1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Run as administrator not checked yet program always runs as adminstrator

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AcidJiles, 4 Feb 2013.

1. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

How do I stop this? Thanks

Windows 7
    Administrator Account

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Is UAC enabled or disabled?

3. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Enabled for windows as a whole but only does it for 2 games when opening, but in their right click settings "open as admin" is off.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Some old software think they require admin and will ask every time regardless of any setting, or some will simply fail to run unless you specifically select admin.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Correct. This was common, as everyone at home, back in the old days, used to run as Admin all the time. So game developers and many software developers were too lazy to follow Microsoft documentation, an beside what's the point? It worked. So no worries... until things changes.

Some old games, put your game saves file or/and settings are with the program exe, instead of using your account profile. Beside the fact that this is not a secure way and proper way to do things, you also had conflicts between accounts, if they were accounts (everyone shared the same game or program settings, etc.). Sometimes you had games and programs write stuff on the System directory too, or write stuff on restricted areas in the registry (for example, product key, or trial stuff, hidden somewhere)

In result, as they write where they are located or on places it should not even touch, they need true Admin privileges to write in Program Files. So, the programs either request it, OR Windows has a pre-defined database of applications settings to use to make old programs/games work under Vista and up systems (it ignore your settings, and uses it's own).

Windows 7 has a database of these games and programs, and it's set for them to run as Administrator. There is nothing you can do to go arround it, or edit the

No mater whats your account, no one is real Admin, like under Unix and Linux.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2013
  6. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

hmm the games are LOL (EU and US severs clients). I moved them whole from another drive to my new SSD. Would this be the issue?

They run fine btw.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did it used to do that?
    Are you sure the game isn't running an update check before running the game?

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Its not running an update. And when it was natively installed the first time before I move it no it didnt do this.

9. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Just reinstall the game client then. I guess there is some registry setting or files located in someplace like %appdata% that it needs to run correctly.

10. Addie

Addie What's a Dremel?

League does run an update check every time you start the client, it shouldn't be asking to run as admin - I expect it is because you have copied it across, as lysol said re-install league and this should fix it.