1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sorry, my fault... I completely misread his post :( It's been a long... week :sigh:

Sorry for dragging this off topic as wel. I actually had a decent, teamwork oriented game on a French server right after posting in this thread. I suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth but as I've said, for me there hasn't been any "smooth" all week. Anyway, sorry again. Carry on.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2013
  2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I don't know what was in the patch that was downloaded today but it has made the game unplayable for me.

The sound is cutting in and out, the game is crashing every couple of minutes, I have tried to connect to servers for the last 20 minutes or there abouts and have not been able to connect to a single one, I cannot seem to find any UK servers and instead can only find German, French, Russian and American.

I know each game on launch has issues, but this is beyond funny.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

SPM over 800 outside of TDM/Dom, k/d over 5 without a vehicle, accuracy over 20% without a sniper, shotgun or AN94, overtly low team/PTFO scores, These things draw suspicion.

Then, players who seem to have magic eyes and never get shot in the back or knifed, players who always know where the other guys are regardless of position or spawn. Movement patterns that always make a beeline for isolated players. Short total play times regardless of rank (high or low) and for some reason, pictures of cats as avatars. Very occasionally you run into a player who seems to be immune to suppression, tonight I banned an invisible man (once is a glitch, but eight spawns in a row?).

None of these necessarily mean a player is using a hack, but they're flags, also the proportion of weenies whining about a good player is often inversely proportional to the likelihood of a hacker.

4. Unicorn

What he ^ said. That's more or less a concise account of what I've been seeing all week. Even in TDM, a KDR of over 3 on a full 32 player server is suspicious. There is no avoiding death in TDM for anyone. If someone's heading for 40 or 50 kills before they hit double figures on a server where you get heavily suppressed the second you spawn, something is up.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Dammit I went to get some sleep. And not long woke up I had stuff to do today. Namely play BF4.

Im going to be jumping into the Beer n Bullets server shortly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

6. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Not in themselves no, players do get lucky & randomness happens, but its impossible to be lucky all the time.

There is a marked difference between a good player having a great round & someone using hacks.

7. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I am only seeing sound drop outs in conquest large, no other times. Can anyone else confirm?

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Conquest is almost unplayable. Lots server crashes etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Based on.... every BF game ever, I think BF4 is in for a few months of incessant hacking and panicking DICE/PB statements to the effect of there is nothing wrong there is nothing wrong.

Between now and christmas I think I'll be sticking to BF3 and my huge backlog of Morrowind mods...

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I was getting lots of lag on the 64 player servers. I'd suddenly jump backwards or skip forward. Bleh. Smaller number servers seem to be ok.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

BF3 and BF4's Client side hit detect and lag makes this the problem. Unless it's 1 hit kill, you should always see the health decrease as each bullets hit.

my solution to all the multiplayer frustration? back to single player only games and on some days, don't even have time to play games! crazy, I know. :rolleyes:

12. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

The lag makes this game unplayable on 64 player servers. Gonna play single player till EA gets their act together.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm finding it generally ok, had two crashes in 4 hours of gaming, annoying but not game breaking....

Outside of the stability problems.... awesome!

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

its smoothed right out for me. at first it was unplayable, but now its close to BF3 smoothness.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I expected more players on tonight, but not all that many around for some reason. I know it is 2am now but still BF4!

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

just played the first section of the SP... its sh!t, just like BF3's SP your glued on rails and things are invisible till your meant to kill it such as enemy choppers..

Looks like i will have to do with out the weapons you get from the campaign.

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I am having way too much fun here. Spent the last 4 hours on this, finally getting stuck in.

LOVE Dawnbreaker map, just felt epic, like we really are fighting for a whole city and the sunrise is EPIC!
    LOVE Flood Zone, fighting over the rooftops reminds me of Arica Harbour (which I miss)
    LOVE Operation Locker, it's like Metro but with more than one route! (And it feels a bit like the Rock)
    LOVE the Airburst, nice way to tackle corners
    HATE the absence of the AN 94. Have forced myself to learn to use other rifles!
    Struggling to get back into Rush - which is normally my preferred mode. Conquest is going well for me though.

A few crashes here and there but no big deal. My i5, Ati 6900 and 8GB of RAM on Win 8 are pulling a very steady 40-50 FPS on mostly ultra settings. Very playable indeed.

Good job DICE. Your multiplayer gets 10/10 from me so far.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I quite like the single player so far, yes it is on rails kind of. But at leas it's not kill enemies which keep coming back until you move to a certain point.

Domination with 20ish players is manageable. Conquest 70 players is unplayable.

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Sorry life and stuff got in the way, so moot point.

I couldn't help noticing talk of hackers, and some stat definitions. I do all that somewhat regularly.
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/71188839#JamJester (27.5% acc 1467spm before the Medal. Video below, the first 4 kills weren't interesting, with long pauses of action)

http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/54007858#JamJester
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/69978700#JamJester (2 Defib Kills too)
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/52338810#JamJester
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/69907802#JamJester
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/52182742#JamJester (28% accuracy, 32p TDM)
    http://bf3stats.com/report/pc/68636711#JamJester (5KDR, 32p TDM, 930spm & M98B)

(got the stats links while waiting for that ^ to render)

AND I don't even think I'm all that good, I can struggle.

Also CPU bottlenecking, because the above was recorded with ShadowPlay, (an excellent hardware feature tuk ;) nothing like FRAPS at all) watch the GPU usage vary between 70% to 99%.

20. Unicorn

Yeah, but we all know you're a hacker Jester... No point in trying to pull the wool over our eyes now! :p :hehe:

All joking aside, I know it's possible. If I had £5 for every time I was accused of aimbotting in CSS (a much easier game to get away with it in, due to VAC being less secure than a damp paper bag) I'd be a rich, retired man by now. You have hundreds of hours to your name though, and an obvious knack for the game. In my opinion, players of that caliber are not common enough to be seeing one or two on almost every server you join for a whole week.

Since we're OT again, I may as well add that it occurred to me last night after a great 32 player game on Seine Crossing that all the problems I've been facing in BF3 all week have stemmed from a lack of teamwork. I'm not talking about Team DM which is a cluster**** at the best of times and mainly suffers from the bullet mechanics issues which were mentioned a few posts ago, I'm talking about conquest games where people don't/won't squad up and play as a team to try and at least counteract the stacked team or suspect enemy players.

I played 100% better when squadded up with bit-tech people for those few weeks when I was new to the game than I am able to now. I'm so much more experienced and should be able to play to a good standard, the fact is though, in BF3 you'll get reamed every single time no matter how good you are if your team are not actually a team. With 70 hours of game time, I should have a decent SPM, KDR and W/L ratio by now, but they are all abysmal because I've either been playing on my own or in squads who don't support each other since I stopped playing with you guys.

It's exactly the same in Reach matchmaking on XBL - if you go searching for games on your own, you'll inevitably come up against a group of players in a party who will play as a team and decimate your team of "randoms" no matter how good some of them are individually. When searching for games in matchmaking with a party of my skilled XBL Halo friends, we hardly ever lose.