1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I think I'll keep playing the T49 until I'm decent with that tank first. Plus I can research the 90mm faster in the Jackson. I've only 32 battles in the T49 and though I have a very good win rate I suspect there has been a lot of luck in there.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The T49 is lots of fun, same as the hellcat shoot an scoot just think where you want your turret early on so you can turn it.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I will get my laptop back tomorrow so I will be able to start playing again. Do not fear clan mates, for bagman is near!

4. Risky

Risky Modder

I have kept playing the T1 Cunningham with the original crew now up to 90% on their first skill/perk. My win rate with it is only climbing slowly though I have had a couple of seven kill battles in the past.

And then in my 256th battle (geek points there) this. A 12 kill drive over the hill and back. So now my max xp in that tank is 50% higher than even my tier 5s, though I do win more often in them.

Still nice as that's a pretty high score for the T1 by any measure.

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

sent off my support ticket to have my account terminated, game simply isnt fun anymore, its a mass of idiot teams and crappy gameplay mechanics that have just ruined this game for me...
    and as my clanmates were so happy to point out, my playstyle is bad...so ive just had enough of the game now...
    all the ''amazing'' 'best teir 9's i tried on the test server are appallingly bad to play, zero damage everything, miss from 140~ meters regullarlly ( and thats the 'sniper' E75 ) couldnt do anything in any tank i picked...so ive quit the game now

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

FFS, constructive criticism does not equal being happy to point out that your game play is bad. It's not our fault if you're so touchy about anyone mentioning anything about how you might possibly not be correct in saying that every T9 in the game is appalling to the level of not even worth playing.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

my point still stands, game isnt fun anymore for me, most of the tanks ive been looking forward to getting are a huge let down, so its just removed the fun in the game tbh... and its not uncomman knowledge im 'touchy' , but i shouldnt have to play a game which makes me self harm out of frustration ?
    should i?

Last edited: 17 Feb 2013
  8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Of course if you have stopped enjoying it then don't play, why would you play something you don't enjoy?

However, I would suggest playing the lower tiers for a bit to see if you enjoy them. I have been replaying my PzIV recently, adding the 105mm derp gun and gold ammo just for a laugh. My win ratio has gone up 6% in the last month and I am still making a profit and, more importantly, it is a hoot.

I agree that Tier 9 & 10 are much harder work, especially with the amount of top tier arty, the massively unbalanced matchmaking and most using gold ammo, it is a bit of an exercise in frustration. I have tended to stick with Tier 8 and under since the last game patch with one or two diversions into Tier 9 & 10 once in a while. The only Tier 9 I regularly play is my IS-8 which seems to avoid suffering from the harsh matchmaking other Tier 9's suffer from for some reason.

I want a game to be fun, not hard work, I get enough hard work in RL.

9. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

your a good player maybe its time for a new clan :D

10. Risky

Risky Modder

Well exactly. The amazing thing is that people are spending a lot or cash to grind high tier tanks they don't enjoy and then end up raging in the caht and the forums about it.

I'm sitting with all but 2 of the US tanks to Tier 5 in the garage and have now unlocked the Chaffee, Hellcat, Jackson, T21, Easy-8 and Jumbo with the M6 3k off. I have also a nice warchest of 4.5m Cr and 33kXP so I can gently easy into Tier 6 with some decent setups.

If I played the game the other way I'd have spent gold on a premium account, a Tier-8 cash tank, crew retraining, extra credits and free Xp conversion and sold all my tanks as soon as I elited them to fund the next. This way my gold has gone on garage slots, camo and low-tier premiums. all of which add to my came rather than just aid the grind.

I get to play a lot of battles with fully equiped tanks and have several tanks with 100% crews to play with. I just think this has to be a better way to get enjoy it.

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Well said Risky, there is a lot of fun to be had at the lower tiers for an experienced player with a fully trained crew and a maxed-out tank.

12. Risky

Risky Modder

Forgot to mention the bizarre experience of nearly managing to run out of ammo with the priest!

[​IMG]

13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I had an epic match in my T26E4 last night. I managed to get myself into quite the sticky situation on Karelia on the hill at H1. I somehow managed to survive and received a butt load of XP and money.

[​IMG]

Replay if anyone is interested

Last edited: 26 Feb 2013
  14. Risky

Risky Modder

Well I've no Elited all my tanks apart from the Chaffee which needs another 5k or less for the top gun. It's a big of a shock suddenly going into battles filled with Tier X tanks but a decent challenge. Getting a couple of decent wins on the x5 and the Valentin's bonus premium helped.

Best was this http://www.wot-replays.org/replay/512976f5d190eaba7200000e.html

I'll work out what I want to buy at Tier VI once I see the March calender.

15. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

The T71 is a march special and besides its a great fun tank. :thumb:

16. Risky

Risky Modder

There's no way I'm spending the entire weekend grinding the T21. Just not my style.

But yes it does look pretty decent.

17. Risky

Risky Modder

Well my refusal to buy tier 6 until a special showed up. I'll buy the four US tanks on offer tomorrow. Hopefully the TDs will show up in the special later this month.

That said I'm not sure I'll crew and play them all yet. Certainly I won't take the M6 out until I have the M1A2 researched.. I might actually wait for a crew special before buying that crew as I'm still not happy with my T1 Heavy game play.

18. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Gonna start playing this....does anyone have an invite code they can send me?

19. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Better than that, I'll PM you a code from the current NVidia promo that'll get you 2500 gold - got one laying about that I won't use.

Follow instructions here.

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Hey guys, got any tips for a total noob? Just started and well....

my tank is s*it slow and everyone flies off into battle and wins the round and I barely get a shot off!