1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

Niceee i cant wait to see what il be getting i mean i like smooth and sharp so i stick to medium tbh and i dont complain probably about 30-40fps on my old setup ;)

2. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I am seriously considering not even bothering with BF4 now, after the worst, most unenjoyable 3 days of gaming I have ever experienced in BF3. Seriously, I think every server I have played on this week has been full of hacking ****s. I'm one more brutal, stacked loss away from uninstalling it and selling my BF4 key.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Calm down. I've played over 350 hours and only ever experienced two hackers, both of which were about 18 months ago. Just play on managed servers, problem goes away.

5. Unicorn

Shall I record a few minutes of me being spawn killed 15 times in a row? I have experienced plenty of aimbotters in less than 100 hours of BF3, some who have been kicked by PB and some who have gotten away with it. And define "managed server". I've looked, believe me. There is no such thing. Played a game of Conquest Large on Caspian earlier. The other team finished with 450+ tickets. That was a managed server, with admins on both teams.

The BnB servers seem to have vanished off the face of the earth. I cannot find them in the server browser or my history.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ok, yeah, definitely record some hackers, I'd be keen to see them in action!

Sure, sometimes you are in a game that ends up with a lopsided score, but the only thing that's important is that you put in a decent individual performance.

One thing to do if you are getting spawnraped is to join a full squad, then spawn as a sniper, sneak through enemy lines and lay a spawn beacon. Its only on extremely rare occasions that its genuinely impossible to get past the enemy line after a few goes.

That said, if a few hackers and spawn raping games really does bother you, Battlefield may not be the game for you.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

But hackers are on every game surely? At least on competitive FPS I imagine they must be in every game.

Sorry to hear your bad experiences though, never encountered any hacking. Mostly I'm just an incapable player which makes me rage lol

8. Unicorn

Your entire post talks about sometimes. I have put up with three days of it - every time I've played the game over the past three days it has been a gruesome experience because of spawn raping, hackers or ridiculously stacked teams. I don't think I've won a game this week. It's that bad. That's why I'm saying that I don't think I want to play BF4.

9. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Don't remember the last time I was able to play a whole day on BF3 without seeing at least one hacker ...maybe you just don't know how to spot them, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Normally it's a hassle trying to find at least one server with an admin that isn't hacking themselves or knows how to spot a hacker & is willing to ban them.

10. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

In campaign playing a bit getting into the 2nd bit of campaign and I get Direct X error driver 33165 didn't send instruction.:sigh:

Great game though!!

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My apologies if this question has been answered or covered earlier but will BF4 have a really poor single player game which BF3 most certainly did?
    I stopped playing COD, BF and MoH games as it pretty much seemed to be, to me anyway, as same as same as.

I appreciate that most of you guys play the multiplayer side of the game so have an entirely different view. But I am not so look for a decent single player experience.

12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Battlefield isn't known for it's Single Player experience. If it's Single Player you're looking for, I'd go to the Skyrims, Half Lifes, Bioshocks of the world.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Well I never got my copy from amazon today despite paying for next day delivery.

Before anyone says why didn't I get a cd key instead, my internet connection is really slow and would have taken days to download so getting a DVD version was the only option.

Even taking into account that I could now have downloaded it quicker as it hasn't arrived, if I ever have to reinstall I don't want to have to go through the download hassle again.

14. Unicorn

Please tell me you left the "not" off the end of that sentence?!

15. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately there was a influx of new users to bf3 due to the humble bundle. That said, I played it again after the beta finished and saw no issues. Depends what game type you play, you see most idiots on 64 player TDM maps.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No I did not mean to add the word 'not.'

17. Unicorn

So what you're saying is that you thought the BF3 campaign was good? Erm... anyone else see the flaw in that?

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I see very few hackers, the ones I do see get booted in short order, assuming they aren't auto-banned the moment they try to join.

What I do see a lot of is players who haven't mastered the shooting mechanics against players who have, followed by incorrect assumptions born of frustration. The better assault rifles can nail you so fast that from your perspective the damage arrives in one big lump and you die instantly, that's just how it is.

[BIA] Brothers in Arms and [BUMS] Beginner friendly are pretty much clean and free of hackers, they're where I play most, that does not mean they're free of skillful and organised players though.

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Dude he's not saying that at all, read the post properly, he's just asking if BF4 has a crummy tacked on SP like the BF3 single player campaign.

I've just played my first couple of hours of BF4 and I'm actually quite enjoying it. I played about 2 games of the beta and I didn't enjoy it that much, partly because of the performance issues. Now I'm running a clean install of Windows 8.1 with the latest nvidia drivers and it runs smooth as butter at 1080p with ultra settings and 4x AA (not sure what FPS numbers I'm getting exactly as BF4 doesn't seem to like the MSI afterburner overlay).

I'm not sure what to make of the maps at the moment, on the one hand I'm quite enjoying the increased vertical element, however it does seem to have resulted in an increased number of rooftop bush wookies.

20. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Only if they are blatantly obvious ....this is rare.

subscription/private hacks are anti-cheat proof.

This is the age old camouflage, l2p noob etc ...I think there are people who can spot hackers and those that can't, for a start you can't tell from one random kill, that would be silly, but hackers have a specific signature that is difficult to hide for any length of time from someone that knows what to look for.