1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Omega Desk - [26 January] Project Complete!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Squigly, 20 May 2012.

?

Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?

1. Pumps facing backward

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Pumps facing forward

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Thanks Vloyadkin, glad you like it ;-)

Thanks Kelmennen, was really pushing the glass supplier but alas they got it to me late so could finish the desk in time for MOTY, but as you say hopefully next time ;-)

Well a bit of an update.. more of a step back as the gremlins have paid me a visit, seems one of my GPU's has died (4 months out of warranty typically) so will look at a few options (or upgrades :) in the next little while.. reall pity as the cards were really running strong with great bench results.. And of course the loop is currently set up for a SLI system so may need to change some of those elements depending on the new system...

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

That really sucks that the card broke. Hope you get a new one real soon :)

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks for adding an awesome addition to the valley of projects. :D

Lower ratings on excellent projects just means a project is THAT good it makes people gutted enough to behave childish so I'd say with a high degree of certainty it's just a sign of sheer awesomeness lol.

PS, gutted about a card breaking down. :(

Congrats on the front page article though. :D:clap:

4. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Been away for far to long, new role at work has been keeping more than busy!! Have managed to get some time here and there to put a bit more work in but still a few small things i would like to add..

Thanks bud, did suck that it died on me, tried RMA, no joy, tried insurance, since it was manufacturer defect they wouldn't cover (only of struck by lightning.. go figure).. so ended up buying another card.. while i was waiting for it I found a few post's where guys had the same artifacts and they re-backed the cards and it fixed it.. since the card was out of warranty and basically a paperweight i thought what the hell... stripped it down and stuck it in the oven for 10 minutes at 190.. pulled it out let it cool and re-assembled.. guess what.. the bugger works again.. and at better temps than my other card.. so gonna get a few more months life out of the card by the looks of things.. so then the other card arrived, and since both my originals were working again i ordered a 3rd EK block for it as well as the clear covers for the other 2, so have changed that all around. That meant i needed to change some of the pipework to accommodate the 3rd card, i have shaped the pipe and test fitted, just need to find time to polish it all nice and get it nickle plated, so will do some updated pics once that's all in.

Thanks Waynio, much appreciated bud, was chuffed about the article :rock: and as stated above got some extra life outta that card :rock: now to go check into some of your projects since i have been away so long im sure i have hours of drooling ahead ;-)

5. Zondorf

Zondorf What's a Dremel?

Hey Squigly.

I stopped following mods for over a year now and I decided to check the site out again after a while, oh boy was I surprised and mad at myself for missing this!

Anyways, excellent job on the build, I was considering doing a Desk Build (Inspired by L3P himself) as well but I had my doubts about the country and availability of everything required. Who knows I might just change my mind now :D

Why don't you drag this bad boy to rAge this year?