1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What was the game you have played that most disappointed?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 6 Aug 2013.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Hmm I have played many appalling games over the years, some of which I have thankfully forgotten about. The most recent for me was Rise to Honour on the PS2. It could have been a good game except for the fact that the controls were quite possibly the worst and least intuitive I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Glad I paid less than £2 for it.

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Just played about 45 minutes of BF3 (gifted to me by a friend) - it is now in my top 10 most hated list. Not on top though, but close.

I will leave it at that, as I'm sure some fanboy has already soiled himself with rage.

EDIT: and for the record, I'm no COD fanboy either.

3. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

Basically every COD since MW, same old crap wrapped in different packaging. I hate that its become the iPhone of the gaming world, each game should have just been DLC.

4. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

oh and Need for Speed Underground/Carbon/ProStreet. I think they were designed by the manager at the Essex branch of Halfords if Im not mistaken, you know the guy, winner of the 2005/06 Chav Universe competition.

5. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

We'd have to agree to disagree there. I wouldn't consider myself a chav (Heck, I'm speaking legible, intelligent English, not saying I'm going to "Merc you, bruv."), but having customisation always appealed to me. Probably helped that I was about eight when I started playing them. :hehe:

Then EA bought Criteron and made Need for Speed: Paradise II (Aka; Most Wanted 2012.)

Which probably features up there as one of my worst games too, come to think of it. They took a game that had so much Promise (The original Most Wanted) And promptly removed about 90% of what made it great, plus the complete lack of any kind of storyline, justification for actions, sane levelling and terrible matchmaking drove further nails into the coffin, It also ran like total ass on release, and lagged at points for no reason at all.

I'm not saying the Original Most Wanted had a particularly intelligent storyline, it was downright idiotic "This guy stole your car, beat him in a race to get it back!", but it at least gave a reason for the game, half-assed as it may be.

Also; all of the DLC segmenting the playerbase, so even if the Matchmaking works; the game still throws you out occasionally because everyone's paid for overpriced shiny crap you haven't.

I honestly just want them to let Need for Speed die, now.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Oh man... Need for Speed Underground was awesome! Loved how it always played Get Low when it started. :hehe: Underground 2 was pretty good as well, the game really came into its own with an open world. The return of police chases in Most Wanted, along with the wider variety of car choices, is when they really hit the spot. I think that's what many players were looking for after Hot Pursuit 2, they should have just called it good there.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the racing genre is in dire need of a kick in the arse, if all goes well i'll start that kicking process myself

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I bought an absolutly awful game years and years ago called "FDNY firefighter hero" or something about that dumb. It was horribly dull and never got any better.

10. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Don't think I have any bad games as such there are games I have stuggled to get into and complete.

Mass effect 2
    Stalker
    Ass creed revelations (but I got into it and it was actually pretty good)

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Worst game I've ever played? Easy, Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior (PS2 version).

Would have been perfectly functional except for the controller lag, yeah I'll just go and update my drivers, thanks for that.

Didn't make it past the first level, there was a Valkyrie you needed to kill, it kept moving and the control lag made shooting it nigh impossible, ran out of ammo, there was no more ammo in the space allotted to fight it.

Refund the next day...

12. suragh

suragh Derp

Terminator PS2

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

+1 for BF3.

Honestly? It has gorgeous, gorgeous graphics but it is just a very unimaginative game. IT has simply just cashed in on where COD has been successful and has lost its soul completely. I got it from the humble bundle; installed it through the god awful Origin, with nothing but problems. It took almost a day to download nonstop and I quickly uninstalled it again.

Not the worst game I've ever played though. I did play this absolutely terrible game on the 360 a few years back called Enchanted Arms. It was an RPG with mechanics so broken it was far too easy to play or it just didn't work at all. It had a generic J-RPG plotline with unimaginative characters and settings. Just terrible.

14. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

for me, Halo3 had a really weird over bloom on everything, with in 10 mins of playing it i had the worst motion-sickness of my life. i felt like i had eaten all the bad clams in the universe. Felt like crap for 3 hours. put the effer back in the box. never touch it again.

15. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

saints row on the PC literally tried 40 seconds and uninstalled it

Last edited: 14 Sep 2013
  16. rollo

rollo Modder

Age of Conan first 20 levels where awesome. Next 40+ that I put up with we're horrible. On launch this was never went back.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

BF3 is definitely like Marmite. I don't hate it all the time, just some of the time! I know that I'll learn to like it as I play it more and get better accustomed to it. I don't dislike it at all for any of the reasons you'e mentioned Darkwisdom. I think it's a nice addition to the BF series and has some fantastic gameplay.

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

pop the spot on android i guess?

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Neither of you explain what it is exactly that you hate about BF3!!

45mins is no where near enough time to make a decision about a game in my eyes and as to comparing it to COD, it's like chalk and cheese, COD doesn't even have vehicle warfare.

Also I struggle to find whats so awful about origin, the only thing I can find to sh!t on it is that it doesn't have any sort of back up system, other than that it has never caused me a single issue.

20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I assume you mean those after GTA1 & 2.