Other Which Tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RaisingCain, 27 Oct 2012.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I would wait for some people to have the windows tablet and see what they think of it, then you can get a fair idea on all the major tablets currently.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When I get my new Kindle Fire HD tomorrow, I'll let you know how it feels. I should have been in a position to post a review yesterday/today but it's what appears to be water damage under the screen, so I'm having to return it.

What I can review is Amazon's customer service / returns policy and that's absolutely first class. I called someone this morning (Sunday) and they have promised to get me a replacement by tomorrow, regardless of when I'm able to return the damaged Kindle.

I can't help but feel that if I'd ordered this from a company in the partner forums, they'd have insisted that I send the Kindle back first, then inspect it and claim it's user-inflicted damage, before even considering sending a replacement.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Id get a cheap 2nd hand laptop from ebay if all i wanted it for was that tbh you can get them for below £100 on ebay and its a far better bet than most cheap tablets.

amazon have great customer service they will always send replacements asap. Ive had that for tvs before that were broken they sent a new one before i had a chance to post it back.

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yea I have to say Amazon's customer service / returns is second to none I've had 3 replacement Kindle's and each time it was the misses that broke the screen

5. brummydad

brummydad What's a Dremel?

The Microsoft surface looks great and it is bursting with some great stuff. I do however advise caution as it is new to the market.

I have an Ipad at the moment and use it for online TV and quick browsing on the go. The Ipad just works and does it well and as mentioned by a previous poster the app store is the biggest out there and growing..