1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project N.V. [FINAL pictures and video on page 10]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 14 Jan 2013.

1. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Really nice excuse for snooping around the innards of the PSU if I do say so myself.

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

How could I forget:) That stupid vulcano had is stuck downthere :D

See this guy gets it:D

Ok guys, time for some hardware pr0n!

[​IMG]

Rear end of the system. This stuff is HEAVY!

[​IMG]

Still need to cut these two tubes. But lets get the grafic cards out so I can clean up something that has been a HUGE torn in my eye every time I have looked at this build.

[​IMG]

Not the best picture to show it, but in my mental breakdown my scumbag brain convinced me that the green o-rings that comes stock with the bitspower fittings would look good in the build... And now, I HATE the look of it, and trust me, I had given it the thought of just photoshopping it out of the finished pictures, but since this is not my own pc, and going out to Fabian this was not acceptable. So the pain began.

[​IMG]

And hour and a half later. A huge pain in the rear, but totally worth it!

[​IMG]

Now, since I had the grafic cards out anyway I wanted to try and make some nice light going into the blocks, so I soldered some LED strips and put them onto the PCI-E ports.

[​IMG]

Since there was no room for sleeving I just did them in clean white wire, and routed it into one of the fan-ports on the mobo.

[​IMG]

Random grafic card pr0n because, yeah.. Because when am I ever going to have 3 cards hooked up like this again? :p

[​IMG]

And assembled. In the background you will find my, at the moment, very messy desk:D

Thats it for tonight. More to come soon!

Waynio likes this.
  3. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

is this not you computer :O????

4. siliconfanatic

Good god if I were making this thing I'd end up keeping the thing and claiming UPS lost it. :lol:

5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Second line on the first page mate ;) "I was not planning another build, but after talking a bit to a guy going under the nick FabsSPeed, we decided that he needed a not so ordinary primary PC."

Haha wont work since He is coming to pick it up himself:D

6. siliconfanatic

Then make it look like a burglary :worried:

Either way good to see some progress. :dremel:

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

A bit more progress.

[​IMG]

This shows some of the hoops you have to go trough to make everything work with straight tubing, and not have any angles whatsoever anywhere -_- Thats 17! fittings on this picture just to route two tubes...

[​IMG]

Tapping holes for one of the fillports, and the final holes in the large reservoir. This thing is coming together fast!

[​IMG]

One of the tubes going into the top fillports.

[​IMG]

The other one is very hard to take pictures of, but it is sitting tight inthere.

[​IMG]

Tube going from the radiator to the reservoir.

Loop orders are going to be:

CPU loop:

Large reservoir - pump 1 - pump 2 - Radiator - interconnect plate - large reservoir

GPU loop:

Large reservoir - pump 1 - pump 2 - gpu´s - small reservoir - radiator 1 - radiator 2 - large reservoir

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Dude I feel for you having to let someone take this away from you, :waah: take tons of pictures of this beauty. :D

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Ohhh I will. I will see it again at GamesCom though:D

Update time!

[​IMG]

Had to wire all of the radiator fans together so they would come out of one 3 pin plug. Not my favorit thing to do, but it has to be done right? :(

[​IMG]

Working on the Aquabus cables. There will be a total of 9 aquabus units in this build, and they will be soldered together so they go out into two plugs.

[​IMG]

Got no pics of the WIP, but this is how the aquaero and aquaadjust ended out! Quite pleased with how compact I got it all.

[​IMG]

Now this is the time I remembered that I had forgotten to put the aquaero USB cable in there -____________-

[​IMG]

Everything in place after I had had it opened up, and put in the last cable.

[​IMG]

Pic of the wires going to and from the Aquaero. It does not seem like much, but there is a HUGE amount of data going trough these few wires:D

Thats it for now. Back to work:)

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Stunning mate. Going to be great with no angled fittings.

11. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Thanks man! Great, hard and expensive:p

Moar straight tubing!!!

[​IMG]

Plugs going into and out of the motherboard tray for the CPU loop.

[​IMG]

Prepping tubes on the small reservoir.

[​IMG]

Now, I call this section the "intersection from hell". It consists of 11 fittings to route the tube 14 cm -_-

[​IMG]

And a little overview. Only need to route one tube piece from the CPU radiator to the pump, but sadly I ran out of fittings - AGAIN!... Ohh well. New ones should be here tomorrow or thursday. Then I should be able to fill this baby up:D

12. KoSoVaR^

beautiful beast <3

13. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Yes the volcano,i remeber you got stuck at Spain for a while xD

This modding and your skills keep amazing me !

Regards

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I would hate to bleed that, lol! Love it!

15. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

:D

Thanks mate!

Haha, It should bleed fine by itself. I will just let it run over night a few days:p

"Just because it is small, does not mean it cannot be good looking" - Uhmm... Someone I.... know.

[​IMG]

Swapped out the original screws on the Aquaero with some new nice black button head ones, and put a washer type thingie on it for the lookz.

[​IMG]

How it looks on. Way better than the original screw!

[​IMG]

How it looks on, and also how the secondary aquaero is mounted (there has to be two in the build to control the 4 pumps)

[​IMG]

Now, since the PSU 24 pin has to do a hard bend under the CPU interconnect watercooling plate, I had to do shrinkless sleeving on this. This allowed me to make a harder bend, without having to worry about the stiffness of the heatshrink.

[​IMG]

Traditional sleeving on everything else!

[​IMG]

and the battleground. Had to chop off around 10 cm of the PSU cables on 12 of the cables, and 11 cm of the other 12 to make it bend nice and easy.

Thats all for now!

16. KoSoVaR^

you could have done te 24pin with HS, only make sure it is correctly shrinked on to the sleeve and you will not have any problems at all :)!

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Hehe, Even with 12 mm shrinks there is NO way it would work. Stuff is TIGHT inthere:D

LOOP FILLING TIME!!!

[​IMG]

Now, I took a video of the whole thing, but needless to say, I was to busy to take pictures. But here you have it! Project N.V. with fluid in! I only put clear fluid into the GPU loop for now, and will dye it later on.

[​IMG]

The motherboard side. The sleving was a nightmare to do, and is still a bit clumsy and will have to be tidied up a bit if I can.

[​IMG]

Closeup of the cpu interconnect plate. No green o-rings to mess up the look!
    The GPU loop is full at this moment, it is just clear fluid.

[​IMG]

How the back part of the reservoir looks trough the clear liquid.

[​IMG]

Not the best front shot, but it is what I got:D

[​IMG]

Inside shot of the reservoir and the tubes. The pumps are DEAD silent even on max settings.

[​IMG]

Overview shot.

[​IMG]

Closeup of the insane amount of cables that goes into this thing. And that is not even all of them -_- There is around a kilo of cables in this build :O

[​IMG]

And beside my newly aquired Mercury S3 case (Thanks Jim!) which will come to a project log near you soon:D

l3p likes this.
  18. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Really awesome work Hans!

19. KoSoVaR^

ohhh maaah gooowd <3!
    Hans, you are da maaan !

20. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

No gief cake p0Pe, gief case!?