1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

My team can finally say we've cleared HM TFB, managed to kill Kephess last night (and have previously downed the TFB using a sub's lockout).

Also Herb, i thought any excess money went to a "Vault" of sorts that would replenish if you spent money from your Inventory? Or was i just hearing things :S.

As for paying to not show your headgear etc... check out the GTN, you have enough money to buy the unlocks straight out ^_^.

2. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

THX! I actually figured all this out shortly after posting....guess I just got impatient. You do get your money back if you re-sub....but I really don't like my money essentially being held "hostage", and forcing me to pay $15 of real money to get it back. Why should I have to pay to receive something I've already earned? Anyway....jmo, not like it really matters that much!

GRATS on the clear for TFB HM....I loved everything about that raid except for the tentacle phase on the last boss....way too long and really tested the patience of our guild:D

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I agree about TFB, it was a rather fun instance...

Which is a shame considering Scum and Villainy just looks so bland...

4. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Hey All,

I want to get a new laptop for this game as my current one is poo.

I would like at least a 1080p screen and HD CAM

My Current Laptop is a HP G6 AMD A8 3500m
    8GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    Basic Webcam.

I will be playing multiple games on steam and also would like to be able to stream at the same time.

Please can you let me know what you would recommend for under £800

5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

After playing this game for the first time just after christmas when I subbed for 60 days from origin, I probably played it 15 days out of the 60 but enjoyed it. Now my sub is up I am just wondering if it's still worth playing and subscribing just for the occasional game, I prefer PVE and trying to decide which is the best value sub. I looked at the 180 day sub but decided instead to purchase the season pass for Battlefront, even though BF is good it in its own way SWTOR has a very good story experience.

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I've just got into this myself and am living the story element. Haven't got into raising or PvP but I want to atv least see each story before I decide whether to continue ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Honestly i subbed for about 2 months and then went back to F2P, still an enjoyable experience for the story and nothing held me back, issue with all these f2p mmo's i switch between then so often, i subbed to wow about a month ago did 1 week solid and not been back since

8. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

The sub is only worth getting if you raid or PvP regularly (as warzones are capped for f2p and operations are inaccessible). Otherwise, f2p is fine, particularly if all you do is story content.

9. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Sounds good then, I will keep playing F2P for the time being and play through the story.

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

As a previous sub since launch that finally ended it at the start of this year.

I'd honestly recommend just doing F2P for the story unless you're *really* into the group content (warzones, operations) and even then, just sub for one or two months to see the operations and then ditch the sub again.

With 4.0 Bioware basically stuck their middle finger up at the last remnants of the progression raiding scene so if you're looking for challenging and rewarding progression, then you'll have the former but none of the latter.

The return of the focus to storytelling has been great overall though, however once you get past your Class Story and move onto Chapter 4+ (aka RotHC, SoR and KoTFE expansions - acronym'd for potential spoilers) you'll find that they're only Faction specific and each class only gets a few pieces of unique dialogue.