes this.
  5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Patience is the key. KNowing where a few tents are helps as well. I suppose that's against the spirit of the game though - I'm considering stopping using them to make my life harder.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Had an idea about tents seeing as i have one. Place one near a large town and store bulk of items. And either solo run the town with spotters.

Free space to pick up gear and if you die you don't loose your good stuff.

I have an hour of video or more recorded which i am going to put into a video.

Might do a weekly Adventures In DayZ Video.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I think a player's tents should be removed from the game when they die.
    Since I started setting up my own tents and noting down the locations of other's the game has lost it's edge. No fear of death anymore.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Look familiar?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i saw a photo on reddit of the fire station from dayz, but taken from google street view somewhere in the real world. eerie.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Anyone using DayZ Commander, seems much better than six updater

Linky

11. julianmartin

Yeah I've started using it. Much, much better than Six Updater.

12. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

DayZ Commander > *

13. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Its dayz like today when I really appreciate this game.

I geared up in Cherno with the basics and headed straight north. As I approached Zub castle, I heard a chopper nearby. Coming over the hill near the castle, I see the chopper on the ground ready to take off. The rotor is already going and I pull out my M67 frag I got at the firestation. One throw and the chopper is disabled.

Two guys jump out and I shoot at one with my AK47. I head left for better cover and find a dead ghillie sniper a few metres from me (obviously the guys in the chopper killed him). I take his AS50 and kill one of the guys, while the other one runs behind the chopper and Alt-F4's. Got myself a nice AS50 with 11 M107 mags!, GPS, Rangefinders, M9SD with 8 mags, and Nightvision. Plus a nice Coyote Backpack to store it all in.

Chopper is shot to shite, but It can still be repaired because I didn't have AS50 ammo.

Gurdeep14 likes this.
  14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Last night whilst server hoping, I got spawned back at the coast. I was a little mad at first but having checked my gear I still have everything from before this spawn cock up.

15. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Are you disconnecting at the loading screen if it takes to long to load in? That's why you usually spawn at the coast.

When you login you are put in the debug plains and then teleported to your location when you are loaded in and ready to go so if you disconnect mid-loading then you are saving your location in the plains so when you get into a game it moves you to the coast.

Or it could be that you are off the map so it can't put you back where you were so it's puts you at a starting spawn point.

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

This happened to me. I haven't been able to get on my normal server since last Thursday because loading screen takes forever, when I chose another server I spawned on the beach with all my stuff minus 98 rounds of machine gun ammo.
    My tents and everything in them are going to disappear if I can't get on UK9 before Friday.

17. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

If you get stuck on a loading screen then load up a new game and get on a server that works, then force close the old game and you can log out normally on the new game and your location will be saved.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've joined a server and had it say "Sloth has been killed" only to find myself standing in debug plains unable to move and with no items. Went back to my old server and was spawned on the coast with all of my items. Very worried for a moment there.

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just seen this, had a laugh at it

20. julianmartin

neal get back on mumble!