1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

depends i guess...lots of people made a fortune when they altered the French tree...and the Soviet KV1 split...and the soviet IS4 as well...

2. Risky

Risky Modder

Before it went offline for the update the WOT forum seemed to be full of a flood of treads about this (what is it with that forum that people never use "Reply" when "New Thread" is an option).

I'm unconcernwed but having a lot of fun with the Chaffee and seeing how spotting really works now I have 6th Sense on my T1 Cunningham commander. Getting that on the Chafee would be pretty scary.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2013
  3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

How long is the game down for the update?

4. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Hello

Does anyone have any experience in running this game on a LAN, I am starting a gaming club for our students and am planning on using this as one of our games. If so is there anything I need to know prior to setting it up?

Thanks in advance

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

This won't run in LAN as it is a server side game.

The best you could do would be to run either training battles or company battles but either way you'd still need a full account each with tanks in them.

You could do tier 1 16v16 battles but you'd need to be connected to the internet.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Each user will have to have a unique logon to the game with a validated email address behind each one.

You will also need to know about the network ports etc, this link will tell you what you need to know: https://support.worldoftanks.eu/Kno...t-connection-issues-exist-and-how-to-fix-them.

You can't run this game independently on a LAN, it is an ONLINE game so your LAN will need internet connectivity.

7. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

I did not explain myself well, sorry, yes we know it runs on the internet, just wondering if anyone had ran 100+ accounts from the same IP and what issues that can cause.

Thanks for the link!

8. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I've played at the I-series and had no issues, but they had a WCG tournament running.

I've also played in a LAN environment with noone else playing without any issues.

9. Risky

Risky Modder

Another x3 special but I'm not sure I want to play through the garage as I'm getting very obsessed by the Chaffee now. Perhaps it's just the effect of having a good run (24 wins from 37), but when you make a difference as a scout in a high-tier battle, it's a real buzz.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Installing this as we speak, now if I can just figure out how to make it go boom...

Aaaaaaaaaand, I got lucky.

First game (ever) playing an MS-1 and I killed the tank ace on the other team. He was the last live tank on the other team, but had 5 kills and decided to come down the mountain at me as I was lumbering up it. I could see him coming and so found a bush to hide in, he came around the corner, one shot at a slightly uphill angle (probably hit his lower glacis) and game over!

Earned 147 XP (x2) and 1851 credits. Now I just have to figure out how to use them.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2013
  11. Risky

Risky Modder

Enjoy. top tips:

scroll in to zoom in to sniper view when aiming.
    you won't have much accuracy if your tank is moving
    if the reticle marker shows green yoiu shot has a good chance of doing damage if it lands there. Yellow, less so, red no hope.
    your tank is harder to spot from distance is it isn't moving and is behind a bush. Moving the turret doesn't affect this.

hVave fun.

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

They liked shooting at me...
    [​IMG]

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

So, 24 and a bit hours and 72 games later, I'm still playing.

I had my best initial success with the MS-1, but then started getting put into tier 2 games and so upgraded to the T-26, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it. I tried a SU-18 for a while, which was fun, but I don't know how well I like it. Right at the moment I'm having the most fun with my Chinese Renault NC-31 and racking up the XP with it. Not sure where I'm going to go next on the tech tree. The T-26 doesn't feel like the right fit and I haven't been playing well with it, so I might go down the BT-2 route instead. I want to play the M3 / M5 Stuart, but I'm not excited about the rest of the American tree, but I can get it on the Chinese one.

Still trying to find my role in the game, but I'm having fun

14. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

playing WoT since last 2 months and deeply enjoying it, wanna ask a noob Q may be but i want to know...... I am aiming to get StuG III and now currently playing with Marder II, my Q is if i get crew with 100% skills in Marder II can i use them in StuG III with 100% skiils?? also is it possible to skip Hetzer and get StuG III?

15. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

You need to retrain your crew for each tank. 20k silver will give you (XP of previous tank)-10 to a minimum of 75%. The cheapest and biggest upgrade you can get. Do not retrain for free if you can help it.

Unless you have excess xp on elite tanks (which you can convert to free xp for gold) or enough free xp there is no way to skip the hetzer.

Hetzer with gold derp is possibly the most OP tank in the game. I can't understand why you would skip it.

16. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Hey thanks for your quick reply, ok now i get it.

Umm not sure really i find some people says Hetzer is very slow and not fun, what is the best canon for Hetzer?

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the hetzer is good with either of the top guns,
    the 7.5 has good accruacy, good reload time, fairly good pen and decent damage
    the 10.5 does insane damage ( with gold ammo ) and can one shot most other teir4s, and do crippling damage to teir5s, however its not the most accruate gun ever made, and it does have quite along reload time.
    the hetzer also isnt all that fast although its armour is really good for its teir ( 80mm at some awesome slope) means that more shells will bounce off it than you would think

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

If you are buying the Hetzer, watch out for me in the PzIV, 105mm and gold ammo, I will one shot you...

:D:D:D

To be honest, I do it to the Stug III's as well.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Even Lemmy from Motörhead uses a Hetzer

20. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Cheers! thanks mate, I will get Hetzer and try both guns :thumb: